Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

"Dragon Quest XI S introduces Japanese voice actors for the protagonist, King Carnelian, Hendrik, and more"

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/dragon-quest-xi-s-introduces-japanese-voice-actors-for-the-protagonist-king-carnelian-hendrik-and-more

DQXI-Switch_01-25-19_001.jpg

Square Enix introduced several more of the Japanese voice cast for Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S during a "Dragon Quest XI S Channel: Cast Announcement Feature #1" live stream today.

Find the full list of newly revealed voice actors below:

• Protagonist (voiced by Mitsuki Saiga)
  • King Carnelian (voiced by Sugou Takayuki)
  • Hendrik (voiced by Rikiya Koyama)
  • Jasper (voiced by Takahiro Sakurai)
  • Amber (voiced by Mami Koyama)
  • Chalky (voiced by Kenichi Ogata)
  • Prince Faris (voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki)
  • Kainui (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura)
  • Michelle (voiced by Ai Kayano)
  • Atsuko (voiced by Emiri Katou)
  • Atsuo (voiced by Emiri Katou)
  • Miko (voiced by Toa Yukinari)
  • Queen Frysabel (voiced by Yui Horie)
  • Krystalinda (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro)

DQXI-Switch_01-25-19_002.jpg

DQXI-Switch_01-25-19_003.jpg

DQXI-Switch_01-25-19_004.jpg

DQXI-Switch_01-25-19_005.jpg

DQXI-Switch_01-25-19_006.jpg

DQXI-Switch_01-25-19_007.jpg

Previously revealed voice actors include:

• Erik (voiced by Kouki Uchiyama)
  • Veronica (voiced by Maaya Uchida)
  • Serena (voiced by Sora Amamiya)
  • Sylvando (voiced by Masaya Onosaka)
  • Rab (voiced by Mugihito)
  • Jade (voiced by Ami Koshimizu)
  • Gemma (voiced by Ayako Kawasumi)
  • Vince (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita)
  • Mia (voiced by Inori Minase)

In addition to the new voice actors, Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii revealed that Dragon Quest XI S will feature additional scenario(s). Details are unknown, but it will not be a post-game story.

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S is due out for Switch in 2019 in Japan. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is available now worldwide for PlayStation 4 and PC, as well as for 3DS in Japan.

Watch the full live stream archive below.

Whilst nothing major happened during the live stream, I think it's pretty cool to see some cutscenes with Japanese voice acting. And I think the Japanese voice acting is very solid. And whilst it probably won't happen, an option to toggle between English voice acting and Japanese voice acting in Dragon Quest XI S would be nice.

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing the synopsis, I watched a bit of it, but didn't see anything new really, and since I couldn't understand it I figured someone would post what was covered. :thumbsup:

Very excited to see Yui Horie is in the cast!

Losing hope for the 3DS graphics options, though.... :(

Here's the video of the cutscenes with Japanese voice acting from the live stream.

2 hours ago, MKVarana said:

Very excited to see Yui Horie is in the cast!

Losing hope for the 3DS graphics options, though.... :(

I mean, go ahead and hope but it's been stated over and over and over again that it's not happening.

34 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I mean, go ahead and hope but it's been stated over and over and over again that it's not happening.

It has?  I had not heard anything saying that myself.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I think MKVarana meant he hopes that Dragon Quest XI S will have the option of switching between 2D mode and 3D mode like with the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI, not that he hopes the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI will come to the West. And Square Enix hasn't made any comment regarding that.

1 hour ago, MKVarana said:

I think Plattym3 thought you said you hope that the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI is coming to the West.

Edited by Dakhil

That producer interview from ages ago made that VERY clear. They went in depth about why they didn't do 3DS. It was NOT a system decision. It was purely graphics. They want to give the West "the best" presentation. Ain't no way in hell they go back to anything else for that release. The brand over here restarted with DQVIII and they don't want older looking stuff.

Looks like I got my wish, and Japanese audio!  (^________^)

• Like 1

Orchestrated Soundtrack for all of the people who wanted that, but also MIDI as an option? And 16-bit mode? Japanese voices in the USA version? Man, I'm glad I waited for this version, it's like a special edition. Very hyped right now

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wiregu said:

Orchestrated Soundtrack for all of the people who wanted that, but also MIDI as an option? And 16-bit mode? Japanese voices in the USA version? Man, I'm glad I waited for this version, it's like a special edition. Very hyped right now

It’s called the Definitive Edition for a reason. 😉

• Like 1

It might only include orchestrated field and battle music, based on what they said? 

Silly Sugiyama, I knew you wouldn't give it up that easily.

Edited by Tiael

Dragon Quest XI S may be the first Dragon Quest game to have a simultaneous worldwide release since according to Google Translate, the Japanese Nintendo Direct also said that Dragon Quest XI S is coming to Japan in autumn 2019 (2019年秋)!

Man, good things come to those who wait. I'm super excited to finally play this, especially with the enhancements!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tiael said:

It might only include orchestrated field and battle music, based on what they said? 

Silly Sugiyama, I knew you wouldn't give it up that easily.

Field music could mean all the music while you’re exploring, including in towns and dungeons.

We’ll have to wait and see what exactly that part meant, though it wouldn’t surprise me if Sugiyama was like “Ah ah ah, you don’t get ALL of music in symphonic suite form!”

He’s like Zoma or one of the other demon lords. 😈

The best part about the reveal for the Definitive Edition? Your party members follow behind you. I sincerely missed this while playing DQ11 on my PS4. Seeing everyone in your active party follow behind you was awesome.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The best part about the reveal for the Definitive Edition? Your party members follow behind you. I sincerely missed this while playing DQ11 on my PS4. Seeing everyone in your active party follow behind you was awesome.

weird that the less powerful hardware gets to draw more characters on screen, you'd think it would be the other way around

2 hours ago, wiregu said:

weird that the less powerful hardware gets to draw more characters on screen, you'd think it would be the other way around

Even the 3DS version in both 2D and 3D mode had all your active party members follow behind you. It’s weird the PS4 version is the only one that doesn’t do that.

12 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Even the 3DS version in both 2D and 3D mode had all your active party members follow behind you. It’s weird the PS4 version is the only one that doesn’t do that.

Could be that was a design decision they made, and feedback led to it being implemented in the Switch version.

Also, the Switch version uses a newer version of Unreal Engine 4 as they had to upgrade to it for development. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Hope at least some of these improvements come to the PC version later. It's seems SE has not decided about it yet.