What's New With You?

Had to take an unconstitutional drug test for employment screening today. Not that I smoke or anything, but they also test for freaking nicotine. If I ever decide to take up smoking they can go f**k themselves. It's 2015 for Christ's sake, as long as I don't show up high for work they don't have a single g******ed say in what I put in my own body at home.

/rant

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Perhaps it might be a good idea to cut down on the nicotine.

Tell me more about this "Amiibo motherload."

Let's just say that afterwards I was really feeling it.

In the wallet I'm sure. I actually went back to get him but he was sold out so I settled for Froakie. It's so nice to say I "settled" for what was once a $50+ toy on eBay.

Sure, but I was referring to the joy of actually finding these things when they aren't $50 as you said. Plus it's pay week at work so it balances out.

I'm just happy I now have the Captain Falcon outfit for Mario Kart 8.

I don't know why but every time I have a ton of fun at one of my girlfriend's family gatherings I get incredibly depressed when I get home. Like, more than usual.

Nevermind, this was a stupid post. 

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Went to my cousin's wedding yesterday. The wedding ceremony and reception hall looked great and completely fit her style and personality, and everyone has a good time, especially her and her husband. Only thing that sucked (for lack of a better term) was the DJ. For the most part nothing he played made me feel like getting up and dancing.

None of the wedding/dance staples, not even the chicken dance! Ah well, the important thing was that the bride and groom had a good time, and considering they were smiles the whole time and danced none stop, I'd say they had a blast.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Went to my cousin's wedding yesterday. The wedding ceremony and reception hall looked great and completely fit her style and personality, and everyone has a good time, especially her and her husband. Only thing that sucked (for lack of a better term) was the DJ. For the most part nothing he played made me feel like getting up and dancing.

I don't think he knew any Etrian Odyessy songs.

• Upvote 1

Oh $#!& you, eal.

• Upvote 1

Bought dragon quest heroes and on the way out of the shopping centre, some guy asks what game I got, and of course, he had never heard of it when I told him.

Then I ended up having a good chat with him and bought one of the lottery tickets that he was selling. It's only $20 goes towards helping deaf people and I could win $500,000. F**k it I thought.

That's my good deed for the year.

When was the last time I posted? Been busy with stuff.

There is this girl in my English class who I think likes me. I don't know how I'll tell her that I'm not really available.

On that subject, my girlfriend who isn't my girlfriend has told me to do something to "claim" her. Not sure what she expects, but I have until she comes to town to figure something out.

My business 201 group sucks. I'll be lucky to pass the assignment. If only they would listen to my suggestions.

I also have no clue about anything really. My sleep pattern is so irregular now that I just kinda sleep when I feel the need. I don't even know the day sometimes. My alarm tells me that

• Upvote 1

my girlfriend who isn't my girlfriend

While we're on this subject, I'd like to point out that everybody seems to think I'm dating the neighbor girl - except the neighbor girl.  :????:  Hell, half the time I'm convinced we're dating, the way she acts around me and talks to me. But then she (half-jokingly) threatens to bite my arm off before I even have a chance to think about putting my arm around her at the theatre... I am verily confused. I'll just give her some more time before I try anything particularly... date-y? I feel like maybe she's finally starting to get over her break-up, and is considering "us", but still isn't ready to take the next step.

...Or I could be completely misreading her. It wouldn't be the first time I read more into what a girl says or does than it really meant. To my dismay, I can't be entirely sure right now whether she's interested in having that kind of relationship with me or not. But I'm fairly certain that she's at least flattered, and that even if this doesn't work out she won't think any less of me for it. I would be hurt, likely depressed for quite a while, but I wouldn't lose her as a friend. So in that case, I'm staying cautiously optimistic that I have a chance.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • Upvote 1

Bought dragon quest heroes and on the way out of the shopping centre, some guy asks what game I got, and of course, he had never heard of it when I told him.

Then I ended up having a good chat with him and bought one of the lottery tickets that he was selling. It's only $20 goes towards helping deaf people and I could win $500,000. F**k it I thought.

I've never been in sales or stood anywhere selling tickets or cookies, but damn, he got you good. Of course it's for charity, but what an opening line!

Demo & Erdrick, I hope you two take a second and can enjoy the (understandably really crappy) uncertainty that is your relationships right now. I mean look at all the great Will They/Won't They TV shows like Dawson's Creek. It was the will they/won't they that made the show. Once they got together and broke up, it was downhill for a few seasons.

Joking aside, hope it works our for you two! And Demo, a bird in the hand is worth more than one in another nest. If you have someone nice at college, it may be best to not spend time & effort on long distance. That's my senior year of college advice. Then again, I married and divorced that one in the other nest, so... grain of salt and all.

