Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Dragon Quest information during Nintendo Direct on 13 February 2019?

Do you think we'll hear Dragon Quest information during Nintendo Direct on 13 February 2019?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1095321632456040448

Quote

Tune in 2/13 at 2pm PT for a Nintendo Direct featuring around 35 minutes of information on upcoming

#NintendoSwitch titles, including new details on #FireEmblem Three Houses!

nintendo.com/nintendo-direc…

DzKsR-RV4AEtdkr.jpg

I hope we'll get some Dragon Quest information during Nintendo Direct in regards to Dragon Quest XI S, Dragon Quest Builders 2, and maybe see if the rumour of Erdrick being the second Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC character is true or false. But then again, it might not happen.

Edited by Dakhil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The golden rule of Nintendo Directs: don’t get your hopes up and expect nothing. That way when something you like DOES show up, it’s a nice surprise and makes the Direct worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Dragon Quest information? 12b369096cb862df6981da1ae9c20046.jpg

You know what would be fun to see is a gif of Kalderasha saying something like "What... It's not Coming!".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well apparently this happened, so I don't know what to expect for Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

229acb08e8ff7ed1981a2fdfff4d5786.jpg

Edited by Dakhil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

Well apparently this happened, so I don't know what to expect for Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

229acb08e8ff7ed1981a2fdfff4d5786.jpg

It’s like I said before: expect NOTHING. That link of yours could mean absolutely nothing. Don’t read into things and suddenly set your expectations to good or bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Dropping 258/2 Distance confirmed for Switch!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot keep the stream going, keeps dropping out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to laugh at the battle royale Tetris game, but honestly it’s a good idea so big ups for that I guess.

Hey, that’s cool, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice for Switch. Though this is one of those rare ports where a Switch port doesn’t really improve, and honestly, might actually hinder, the experience.

Astral Chain, a Platinum game with Masakazu Katsura designs. I’ll always be down for that pairing.

Edited by eal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very happy with today's Nintendo Direct. Not only did we get information on Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Dragon Quest XI S, but we also got information on Super Mario Maker 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake. 2019 is a great year for Nintendo Switch owners and Dragon Quest fans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Link’s Awakening remake doesn’t look very good visually. It looks...weird. I can’t put my finger on it, but it’s visual style isn’t clicking with me right now.

I’m excited about the Dragon Quest news though. I also loved the line “There are RPGs, and then there’s Dragon Quest.” Dragon Quest top tier confirmed, plz don’t nerf.

Also I’m looking forward to Fire Emblem Three Houses. I wish the character art had the Fire Emblem Echoes character art style since it was very good, but still, game looks fun.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The Link’s Awakening remake doesn’t look very good visually. It looks...weird. I can’t put my finger on it, but it’s visual style isn’t clicking with me right now.

I’m excited about the Dragon Quest news though. I also loved the line “There are RPGs, and then there’s Dragon Quest.” Dragon Quest top tier confirmed, plz don’t nerf.

I don't blame you. I'm not used to the artstyle used in the Link's Awakening remake. But of course, the art style may change down the road.

EDIT: Platinum Games is not handling the Link's Awakening remake. My bad.

Edited by Dakhil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

I don't blame you. I'm not used to the artstyle used in the Link's Awakening remake. But I'm glad to see Nintendo's letting Platinum Games work on The Legend of Zelda series, even if it's just a remake.

What are you talking about? They didn’t say Platinum Games was working on the remake. They showed Paltinum Games has a new game on the way called Astral Chain.

 

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

What are you talking about? They didn’t say Platinum Games was working on the remake. They showed Paltinum Games has a new game on the way called Astral Chain.

 

Woops. I probably got confused. My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how we're so used to DQ never showing up to these things that we didn't expect it and they just dropped a megaton and completely surprised us this time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orchestra music for XI is a nice surprise (though Nintendo is specifying it's just field and battle music? Pretty lame if it's just a small handful of tracks :/ Included 2D mode is the big megaton here.

 

Also excited for Builders 2!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, @Plattym3, I just noticed. Rune Factory 5 was announced for Switch. Maybe it’s time to...make the Switch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey, [mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention], I just noticed. Rune Factory 5 was announced for Switch. Maybe it’s time to...make the Switch?
Yeah. 2020. In Japan.

I've got time!

So, interesting note about this. In the RPGamer chat, a lot of the older staff that have been to TGS and been out to visit studios in California to interview and such are quite worried about RF5. They have no idea who's making it, from a personnel standpoint as the staff that make the past few are all long gone on to other companies and split up. I kept posting happy thoughts and kept getting told to pump the brakes. Haha, I guess we'll see, in 2 more years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

So, interesting note about this. In the RPGamer chat, a lot of the older staff that have been to TGS and been out to visit studios in California to interview and such are quite worried about RF5. They have no idea who's making it, from a personnel standpoint as the staff that make the past few are all long gone on to other companies and split up. I kept posting happy thoughts and kept getting told to pump the brakes. Haha, I guess we'll see, in 2 more years.

