• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

What's up with the textbox in that second screenshot? Did you so it or something?

I've got to admire the sheer amount of work that went into translating the PlayStation version of Dragon Quest VII. The script is huge. A few typos and grammar errors are excusable, and though there are enough to stand out, it's not like the English script is garbage. Also, looking at the Japanese script (for the 3DS version, but close enough) shows that the translation was very accurate to the original Japanese script.

Yeah, I merged the textbox together so it wouldn't have be three different screenshots glued together. That game wasn't very economical in how much text it would fit into the text box.

"Oh, we can hold three lines of text? Better just put asterisks on the second and third lines!"

Well, today was my last day of summer before school starts up tomorrow, and I have to say it was pretty great break, though it went by way to fast!

It was more a kick back and relax type of summer since I didn't travel anywhere too far, but I found some great new records to listen to and enjoy, namely Styx's Paradise Theater and managed to cross a lot of games off my list of games I needed to go back and finish.

I managed to complete:

Mario Kart 8 (3 starred all cups, collected 10,000 coins, and unlocked all the stamps)

The Wonderful 101

Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Zelda: Skyward Sword

Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Kirby's Return to Dreamland (100% both modes)

Final Fantasy IX

And I replayed Banjo Kazooie and Kid Icarus Uprising. I did pretty good I thought, and I had fun going back to some of these games and playing them, especially FFIX.

I'd call this summer a success and fun. Shame it's coming to an end, but that's the way it goes (the way that it goes!).

• Upvote 1

I rode the bus today, got my school bus pass, and did some research on laptop prices. I think I may have found one that I can use and is affordable.

Well, today was my last day of summer before school starts up tomorrow, and I have to say it was pretty great break, though it went by way to fast!

It was more a kick back and relax type of summer since I didn't travel anywhere too far, but I found some great new records to listen to and enjoy, namely Styx's Paradise Theater and managed to cross a lot of games off my list of games I needed to go back and finish.

I managed to complete:

Mario Kart 8 (3 starred all cups, collected 10,000 coins, and unlocked all the stamps)

The Wonderful 101

Final Fantasy IX

And I replayed Banjo Kazooie and Kid Icarus Uprising. I did pretty good I thought, and I had fun going back to some of these games and playing them, especially FFIX.

I'd call this summer a success and fun. Shame it's coming to an end, but that's the way it goes (the way that it goes!).

I WISHED I could finish A game this year, Yangus. I've started a few this summer, Fatal Frame III just yesterday actually, but I can't get around to finding time to finish any.

I managed to complete:

The Wonderful 101

Final Fantasy IX

I could never complete Spirit Tracks. That game was all kinds of horrible and I tried to stick out to the end, but only made it about 3/4ths of the way.

I still need to play Skyward Sword. I can't believe I still haven't.

Hey, a thread I can get behind.

The Rising event started in FFXIV: ARR today for the 2 year anniversary, the last one tugged at my feels and with the Answers playing in the background in that slow, haunting theme got me a little verklempt.

After work I'll be doing that, then probably play some more DQIII Mobile.

Going to redo my team and give them desired personalities as I was too tired when I started (aside from the Hero who I'll just give a personality book too as I'm not restarting)

Hero, the caster who will be Priest/Mage/Sage, then "damage dealer" Warrior/Martial Artist and the support Merchant/Thief/Gadabout.

Currently became King for a day and got the Dreamstone from the cave near the Faerie Village.

Edited by Tiael

I love how everyone shits on the DS Zelda games. It's so amusing.

Eh, I liked both PH and ST.

ST moreso, but they aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

Issues, sure, like the Temple of the Ocean King and having to redo floors in PH (at least ST let you bypass previously completed areas with the Tower of Spirits) and the Spirit Flute not working all that well in ST.

I also felt the touch screen controls were well done and fairly intuitive.

Edited by Tiael

I'm not shitting on the game just to be an $#!&$#!. I just believe in being fair to a game and recognizing its flaws and merits.

Issues, sure, like the Temple of the Ocean King and having to redo floors in PH (at least ST let you bypass previously completed areas with the Tower of Spirits) and the Spirit Flute not working all that well in ST.

Well, firstly, the controls in both of those games were just utterly abysmal. I realize it was relatively early in the DS' life and they were trying to innovate with controls, but the controls are just broken because you have to use the stylus for everything, including walking. In my opinion, A Link Between Worlds found the best roles for the stylus and directional buttons.