Thanks Platty. But I wouldn't describe my relationship as crappy. Uncertain? Very. I wish we could spend more time together, and I wish she'd allow our relationship to go further. But the time I do spend with her is something special, and gives me something to look forward to when I'm away. And we've got plenty of time for our relationship to grow, so if I practice patience, I'm less likely to ruin a good thing. Her busy schedule has clashed with my busy schedule lately, so we haven't had the time move forward as much as I'd like. I'll be home for two months starting at the end of this week, so we'll both still be working (hopefully, it looks like the job I've planned on working might no longer be available, in which case I'll be spending some time looking for work) and she'll be going to school, but I'll be in town and it'll be much easier to find time to spend together.

Sorry. I think I put the parentheses in the wrong spot. Didn't mean the relationship is crappy, just the uncertainty. Uncertainty often makes for great TV, but bad real life. Keep up the patience, pal, it's a virtue.

Goodluck erdrick. I've been there and done that. Keep doing what you're doing for a while, and if you know she's interested in/has feelings for you, ask her out somewhere. Worked for me. Only lasted about 6 months for a bunch of reasons though (both shy, neither of us had a jobs and still 100% dependent on parents etc).

I've never been in sales or stood anywhere selling tickets or cookies, but damn, he got you good. Of course it's for charity, but what an opening line!

That's exactly what I thought too. I was going to ignore him and walk off, but I didn't want to feel like a complete dick. Also, really wanted to know if he knew about DQ lol. Then we spoke a bit about games and uni, until finally it was too late to not buy something. I would feel like a complete jerk if I didn't. I think the term for this sort of thing is emotional engineering :| He got along with me really well so I pretty much couldn't say no.

Or maybe he was a genuinely cool guy. I will never know.

Demo & Erdrick, I hope you two take a second and can enjoy the (understandably really crappy) uncertainty that is your relationships right now. I mean look at all the great Will They/Won't They TV shows like Dawson's Creek. It was the will they/won't they that made the show. Once they got together and broke up, it was downhill for a few seasons.

Joking aside, hope it works our for you two! And Demo, a bird in the hand is worth more than one in another nest. If you have someone nice at college, it may be best to not spend time & effort on long distance. That's my senior year of college advice. Then again, I married and divorced that one in the other nest, so... grain of salt and all.

I've already devoted almost a year to her. I mean, it isn't official yet, but I've put in too much effort and time to toss her away. Plus, I feel different about her than I do about the new girl.

• Upvote 1

my girlfriend who isn't my girlfriend

While we're on this subject, I'd like to point out that everybody seems to think I'm dating the neighbor girl - except the neighbor girl. :????: Hell, half the time I'm convinced we're dating, the way she acts around me and talks to me.

Oh I've been there before. God that was infuriating.

She will start to miss you if you withdraw your affection.

Sent from my MotoPod

Cool, found a Sheik amiibo. First time I've seen her in stores, and with her I now have all the Zelda amiibers, I tell ya hwhat.

I'm also now on my fall break until next Monday, so thats pretty nice. Time to watch the Back to the Future trilogy again to celebrate the 2nd movie's 30th anniversary!

• Upvote 1

I saw one for awhile and was like "Nahhhh." Little did I know what was to come. Same with Sonic. I was like, "I'll get him later." There was no later. That's why I had to jump on Mega Man when I could. Yet for some reason stores are up the butt with Pac-Man.

Why is it you always show up right after I post about amiibos? It's getting scurry, brah!

I picked up Sonic last week in my Toys R Us haul. Plenty of Pacs on the shelf, but no Mega Man. Surprised they haven't done better about the 3rd parties, but I guess since Namco had a big hand in Smash 4 it makes sense why Pac is easy to find. Which was good for me since I love me some Pac-Man.

The store where I found Sheik had a ton of Yarn Yoshi amiibos too, as well as Chibi-Robo amiibo packs. It's good to know finding the game + amiibo pack won't be too hard (at least for now). Perhaps I'll ask for that for Christmas.

I somehow ended up following this topic without my knowledge so now my phone buzzes whenever there's a response on this topic. Even now, I immediately responded because my phone was buzzing.

Sure eal, that's what happened...

Buzzzzz goes the phone.

Also, I heard Chibi-Robo's new game is ass. I've been told it's only worth it for the Amiibo. And I really, really, really want to get a Yarn Yoshi.

Edited by eal

I've heard mixed things. I'm a Chibi Robo fan since the GameCube days, and I'm happy to support the game. The amiibo is a selling point, but it's Chibi-Robo man. Even photo finder (or whatever it was called), despite not being the best game was still fun to play.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?