;) I gave up on any Big Three networks when NBC Canceled Constantine. While the 2005 movie was one of the worst adaptations of a comic book character in recent history, the TV series starring Matt Ryan was actually pretty good. Yes it took a few liberties here and there but it at least tried to stay true to the source material.

As for Sci-Fi stuff today, I've turned to BBC for that :3 (Thank you Peter Capaldi aka The Twelfth Doctor)

Eal: Don't forget the myriad of horrendous "Reality" TV shows.

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Got good news this morning! Thank goodness! That’s a huge sigh of relief.

Posted Images

I love my Gordon Ramsay shows, but other than him, fake reality could go away and I'd barely notice.

Well, maybe I would as they're would be more new shows on.

Apparently it's no longer obvious that what I state is my opinion only. I'm not a journalist, a fact man, nor God, just an opinionated poster. Readers, be warned.

So here's my anecdote from last night:

(Gets home from work late due to holiday hours and fog)

Boy, I'm not feeling all that tired even though it's 11:30. Well, I'll play a little something for a bit then head to bed. But what....wait I know, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike! It's been awhile since I've played that, and a little fighting for half an hour would be alright. Plus I hear Q calling my name to play as him again...

(2 hours later)

Oh look (but replace look with a 4 letter curse word), it's 1:40 now. I should probably go to bed...(proceeds to go to sound test and listen to music while checking out the Den one more time)

Oops.

;) Just bought my copy of Dragon Quest Heroes on Steam and now waiting for it to download and install, since this sucker is over 19 Gigs I'm in for one hell of a wait time...

;) It should, I did look over the specs when it was announced that it was coming to Steam. If it doesn't, as much as it would pain me to do so I'd have to see about getting a refund (That shouldn't be the case though.)

;) It should, I did look over the specs when it was announced that it was coming to Steam. If it doesn't, as much as it would pain me to do so I'd have to see about getting a refund (That shouldn't be the case though.)

Good luck. I still can't get the dang thing to display in a proper resolution at full screen setting.

Sent from my Nexus 6

;) Feh, I SHUN Full Screen, I LIKE being able to chat with friends and watch some RunawayGuys or SomeOrdinaryGamers (ESPECIALLY Deep Web/Dark Web/Dank Web Browsing) videos. Full Screen doesn't allow for that (and can be the cause of a lot of lag issues)

;) Feh, I SHUN Full Screen, I LIKE being able to chat with friends and watch some RunawayGuys or SomeOrdinaryGamers (ESPECIALLY Deep Web/Dark Web/Dank Web Browsing) videos. Full Screen doesn't allow for that (and can be the cause of a lot of lag issues)

Well it shouldn't be the cause of lag issues. The game should run smoothly at full screen. That's kind of integral to game development.

I do enjoy running games like Civilization in windowed mode, but games like Heroes doesn't really allow for multitasking anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6

;) Guess I'm more adept at Multitasking then, I just don't like having one thing hog up all the screen, and the emphasis on it just sounds a little to anal retentive to me. Of course before I can see for myself if your words are true, I have to wait for the downloading to finish.

Okay seriously, STOP quoting my posts when replying, It's really starting to get annoying.

Edited by Slime Master

Why do you find it so annoying anyway?

;) When I first joined up, repeating the whole quote button reply thing which seems to be the trend NOW, was considered spamming. I used to do that and was actually advised not to do such anymore, I also find it pointless as I feel my posts aren't really anything WORTH quoting if I may be honest. Also, there is a quick reply box at the bottom that doesn't require hitting the quote button. So again I do humbly request that people stop quoting my posts when replying, it's a waste of your time and mine, there's just nothing "Quote Worthy" there.

People are going to do it anyway, and from my 2 and a half years here I've seen that most people who use the quote feature specifically do so to make sure the user they are responding to knows that they are.

Sorry if it bothers you, but people are going to quote you anyway if they are specifically responding to you. It happens, guv.

