I beat NSMBU last night. Now to go back and unlock all the secrets and collect whatever coins I missed. I also beat Gemon in Cragravation on my DQMJ2-Japanese last night. Macbeth came in like a wrecking ball.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

I had a bit of a crazy start to my week but yesterday my wife and I were able to find out the gender of our baby. It's a girl! We had a party with my family and you can be damn sure my she-slime plush

Posted Images

Had a very busy day. I went to check on my apartment since I've been home for the summer, and it's a good thing I did because my lease was due by today. Had a bit of a scare when I saw that, as these type of things worry me (though that could be due to my personality) but I was able to take care of it thanks to the management of my apartment complex.

After spending the morning taking care of that, I returned home and decided to watch Treasure Planet (a Disney film from 2002 or 2003). I hadn't seen the movie in years, but got the hankering to see it after watching Doug Walker's Disneycember video over the movie. I remember loving the movie when I was younger, and after watching it today I still love the movie, though I appreciate different aspects of the film as an adult now.

After that, I went for a 1 1/2 to 2 mile walk, then mowed the lawn around 5:30. With a push mower and a decent sized lawn, I got a lot of walking in today, which is fine in my book. I've been trying to improve myself and lose some weight this summer.

Long story short, I got a lot done today.

• Upvote 1

Been playing Settlers of Catan each night up here in Boston with my wife & brothers in law. I keep winning. They keep getting annoyed. Seeing as its the first time I've ever played, I've just been applying mathematical probability to the game, and with some extremely lucky rolls, I've won each time.

Tried playing Settlers of Catan once at a bachaelor party last year. (Yes, I know.) That takes a whooole lotta time. Couple friends of mine have a weekend every summer where they play games for 2-3 days straight. I'm not one for the pen and paper, but we played Ultimate Warewolf, which was a whole lotta fun. Talisman is fun too, but if you play it with more than four people (10 this time) it can keep going for days.

And if you've never played Cards Against Humanity...you need to.

Tried playing Settlers of Catan once at a bachaelor party last year. (Yes, I know.) That takes a whooole lotta time. Couple friends of mine have a weekend every summer where they play games for 2-3 days straight. I'm not one for the pen and paper, but we played Ultimate Warewolf, which was a whole lotta fun. Talisman is fun too, but if you play it with more than four people (10 this time) it can keep going for days.

Ahaha. That sounds like a pretty alright time.

I never got the impression Ultimate Werewolf was any fun watching The Game Grumps play it on Table Flip.

And Cards Against Humanity is fun and all but.... I'm getting a little tired of hearing people talk about it all the time. That's just me though. There are other fun games to play with each other. Hey, speaking of which, I'm not one to give any of the Gawker sites my attention but apparently Jezebel and Kotaku say the creator has been accused of sexual assault. Very uplifting stuff.

That was the discussion as we were leaving downtown Boston yesterday and headed back to the house we were renting. My job was to pick up food and make chili. The other car was supposed to make a Target run for Cards Against Humanity. I made a good chili and went to bed when at 10pm everyone downstairs was just sitting on their phone. We'll see if we get back to our gaming ways tonight.

I never got the impression Ultimate Werewolf was any fun watching The Game Grumps play it on Table Flip.

And Cards Against Humanity is fun and all but.... I'm getting a little tired of hearing people talk about it all the time. That's just me though. There are other fun games to play with each other. Hey, speaking of which, I'm not one to give any of the Gawker sites my attention but apparently Jezebel and Kotaku say the creator has been accused of sexual assault. Very uplifting stuff.

Well, it's called The Game Grumps. They don't seem like the happiest people.

One of my friend's daughter is a vet tech and when we were figuring out which villager to lynch I said, "I think it's Anna."

"What?!"

"I've seen her hangin' around a whooole buncha dogs!"

"No!"

"And she got bit the other day, too?"

"A-up, see, that's not helping your chase here."