That said, I don't have very many problems with Phantom Hourglass. It was fun enough, had a good story, and the dungeon design was decent enough to keep me playing. If the controls hadn't been borked then it would have been a good game.

Spirit Tracks, however, suffered from a premise that I couldn't buy. I'm not opposed to seeing technology or modern themes in a Zelda game, but the whole thing about there being an entire race of people called the "Locomo" that somehow developed naturally and had such a great affinity for trains, as if they were some kind of natural being just turned me off. I could never maintain any sort of suspension of disbelief while playing that game, which is usually a dealbreaker with me, for any game. Adding that to the poor mechanics just made it difficult for me to play. I tried to stick with it, just to say that I'd beaten it, but it wasn't compelling enough to keep me around and eventually I became distracted with something else. It was probably the most disappointing Zelda game I've ever personally played.

So the actor who plays Jessie's son, Sam, on The Walking Dead (The one Carol terrorized) lives here in town and is a regular of my comic shop. He was in the artist alley with me last weekend. I told his mom, "Y'know, the next time you see Alexandra Breckenridge. If she's single...and likes artists...and wants to move to Texas... I'm here."

"She's getting married in three weeks."

"That's OK. There's still time."

• Upvote 1

Work.

I'm not shitting on the game just to be an $#!&$#!. I just believe in being fair to a game and recognizing its flaws and merits.

Well, firstly, the controls in both of those games were just utterly abysmal. I realize it was relatively early in the DS' life and they were trying to innovate with controls, but the controls are just broken because you have to use the stylus for everything, including walking. In my opinion, A Link Between Worlds found the best roles for the stylus and directional buttons.

That said, I don't have very many problems with Phantom Hourglass. It was fun enough, had a good story, and the dungeon design was decent enough to keep me playing. If the controls hadn't been borked then it would have been a good game.

Spirit Tracks, however, suffered from a premise that I couldn't buy. I'm not opposed to seeing technology or modern themes in a Zelda game, but the whole thing about there being an entire race of people called the "Locomo" that somehow developed naturally and had such a great affinity for trains, as if they were some kind of natural being just turned me off. I could never maintain any sort of suspension of disbelief while playing that game, which is usually a dealbreaker with me, for any game. Adding that to the poor mechanics just made it difficult for me to play. I tried to stick with it, just to say that I'd beaten it, but it wasn't compelling enough to keep me around and eventually I became distracted with something else. It was probably the most disappointing Zelda game I've ever personally played.

To each their own. I just don't agree.

I liked using the stylus for everything, and felt it was done well.

Nintendo isn't afraid to take risks, some may find it didn't work out and others may find it did. I think it did.

Not saying I would want that in every Zelda game, as ALBW is also fantastic and a top 5 Zelda game, but I appreciated what they did and the control scheme they used.

I also loved Skyward Sword and being all motion control with WM+.

Edited by Tiael

And here I thought I was the only one who enjoyed those games and their different controls.

I don't think anyone here is complaining about SS.

And here I thought I was the only one who enjoyed those games and their different controls.

I don't think anyone here is complaining about SS.

Certainly not here, but elsewhere, definitely. Just felt it was worth a mention since I rarely see it given praise.

It's about time for my yearly Zelda marathon, my second favorite series after DQ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess because I was told the PS3 wasn't backwards compatible, I assumed that meant PS1 games as well. When I was told that that wasn't necessarily true, I picked up Spider-Man. I haven't been able to have a save game for this game in literally more than a decade because we got rid of our PS1 and the memory cards when we gave it to my brother, who btw, lost it. He also lost the GameBoy Color I gave him and I'm beginning to assume he lost the PS2 since we can't seem to find it in my parent's house and he can't find it in his apartment. I'm waiting until I find out he lost the Wii I gave him too.

On that note, I looked up a compatibility list to see if Dragon Warrior VII was on it and, surprise, it's not. So even on a system I should be able to play it on, it's out of reach. Can anyone confirm it? I might get it on eBay.

I've played Dragon Warrior VII on the PS3, but I never played all the way through on the system. I can guarantee it at least starts though.

Worst case scenario, if you have a PSP you can use it to copy and convert the saves to a .mcr file and pass whatever glitchy parts you run into on ePSXe or PCSX-R. Then convert your saves back to PSP format and copy back to the PS3. (I had to do that process when playing on the PSP, minus the copying to/from PS3.)

No problems here either.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?