Sign in to follow this  
Darknight97

Hey guys and girls, I am planning to start an LP for the dragon quest series, starting from dq 1, if you are interesred you could view it in my youtube channel

Welcome! Don't forget to make yourself an intro thread so we can all say Hi properly.

And hey, more DQ content! Always a good thing.

Some ideas: I think you would be well served by three things: fixing your recording and screen-size issues so we can see better, practicing public speaking and improvisation to boost your voice capacity and make the LP more engaging, and by cutting your recording sessions down to about ten or fifteen minutes so they're more easily digestible (so even if you have an hour or so's worth of gameplay, you can break it into smaller episodes to release more content over time).

I always try to encourage DQ content creators, but oh boy you have some work to do lol.  How did you mess it up so badly?  Fix the screen next episode and the quality will be MUCH better.  Other than that, you want to cut out extra fluff like grinding and stuff.  I have my own DQ1 LP series and there's a lot of grinding in this game.  Also maybe try 20 minute episodes.

Yeah it was my first time using obs and doing some commentary. I'm sure both will improve over time tbh.

But yeah I will keep your advic ein mind.

https://youtu.be/L5ya1yGp8xA

Here's part two of the lp. While I'd like a bigger screen obs doesn't let me do bigger screens than this one. without excluding some part of it.

If you have any tips abt it. plz let me know.

Edited by Darknight97
  • Like 1

That can’t be right. OBS should be able to render it properly. Your vid looks like it’s vertical. You need to make it horizontal.

12 minutes ago, Sackchief said:

That can’t be right. OBS should be able to render it properly. Your vid looks like it’s vertical. You need to make it horizontal.

how do I make it look horizontal?

I'd like to cut down the recording time but since there are around nine games (I have nine games).I still think around 30 minutes is a good time since there is a lot of content to be made.

Tho I will definetly cut down the grinding as much as possible.

• Like 1

In OBS, make sure the game screen fills up the entire window while recording.  You can drag the window around and adjust it to your liking.  You should use the "Game Capture" window to select the application you're using.

I'm using an emulator which might no go literally fullscreen. I can test this out today well if it works that's good.

I can try making the game cover the fullscreen by modding the canvas size I guess. It needs some testing which I have been doing yesterday.

Edited by Darknight97