Not sure how to feel about this "date"...

She basically interrogated me. Wanting to know where I lived, who I lived with, how much I made, why I wasn't making more, where I worked, why I worked there, where I went to school, why I went there (and why I went so late), past relationships, why they didn't go so well, etc.

... that's a NOPE. Got pretty uncomfortable.

GET OUT OF THERE!

How did you meet this one?

A dating site. I know, I know. But my job has weird hours which makes doing it the conventional way not as easy as I'd like.

Seems like the opening of a romantic comedy where you swear off dating after that

Honestly it was a bit of a blow. I think I am gonna take a break from this for a while... I don't want it to put a damper on my holidays, something which work has already done.

I've tried online dating before. Went out on a date with a crazy religious girl who wouldn't have sex with anyone, but would still go skinny dipping wi th her friends. She was pretty crazy aside from that. But dear god was she gorgeous. There's some kind of Crazy/Hot balance ratio with some people I think.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 4

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Oh @Plattym3, I made something for you. Warning DQXI Post-game spoilers  

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Posted Images

I want to go the traditional route, but I'm not having any luck actually meeting people. I don't KNOW any single girls besides the neighbor girl and the crazy self-important chick at work.

I want to go the traditional route, but I'm not having any luck actually meeting people. I don't KNOW any single girls besides the neighbor girl and the crazy self-important chick at work.

Work on yourself, be somebody you would want to date (if you were a girl that is...okay this is weird, but just go with it). Don't settle for someone who isn't right for you, and don't put all your emotional eggs into one basket. Yadda yadda, proverb proverb.

Or try the online dating thing. There's no shame in that, its a perfectly viable method of meeting someone in the modern world. There are more fish in the sea when your net covers the entire globe.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Work on yourself, be somebody you would want to date (if you were a girl that is...okay this is weird, but just go with it). Don't settle for someone who isn't right for you, and don't put all your emotional eggs into one basket. Yadda yadda, proverb proverb.

Or try the online dating thing. There's no shame in that, its a perfectly viable method of meeting someone in the modern world. There are more fish in the sea when your net covers the entire globe.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I already try to be the best person I can be. Sure, there's always room for improvement, but the only thing I can think of about myself that definitely needs work is physical. I'm fat. Personally I don't care that I'm fat - but I don't believe I'm all that physically attractive, either. I don't let it get to me though, in fact the only reason I even think about it is because I don't want it to preclude me from dating. I've been trying to eat less and eat healthier, but it hasn't changed much. I'm worried that I want be able to get past this without changing up my hobbies and my daily routine - currently all my favorite things to do are counter-productive to losing weight (i.e. sitting on my ass and playing video games). There's one thing I'd really love to do that is more active, though - I'd love to go on a long bike ride every day. Unfortunately I haven't owned a bike since I was in high school (sophomore year I think) and I can't afford to buy one right now. And when I'm working, well I'm never home and even if I had one, I couldn't take my bike with me in the company van, there's no room. I've also considered joining a gym, but that's also out of the question as I'd never be in town to make use of my membership. A few times I've tried just doing the generic equipment-free exercises, like push-ups, sit-ups, running, etc. but I have trouble staying motivated, as I entirely hate doing these things. They're no fun, physically tiring, and I've never seen any results (although admittedly that is from the lack of motivation - I can't seem to push myself to continue long enough to see results). So I guess I also need to work on being self-motivated.

Well, there's that, and I also need to get my driver's license. But it would help if I could actually practice driving on a regular basis. Despite my efforts, people are just too busy to drive with me all the time.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

That's what I meant, learning to be self-sufficient, motivated, etc. Working on yourself doesn't necessarily mean being a "good" person.

I met my wife on eharmony. My current wife. My ex-wife I met in high school and that obviously didn't go so well. There's no harm in online dating. It can be scary/fun as much as people can be crazy/hot.

That's what I meant, learning to be self-sufficient, motivated, etc. Working on yourself doesn't necessarily mean being a "good" person.

I agree with this working on yourself idea. I know one big thing with my ex-wife was that when we started dating, we didn't have a good idea of what we wanted to be or our life to be when we got older. And those things (and her mental illness) got in the way of our lives. As we grew into who we wanted to be, we just didn't like what the other person had become. My wife now and I had some clear cut idea of what we wanted to be and what we wanted out of life and marriage. We've now been together 5 years and it's been wonderful.

I agree with this working on yourself idea. I know one big thing with my ex-wife was that when we started dating, we didn't have a good idea of what we wanted to be or our life to be when we got older. And those things (and her mental illness) got in the way of our lives. As we grew into who we wanted to be, we just didn't like what the other person had become. My wife now and I had some clear cut idea of what we wanted to be and what we wanted out of life and marriage. We've now been together 5 years and it's been wonderful.

You bring up some very good points, Platty. I have no idea what I want to be. The only thing I know for sure I want out of life is someone special to share it with.

