Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Rumour: More Dragon Quest titles could be ported to the Nintendo Switch this year

Recommended Posts

https://nintendosoup.com/rumor-more-dragon-quest-titles-could-be-ported-to-nintendo-switch-this-year/

Quote

Today we have a very interesting rumor to share with those of you who are fans of Dragon Quest.

In January 2019, NintendoSoup reported that Dragon Quest XI S was going to receive a worldwide release in 2019. This was officially confirmed in the February 13 Nintendo Direct. DasVergeben, a leaker who has got some things right and some things wrong in the past, backed our report two days after it was released.

Besides backing our report, DasVergeben revealed two different sources have told him Square Enix is planning to announce ports of previous Dragon Quest titles and he is expecting them to come in 2019. No platforms were named, but given that he was talking about Dragon Quest XI S, the possibility of the ports coming to Switch are high.

We also have to keep in mind Square Enix announced dozens of Final Fantasy ports for Nintendo Switch and other platforms in 2018, so we could see a repeat of this in the form of Dragon Quest this year.

Unfortunately we have not heard anything about the Dragon Quest ports at this time, so we couldn't back DasVergeben's claims.

What do you think? Let us know in the comments.

Source: Link, Via

I'm guessing that the Dragon Quest games in question is the ports of Dragon Quest I, Dragon Quest II, and Dragon Quest III that was released in Japan on the PlayStation 4 and the Nintendo 3DS. But who knows what might be ported over?

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it’s not just copy pasted mobile ports, especially in 3’s case. While it’s nice to have it on my phone, the lack of certain features from the other versions is disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ready for real remakes of the Erdrick trilogy instead of minor graphical updates. Give us DQ1 with the 11 engine

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is mobile. It'll be whatever is already translated and ready to go.

Just for some extra luck...a9669e62ff3179fd63fe483953a3c564.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is true, then I'm willing to bet it's going to be the original three Erdrick games that are currently on PS4. This makes even more sense when you factor in the rumor that Erdrick is going to be a playable character in SSBU.

Ideally, I'd love to see 4-8 on the Switch as well. 4-6 are less likely since there aren't any console ports of the game currently available that could be easily ported over, though I think it porting the DS/mobile versions could be a possibility. 7 is a toss-up I think because I don't know how hard porting over a 3DS game would be, but I think it could be done as well. 8 I think could also be done.

If it's true they are wanting them out this year, then 99% chance it's PS4 Erdrick games. The other games would require more time to port them over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I’n hoping we’ll see Dragon Quest VII with the symphonic suite intact from the Japan 3DS release. That would be awesome.

Maybe we’ll finally get DQ Heroes 1+2 now. I’m kind of surprised Square Enix hasn’t released that here already since they have the translations done excluding anything new added to the Switch version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’ll probs just end up looking like Pokémon Let’s Go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I hope it’s not just copy pasted mobile ports, especially in 3’s case. While it’s nice to have it on my phone, the lack of certain features from the other versions is disappointing.

Plus the enemy graphics for 3 3DS/PS4 are just awful, maybe if they looked like Toriyama's art style I could accept them, but only about half do.  I'd actually prefer the un-animated mobile ones, as they're at least copy-pasted from the SFC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we will get Dragon Quest Monster’s Terry’s Wonderland because it recently came out for mobile.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Personally I’n hoping we’ll see Dragon Quest VII with the symphonic suite intact from the Japan 3DS release. That would be awesome.

Maybe we’ll finally get DQ Heroes 1+2 now. I’m kind of surprised Square Enix hasn’t released that here already since they have the translations done excluding anything new added to the Switch version.

Just remember that the Symphonic Suite for DQ7 3DS is full of holes.  Every track has something cut from the end, so when it loops, it intentionally loops from an odd point, rather than the formal completion of the track.  Sugiyama's revenge!  That said, I'd still prefer that to the good quality, but less than PSX, 3DS midi remix.

DQH 1+2 is unlikely atm:

1) First game to use 32 GB carts, and so far only one of two games to use it.  Making it super expensive.  It's possible DQ11 S may also use that cart size (so far only SE has the balls to use those cartridge sizes and risk the hit in profit per sale, as FF12 ZA will use it, and for both Japan and the SEA region, both FF12 ZA and FF10 will use it, while the US/EU will see FF10 use the 16GB cart and a downloadable version of FF10-2).

2) DQH isn't exactly popular given the style is Mussou, and thus is risky without assurance of a Switch fanbase.  Which currently there is nothing in the West but Builders 1 and SE hasn't split the sales for Switch.  DQ11 S will be that testing ground.  This is especially significant given #1.  If the Switch version of 11S does well, I fully expect we'll see DQH1+2.

3) DQH2's Western numbers were never released, and the DQH1 numbers weren't exactly spectacular (not compared to Builders anyhow).  They seriously should have gone with a different format for Action-style RPG to draw in more crowds, but it's sad given it's a fairly competent game.

....

Switch per digital sales aren't as competent as PS4 given system space limitations.  It's not like anyone wants to own a micro SD per game release, or every 3~5 at max.  Though it is surprising that DQH 1+2 didn't just release here as a pure digital experience, if they're concerned with the Carts.

Just now, Slimeknight said:

Maybe we will get Dragon Quest Monster’s Terry’s Wonderland because it recently came out for mobile.  

I wouldn't count on it.

We still don't have DQ7 Mobile, and that I see as far more likely.

Maybe if we see a new official Monsters release outside Japan, and if the numbers do well so they feel confident, as the original Monsters does have a surprising amount of story text.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ignasia said:

Just remember that the Symphonic Suite for DQ7 3DS is full of holes.  Every track has something cut from the end, so when it loops, it intentionally loops from an odd point, rather than the formal completion of the track.  Sugiyama's revenge!  That said, I'd still prefer that to the good quality, but less than PSX, 3DS midi remix.

I’m aware of how it is in the Japanese release. However, the only track that was the worst offender (IMO) was the celebration song you hear during the Pilchard Festival, Emberdale festival, and so forth. That one was them just straight up being lazy and should have been the one song that needed a midi version. When playing the JP version and reaching parts where that song played I would mute my 3DS.

Otherwise I didn’t think it was so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m aware of how it is in the Japanese release. However, the only track that was the worst offender (IMO) was the celebration song you hear during the Pilchard Festival, Emberdale festival, and so forth. That one was them just straight up being lazy and should have been the one song that needed a midi version. When playing the JP version and reaching parts where that song played I would mute my 3DS.

Otherwise I didn’t think it was so bad.

No, it's not that noticeable unless you're looking for it for most tracks.  Some of them are a bit jarring though.  The boss battle themes aren't, but the main battle theme is.  Luckily most battles end long prior to the loop trigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...