Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

JAZZ! WITH THE HIPPIN' AND THE HOPPIN' AND THE, OH YOU KNOW WHAT I'MA TALKIN' ABOUT!

IT'S LIKE THE NEW COKE - NO! IT'S LIKE KODAK FILM!
IT'LL BE AROUND FOREVER! HEH HEH HEH!

Why do all black kids in early 90s cartoons have the same haircut?

Because lack of imagination.

Also, each of the characters in that trailer are obviously created under the "we need this and that token person" rule.

I vote for whomever person #3 on the ballot is unless I know the person is like 90% in favor of new, radical ideas. If we keep believing and letting people believe there are only 2 possible options in life (Republican or Democrat), it's gonna keep sucking.

My first vote was for H. Ross Perot in 1992. More often than not I vote Libertarian. My wife almost always votes straight Republican, although that changed with the last governor's race where she finally joined me in voting for a 3rd party candidate. Snyder is terrible.

Someone gave me a heads up today that a place I was interviewing at today might have been sales. Anyone who's done job hunting knows that sales jobs are everywhere hiding themselves to get people in. So I called and checked. They said no... so I hope I didn't blow it by asking them. But honestly I had to because I've been tricked twice by this last week.

This can be soul-crushing sometimes :( It's like, you have to carefully observe everything you do. It feels like even twitching your mouth wrong can break an opportunity.

Sorry for the double-post but... yep, it was a bait and switch. They said the actual job I applied for was last week and they wanted me to do a marketing thing instead. Ugh. These kind of things should be illegal.

Spent all day fretting about an online order. I accidently put in the wrong payment info and it somehow went through, I got a confirmation email and everything. I placed another, smaller order with the right info to see if it would affect my account and apparently they don't actually take anything out for payment until after it's shipped, which could be a few days. I talked with someone online to get it cancelled and they tell me they did it, but until I get an email saying the smaller order was shipped without another email accompanying it telling me the original order shipped my obsessive mind is not gonna be at ease.

I'm moving on Wednesday!

• Upvote 1

Geez, I wish it was spring break already (it's not until next week for my college). All the reading and papers I've had to do this semester alone have taken their toll, & I could really use a little R&R.

I'm moving on Wednesday!

Where to? What good thing happened?

I'm moving on Wednesday!

Where to? What good thing happened?

A few blocks away from where I am now. Struck a deal with the Trekkie.

Interesting, you also a trekkie?

Usually nothing interesting in my life, school, part-time job, go to exercize, relax in evening.

I am sort of a Trekkie. More like a junior Trekkie.

Sounds like my life. I wake up in the morning, get ready for work, sometimes I eat breakfast, then I go to school, drams stuff, relax in the evening if things aren't too hectic.

Simultaneously, while I worry about a package from one company, I get an email from Nintendo telling me my package has shipped. I assume they mean my Club Nintendo CD.

Got Dragon Quest VI SFC in today. I thought it was supposed to come with a map, but it did not, so I asked the seller. It's otherwise complete - game, box, manual, little plastic tray. The game cart was wrapped up in y-folded plastic, didn't have that with DQV.

Gonna test it out bit later. So long as it works, I don't think I'll complain.

Just woke up from a nap. Almost 3 hours sleeping and I still didn't miss dinner. I guess I will get dinner tonight

Got Dragon Quest VI SFC in today. I thought it was supposed to come with a map, but it did not, so I asked the seller. It's otherwise complete - game, box, manual, little plastic tray. The game cart was wrapped up in y-folded plastic, didn't have that with DQV.

VI never came with a map. Just the game, manual, and that little precautions slip of paper. Loved how SFC games were packaged. I'm surprised Nintendo of America didn't do the same thing, 'cept horizontally. Simple, effective, and cheap.

VI never came with a map. Just the game, manual, and that little precautions slip of paper. Loved how SFC games were packaged. I'm surprised Nintendo of America didn't do the same thing, 'cept horizontally. Simple, effective, and cheap.

Guess I misread, thanks. In any case, I agree, they were very well packaged.

Three hour long interview today... draining!

I went to pick up my comic pulls this week. My local comic shop has been going downhill since the comic guy left and they started shifting more towards Magic: The Gathering and trading cards in general. Never did I realize how bad it was until I flipped through my stack and noticed that the first issue of Spider-Gwen was missing, despite having subscribed to it long before the book first came out. Now, Spider-Gwen is arguably the second biggest launch this year behind Star Wars, or at least the entire line of Star Wars comics, so naturally there aren't any more copies left. The guy assured me he would put their next shipment into my pile, but I don't want the second printing. I put it on my pull list so I could get the first print run. It's unfortunate but with their limited back issues shoved unorganized in the basement, their terrible handling of my pull list (this isn't the first time an issue was missing, this was just the most prominent), and the distance from the store when I'm moving in a few months, nothing's keeping me tethered here anymore, especially since there's a much bigger, well-stocked store with a knowledgeable staff close to the place I'm moving to. Sad, because this was the first comic book store I ever frequented.

On the plus side, a chain store that mostly specializes in CDs sells comics and they had a special variant for Spider-Gwen printed just for their shop, and it's easily one of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen. So in the end, I managed to get the first issue, even if I do like to have the original covers and not just variants.

I went to pick up my comic pulls this week. My local comic shop has been going downhill since the comic guy left and they started shifting more towards Magic: The Gathering and trading cards in general.

I know the feeling. There are two comic shops close to me. One opened in 07 and the other in 10. I'd shopped at the first for years, but its focus shifted more and more towards gaming. From a business perspective, that's fine. Warhammer brings in way more money than I do! They began ordering less comics so they wouldn't have so many on the rack and didn't want to stock back issues. It got to where I'd go when the store opened if I wanted to get anything and felt like a dick for getting what was sometimes the only issue. Pull issues and special orders had begun not showing up, so I'd go over to the other store to pick 'em up.