How did you decide what you wanted to do with your life? I know this sounds terrible, but I can't seem to focus on one goal. I don't really have a passion for anything. (Cue Morrie)

Unfortunately, with me it was luck. I remember in high school I just liked math and journalism. I got a math scholarship, so I went for a math major in college. My college had this J-term class where you had to take 1 class all January long and they met like 4-5 hours daily and had a $#!& load of homework. I was lazy (after just 1 semester I was used to few classes) and didn't like the sound of that. So, my freshman year I read every course description and called a couple professor about their classes. One told me he just sent kids to his daughter's school as an aide for a month. Full day of elementary school, but no class work. Show up, do well, easy A. Sold!

Well, I spent 4 weeks as an aide there and never left. I spent 7 more semesters volunteering and substitute teaching and doing internships at that school. When I graduated, they offered me a job. I was moving though. I taught elsewhere for 5 years but when I returned I got a job there for 8 more years when it was run by the 2 teachers I'd spent that month with.

I didn't know I wanted to teach until I went in and assisted. I still think to this day apprenticeship works better than college. I'm lucky I was able to do both. And very lucky I fell into it.

;) When meeting a girl don't go in with the intention of forming a romantic relationship, just shoot for being friends for now, of course having common interests helps with conversation (Which is key to sustaining any form of relationship of course) and of course mutual attraction. If the attraction is there, you both have some common ground and have known one another for awhile then look at going beyond friends. I do understand your frustration regarding this matter though Erdrick, a few years back I was in the same boat as you, I live in a small area filled with folks that have little to nothing in common with me when I started going to conventions that is where I met some of my closest real life friends. Maybe try hitting up a local convention, there you might find someone or at least some friends to talk to (be it in person or even online)

How did you decide what you wanted to do with your life?

Finding out what you want to do in life, that's something I think all 7 Billion of us have struggled with at one point or another in life, me personally, just being a father would be fine for me, if I hit it big with game design, so be it, if not, hey it's a fun little hobby. Platty's advice is pretty good too, if your looking at going to college to study for something, read the information on courses at various colleges and maybe call up a couple of professors if you're confused or unsure about something. You could also look into learning a trade, be it construction, plumbing or even auto repair (There will ALWAYS be a need for this line of work)

Edited by Slime Master

Finding out what you want to do in life, that's something I think all 7 Billion of us have struggled with at one point or another in life, me personally, just being a father would be fine for me

Wait. What!? Are there baby slimes already here or on the way!?

You haven't heard? He has a simple, peaceful dream of becoming a father of a sweet, little, pretty girl that he will dubly name Crystal Weston Chandler. Crystal, a name that sounds similar to his, but it has a nice ring to it. And it's also similar to the illustrious metal that is mined from the Earth's ground.

Oh, my. Do I have stories to tell you about someone named Crystal.

Just not on a public forum.

Crystal, sweet Crystal.

Anyways, I personally loved Star Wars.

I met my wife on eharmony. My current wife. My ex-wife I met in high school and that obviously didn't go so well. There's no harm in online dating. It can be scary/fun as much as people can be crazy/hot.

I'm in the same boat here. Tried dating girl I liked in high school after high school, it did not work out well, it was a catastrophic end to the relationship. Years later she's been contacting my friends to have them tell me she's in another country and getting married now, like I care or something. Met the current girlfriend on twitter of all places, and we've been dating for years. I'm saving up for a ring right now.

• Upvote 1

You haven't heard? He has a simple, peaceful dream of becoming a father of a sweet, little, pretty girl that he will dubly name Crystal Weston Chandler. Crystal, a name that sounds similar to his, but it has a nice ring to it. And it's also similar to the illustrious metal that is mined from the Earth's ground.

;)  Dude what? :laugh: Um I'm not Chris Chan and you talk about ME not adding anything relevant to the conversation. :rolleyes: You also forget about that guys notorious homophobia and racism, two things that I lack. (Not to mention the myriad of things he's done that are seriously NSFW or really NSFA [Not safe for ANYONE]) Good job making yourself look like a total d-bag but also a troll who clearly hates himself and lashes out by trying to bully people he deems lesser than himself.

@Platty: No there aren't any baby slimes in the near future at this time. By the way, I would love to see the end result of your dresser repainting. I'm sure what ever you decide your son will be happy with.

Edited by Slime Master

We're dragging our feet on buying a bed frame. Want to get a big one for a queen bed, with twin trundle and bunk bed so when our families come, they can all stay in there and our son can sleep in with us or his soon to be brother. Once we get that, we can decide on painting the room. And then we can do the dresser. Hopefully this spring break I can get to that.

What the hell is even going on in this topic anymore?

• Upvote 1

I didn't even know that what Dwaine said was insulting. I think I missed a critical plot point here somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I didn't even know that what Dwaine said was insulting. I think I missed a critical plot point here somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Me neither. It's apparently some sort of cultural reference you and I know nothing of.
  • Upvote 1

;) He mentioned infamous internet dweller Christian Weston Chandler, look him up on Google if you want, I'll warn you now, some of the things you'll find, as I previously stated, are not safe for work viewing.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?