;) Well, to be fair sometimes there ARE things that are worth quoting (In my case it's that image of DQ VII 3DS in Gamestop's availability section) and I guess I'm just a relic from a different era on the Den.(Back when our pips used to be Treasure Chests and the highest post rank only required 8000 Posts xD ) Speaking of being a relic, this January will mark my 13th year as a member of these forums and I THINK 10th or 11th year holding the top spot xD

The reason I do so is so that readers know I'm replying directly to you. When I just make a new comment like I'm doing know it doesn't more easily show who I'm talking to. Of course with direct acknowledgments like this one, it isn't that big of a deal, but with more ambiguous replies, it helps you to be more specific. And, in Tapatalk, it's just as easy to reply to you directly as it is to quick reply.

Plus it more readily gets the attention of the person you're replying to. I definitely prefer it when people directly reply to my comments. That's kind of what the feature is there for. You can tell each board member not to reply to your comments, but there are still going to be people who forget, don't know about it, or who just plain refuse to acquiesce.

Sent from my Nexus 6

;) Ahhhhh so that explains the recent trend, I do things the old fashioned way, I don't do the whole mobile phone scene. Closest thing to that is my Laptop

I prefer the desktop site, but if I only posted when I'm able to use the desktop forum, then I would never post. And I like you guys too much for that. Even when I'm home, its easier to use Tapatalk on my tablet while playing some Steam games than it is to Alt+tab out the game I'm in and go to the Den's forum page...unless I'm playing a turn based game I can't really do that. And I've been playing a lot of Heroes and Half-Life 2 lately (in addition to some Game Dev Tycoon before bed...although that game is dangerous when you need to put yourself on a time limit...its incredibly easy to just want to develop one. more. game....and before you know it you have to wake up in five hours)

Maybe if this were a forum where a thread can reach 200 posts in three hours, spam like that might be more significant, but this is a small tight-knit group and I don't think we have much to worry about in regards to things becoming cluttered quickly.

But aside from all that, for me at least, its just instinct to direct reply. Nobody told me to stop when I joined up and I've had it done to me plenty of times. To be honest with you, I can't remember if I quoted your post to make this reply or if I just tapped quick reply. And since checking would require me to scroll up quite a bit on my phone, I wouldn't naturally notice it before posting.

As it turns out, I did quote you, but I scrolled up and deleted your quote, just this once. I can't promise I'll remember to not quote you later. Especially when I'm tapping out quick replies while on the elevator at work or when out on a mail run. I'm usually not concerned with making everything look nice during those moments.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Edited by AustNerevar

;) When I first joined up, repeating the whole quote button reply thing which seems to be the trend NOW, was considered spamming. I used to do that and was actually advised not to do such anymore, I also find it pointless as I feel my posts aren't really anything WORTH quoting if I may be honest. Also, there is a quick reply box at the bottom that doesn't require hitting the quote button. So again I do humbly request that people stop quoting my posts when replying, it's a waste of your time and mine, there's just nothing "Quote Worthy" there.

Can I quote you on this?  :P

Anyway, I have my last final tomorrow at 9 and then later that day I'll be heading back to where I lived for the last part of my grade 12 year while I annoy my friends and collect monies.

All my finals are this week for the next four days (one final each day all at different times), but after 10:30 AM on Thursday I'll be done for the semester....well, at least until my J term class. Really hate I have to do a J term class, but it's the only time I can take the class along with needing it for my major.

The term is over already for both the major colleges in my area. My school doesn't start again until January.

The term is over already for both the major colleges in my area. My school doesn't start again until January.

I really miss school :/

Sent from my Nexus 6

I really miss school :/

I don't.

I miss my job though.

You'll miss school one day. Or at least the time when you're learning new things instead of being stuck in the rut of day after day at a 40 hr a week job. I feel like a slave.

Sent from my Nexus 6

;) Ahhhhh so that explains the recent trend, I do things the old fashioned way, I don't do the whole mobile phone scene. Closest thing to that is my Laptop

Yep. If someone quotes me, I immediately get a notification on my phone via Tapatalk. I've been about 98% Tapatalk since returning to the Den after my 2 year absence. It's the only way I'd still be on here. And I see more of you use it daily, there's little logos next to names now of those who use it. Yeah, the quote thing is very convenient and universally accepted at this point. I've never seen it questioned before.
  • Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?