The reason why you keeping hearing about Cards Against Humanity is because it's so fun...and wrong. Playing Apples to Apples with the right people turns it into Cards Against Humanity anyway. Since I have NoScript, Gawker media and its hard hitting reporting doesn't get a dime from me. It's your typical Gawker/Jezebel article - reporting on the latest Tumblr and Twitter outrage.

I decided to start up Final Fantasy V after being on my mind for a while. I needed a break from the DQ style of RPG, so progress on the DQ7 remake has slowed down (though it hasn't really gone anywhere in the past two weeks anyway excluding Dharma). Truth be told, I've sort of lost my interest in gaming for the moment.  This always happens when I have free time. I'm thinking of forcing myself to finish Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne and Soul Hackers since I'm so close to the ending for both games. I might as well since I don't feel like Dragon Questing much at the moment.

Also, after eal so kindly pointed this out, I went out and bought an iTunes card and downloaded the soundtracks to Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro. Next up will be Castle in the Sky and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

So my wife turned against me tonight at Settlers of Catan. Basically it was 3 on 1 and only one of my brothers-in-law would trade with me. Doesn't matter, they still couldn't count freaking spaces and I won while they were all happily thinking that they had the game in hand. Totally see the different ways to win now and how to fool players into a sense of security.

Still no cards against humanity. No one wants to go to the store.

I'm celebrating my birthday on Saturday at the park. Except it's scheduled to rain that day. Man this is not my summer.

I finally put the finishing touches to my 3 course meal tonight for next weekend. Really looking forward to it!

Went back to the gym for the first time in a while and destroyed my arms, not looking forward to tomorrow...

Also started playing Etrian Odyssey 4 tonight...but I should be playing other games. I have the worst gamer ADD I swear :P I'll probably stop playing EO once Terry's Wonderland arrives.

Get Cards Against Humanity! It will be worth the trip to the shop Platty!

I've never played cards against humanity. I almost did with a couple cute girls at the senior/graduation all night party - but then some other girl showed up and started some drama and the girls that had invited me to play left with her.

Oh well, they all had boyfriends anyway.

Y'know, you can enjoy the company of the opposite sex without copulation.

When dudes say that guys can't be friends with women "'cause sex" I always think, "What an empty life you must lead..."

Although, what kind of drama was it? Those types of girls are ever so much fun to troll.

Who said anything about sex?

I've got tons of female friends. I have been looking for something more serious than that though. Not a sexual relationship (well, not at first - call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting for marriage) but I'm looking for a girlfriend.

Store. All you need is a printer, paper and scissors and you can play CAH, the base game is a free download PDF on their website. I have the PDF if you want it. :)

Yesterday I watched the 2009 Star Trek movie for the first time (I'm really behind on my Star Trek). I also made this:

10401425_10201216055283048_8739087136814

Yes, that is a smoothie in a teapot. We didn't have any glasses or cups large enough for all of it.

I've never played cards against humanity. I almost did with a couple cute girls at the senior/graduation all night party - but then some other girl showed up and started some drama and the girls that had invited me to play left with her.

HAD. the key word is "had".

Store. All you need is a printer, paper and scissors and you can play CAH, the base game is a free download PDF on their website. I have the PDF if you want it. :)

No printer in the vacation home.

Well bummer

HAD. the key word is "had".

No printer in the vacation home.

At the time it was "have".

I don't know what it is now.

Needed some humour, so catching up on some funny youtube videos, most notably the Dorkly side of Youtube!

What version is that? I believe in the NES version it was impossible to get a critical hit against the Dragonlord.  Did that change in the remakes?

What version is that? I believe in the NES version it was impossible to get a critical hit against the Dragonlord.  Did that change in the remakes?

I played the remake. I think the snes version is better (My first version)

My uncle Gordon died. I'm not sure if I should feel sad since he died or happy since he died (I didn't like the man at all).

EDIT: I have the new contest up.

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30075

I also have the results for Contest 108 up as well.

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30074

Edited by Democrobot
  • Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?