No being hyped allowed I guess. Next thing they’ll do is ask how much you’re getting paid to promote the game just because you’re excited for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No being hyped allowed I guess. Next thing they’ll do is ask how much you’re getting paid to promote the game just because you’re excited for it.
It's a difference I don't mind. I'm looking at it from a fan's standpoint. I want it. I love it.

They're actually in the industry and look at it from a critical standpoint (I still have a hard time thinking that way).

Eh, I don't care in the least, that kind of stuff doesn't bug me. It's not crappy yet. I mean, they didn't name it Final Fantasy Factory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

It's a difference I don't mind. I'm looking at it from a fan's standpoint. I want it. I love it.

They're actually in the industry and look at it from a critical standpoint (I still have a hard time thinking that way).

Eh, I don't care in the least, that kind of stuff doesn't bug me. It's not crappy yet. I mean, they didn't name it Final Fantasy Factory.

It should only ever be a problem if you tell people to buy something because you’re a fan of a series. Like, if you reviewed DQ XI for them and said, “I love Dragon Quest so buy this game to support more,” that would be a problem. You appear on podcasts with them right? Surely it’s okay to get hyped about stuff, that’s the point of a gaming podcast; to talk about games you care about.

Edited by eal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should only ever be a problem if you tell people to buy something because you’re a fan of a series. Like, if you reviewed DQ XI for them and said, “I love Dragon Quest so buy this game to support more,” that would be a problem. You appear on podcasts with them right? Surely it’s okay to get hyped about stuff, that’s the point of a gaming podcast; to talk about games you care about.
You're actually 100% correct. We do very little first-person or editorializing in the reviews themselves because we're trying to meet journalist standards. We really try to make it very formal writing with a little bit of personal recollection or something in one paragraph. The podcasts though are completely different, we're just all talking about what bulshit this is and how much we loved this despite the flaws. This week I was on one Monday and went on and on and on about Fantasy Life and Yokai Watch because I love them. I get why they're not all that popular though but screw it they are my favorites and we went on and on and on about that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:
17 minutes ago, eal said:
It should only ever be a problem if you tell people to buy something because you’re a fan of a series. Like, if you reviewed DQ XI for them and said, “I love Dragon Quest so buy this game to support more,” that would be a problem. You appear on podcasts with them right? Surely it’s okay to get hyped about stuff, that’s the point of a gaming podcast; to talk about games you care about.

You're actually 100% correct. We do very little first-person or editorializing in the reviews themselves because we're trying to meet journalist standards. We really try to make it very formal writing with a little bit of personal recollection or something in one paragraph. The podcasts though are completely different, we're just all talking about what bulshit this is and how much we loved this despite the flaws. This week I was on one Monday and went on and on and on about Fantasy Life and Yokai Watch because I love them. I get why they're not all that popular though but screw it they are my favorites and we went on and on and on about that!

Hey, perfect timing literally the moment you posted this I asked a question in the What RPG are you playing? topic about Fantasy Life!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

This week I was on one Monday and went on and on and on about Fantasy Life and Yokai Watch because I love them. I get why they're not all that popular though but screw it they are my favorites and we went on and on and on about that!

Level-5 seems to have a hard time with their games being popular in the west sometimes. It’s about 50/50. I may not have finished Fantasy Life or Yo-Kai Watch, but both have elements I really liked while playing. Hell, Fantasy Life gets an A+ in my book for its music alone. Nobuo Uematsu did the soundtrack for the game and it’s one of my favorite Uematsu soundtracks. It has a lot of personality to it.

I can relate to the loving a Level-5 game no one else seems to. Ni No Kuni 2 was an excellent game, yet after it released its like it fell off the face of the earth. I get the criticisms toward it, but there was enough there that kept me playing and enjoying the full experience. It somewhat reminded me of Dragon Quest (just in action RPG form) with how it told its story, character reactions by talking to them in Evermore, and other elements. I loved it, but get why it might not have been everyone’s cup of tea.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Level-5 seems to have a hard time with their games being popular in the west sometimes. It’s about 50/50. I may not have finished Fantasy Life or Yo-Kai Watch, but both have elements I really liked while playing. Hell, Fantasy Life gets an A+ in my book for its music alone. Nobuo Uematsu did the soundtrack for the game and it’s one of my favorite Uematsu soundtracks. It has a lot of personality to it.

I can relate to the loving a Level-5 game no one else seems to. Ni No Kuni 2 was an excellent game, yet after it released its like it fell off the face of the earth. I get the criticisms toward it, but there was enough there that kept me playing and enjoying the full experience. It somewhat reminded me of Dragon Quest (just in action RPG form) with how it told its story, character reactions by talking to them in Evermore, and other elements. I loved it, but get why it might not have been everyone’s cup of tea.

Post-DS, the Layton games seemed to have struggled to make a splash. There seemed to be so few copies of Azran Legacy a couple months after it came out, and now it’s impossible to get it for a reasonable price new. Lady Layton landed with a totally thud. Only Best Buy had copies and they’re still inundated with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...