I spoke to the manager several times about stuff not coming in, but he said there was nothing he could do about it. In 12, I moved over to the other store after a dispute with a so-called favorite customer of the store. I felt bad, because the owner has always been nothing but friendly and gracious to me! Turns out the former manager had been pulling some shady stuff and the "favorite customer" turned out to be full of it. This manager nearly sunk the place, but the owner really turned it around.

It's focus is still more on gaming, though. Comics only improved marginally. Moving to the other store was the right decision, though. I gel with everyone there better and have met some truly wonderful people. I still keep some books at the old store and try to make it by once a week. If you've been going to your store for that long and they aren't even trying to keep you, don't feel too bad about moving!

The most ominous moment came right before the comics guy left the place. It was actually the last time I talked with him. The owner came in and I had a discussion with him. He talked a bit about how Magic was becoming big for the store and he's had a bunch of new customers since they started focusing on Magic. I think it's the place to go to in my area for it, because that's were all my Magic-loving acquaintances go and they had a lot of customers from the Magic club in my former high school. When I went there today, there was a gigantic board for some tabletop game resting in the middle of the store, I'm assuming that's Warhammer?

It seems like the only person fighting to keep comics in the store was the comics guy, as real estate for comics has been steadily disappearing. Along with that tabletop board, one of the shelves that previously held comics now holds small collectables and Attack On Titan Manga, which other than Nisekoi, is like the only manga they stock.

But I agree, they're a business and comics isn't giving them as much business anymore. But they also have staff that doesn't seem capable of handling my pretty small pull list (just Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Gwen, Amazing Spider-Man, Walking Dead, Army of Darkness, Daredevil, and Wytches right now. And Spider-Man 2099 and Daredevil are ending in a few months). When the manager was in charge for a week once I had an entire weeks worth of comics missing.

The place I'm probably gonna switch to specializes in everything. It deals in Magic cards, sports cards, tabletop board games, vintage music, used and retro games, manga, anime, some collectables, and predominantly comic books. Their racks are stocked full with multiple copies of new comics and they have over 500 boxes of back issues. I only ever used to go on occasion because it was too far away for anything but a special visit but since I'm going to be moving within 15 minutes of the store, it's most likely gonna become my new local comic shop.

Speaking of comics and magna...

So I love the Odd Thomas series of books by Dean Koontz. And the reader who does the audio versions is amazing. So, I'm listening to the final book this week and I realize I might have missed the penultimate one (or don't recall it well). I go online and see he's got some graphic novels out about Odd Thomas as well as the regular novels. I click on the Amazon link and the first review is a 1-star that goes like this:

" I bought this "graphic" novel because obviously it's by Koontz and should be a bit gorey and gruesome and the "graphic" part made me think it'd have a lot of blood and guts. It's a $#!&ing comic book and nothing gross in it. I'm so pissed. What $#!&ing false advertising. "

I of course had to respond about what a damn idiot that person was and how could they even be qualified to write a review when they obviously don't know a damn literary term.

Bought two used PS4 games and preordered a game as well. Picked up Destiny for half the new price and grand theft auto v for 3/4 new.

The pre-order? Dragon Quest Heroes. :D

But I agree, they're a business and comics isn't giving them as much business anymore. But they also have staff that doesn't seem capable of handling my pretty small pull list (just Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Gwen, Amazing Spider-Man, Walking Dead, Army of Darkness, Daredevil, and Wytches right now. And Spider-Man 2099 and Daredevil are ending in a few months). When the manager was in charge for a week once I had an entire weeks worth of comics missing.

All of your books are common, easy orders! That manager's outright not doing their job. There's no reason why they can't get them in unless they've pissed off Diamond in some way.

I remember when Magic was new. It died down, went away for a while, and popped back up. As all games do, really. It's just bad business to turn your store into an all Magic store. Not only is it driving away their other customers, they're really going to be hurting when it starts to slide back down.

This other shop sounds great. What's it called?

That's Entertainment. It's actually considered the biggest store in New England. Their commercial says its about 10,000 square feet. It's usually very jumping in there and the customers are very diverse, young kids with their parents, college-age students, adult men and women. Basically the exact opposite of the Big Bang Theory stereotype of comic book stores.

And yeah, other then Army of Darkness, they're all pretty common. My list used to be more diverse but I dislike DC for the most part and Marvel keeps cancelling everything. It's mostly just old faithfulls that I have left.

And I think it's just a matter of sorting them incorrectly. Last time I went, there was someone else's comic in with my own. I imagine that's what happened with Spider-Gwen. They've also had a habit of including more comics then they should and sometimes not. Like, the reason Spider-Man 2099 is on my pull in the first place is because Amazing Spider-Man was on it. I stuck with it because I actually like it, but still. Same goes for Superior Foes of Spider-Man and Superior Carnage, both of which were put on there because I read Superior Spider-Man. Foes actually was really good thankfully and I like Carnage so I was able to overlook it. At least they asked if I wanted to get New Warriors after Scarlet Spider ended (I did, and it sucked).

Batman is the only thing I purchase from DC. DC and Boom seem to employ too many awful people who spend all day raging on Twitter. Thank God for that Twitter, though. It saves me so much money!

The occasional slip-up is fine, but it's really not that hard to sort someone's pull list. Do they have no inventory system at all? Or a bad one if they do? One of the "issues" I had at the first store was them not getting the last issue in a limited series or random issue of a side series in my pull. (Deadpool being a good example.) Scott Pilgrim was on my list and it never got ordered. I could be wrong, but they seemed to rely on their system for ordering, but the old fashioned way works the best.

New Warriors had Nick Roche art, so... there's that goin' for it!