Sign in to follow this  
Sackchief

Heads Up: Dragon Warrior NES Prototype Cart going up for auction February 1st

11 minutes ago, Woodus said:

I can try to setup a gofundme or something, but I don't know anything about those sites and I think people should get their money back if it isn't won, can that be done?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the money is refunded if the goal isn't met.

15 minutes ago, Woodus said:

I can try to setup a gofundme or something, but I don't know anything about those sites and I think people should get their money back if it isn't won, can that be done?

Yeah everyone gets their money back if we don't meet the goal.  The auction also ends in 5 days.  If you do it, I'll make sure it gets around.

But what would we set the goal to, if the current bid goes up, then do we need to start another account?

Yeah, I'm not sure how that would work. I know that you can continue donating to a crowdfunding campaign after it's reached its goal, but since the goal has technically been reached, refunding the money may be trickier if the bid doesn't win?

This is also ignoring the fact of trust. Whoever sets up the acct just be off with the money. I don't think any of the main posters here would do that, but it would likely prohibit people from chipping in.

Just as a related story, there’s a bunch of songs from an unreleased Rilo Kiley demo tape out in the wild to download somewhere because a fan forum discovered it up for auction and assigned someone who could get the songs online to bid for them, and members donated towards it. That was a bit different though. Everyone got something out of it, and the person who did the legwork got a memento for their troubles. How can we be sure the community at large would benefit from this?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, eal said:

Just as a related story, there’s a bunch of songs from an unreleased Rilo Kiley demo tape out in the wild to download somewhere because a fan forum discovered it up for auction and assigned someone who could get the songs online to bid for them, and members donated towards it. That was a bit different though. Everyone got something out of it, and the person who did the legwork got a memento for their troubles. How can we be sure the community at large would benefit from this?

Releasing the rom files would definitely be a benefit to the community.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Releasing the rom files would definitely be a benefit to the community.

Yeah, everyone gets a copy of the rom.  I pitched the idea on Twitter and people were interested in chipping in.  DQ fans are out there.

Here's what it says on gofundme's website.  We could probably set it at 1400 and just keep collecting if the bid increases by then.

image.thumb.png.7cc5cab4b6126957c1ecd7a3734df08a.png

I don't have much to pitch in, but I'll watch this thread, as if there's anything I *can* donate, I'd love to.

Sorry, but I don't feel comfortable collecting money for this. If someone else wants to manage it, I will gladly throw some money into the pot.

Here's what it says on gofundme's website.  We could probably set it at 1400 and just keep collecting if the bid increases by then.
image.thumb.png.7cc5cab4b6126957c1ecd7a3734df08a.png
I guess if we actually made it to 1400 then even if somebody started to outbid us, the community would be encouraged to give since we'd be so close.

I'm not willing to accept the responsibility of managing it but of course I'd give whatever money I could to the cause.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk