Dakhil

"DRAGON QUEST in Japan: DRAGON QUEST VR"

Interesting they'd share this.

1 hour ago, redneckpride4ever said:

Interesting they'd share this.

I thought it would be nice to share some Japan exclusive stuff with the Western audience. :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Michi said:

I thought it would be nice to share some Japan exclusive stuff with the Western audience. :)

I know you personally don't have the power to do it, but it'd be really really nice if Square Enix would share the game with us.

That's cool, just don't ever make that into a numbered title! 

• Like 1

Hire me Michi.  Ill be your lacky slave.  I will dedicate my life to Dragon Quest.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 3:46 PM, Michi said:

Thanks for sharing this :thumbsup:

On 1/21/2019 at 7:46 PM, Michi said:

I've been away from the community for some time, but somehow I thought it was you when I saw the video on youtube. When did you get involved promoting the series? That's pretty cool.

I did this on my own with one of the staff sitting in as Priest to my Gladiator. It was fun and I was out of breath after the first battle. They wouldn't let me in with a camera, though. This footage is a unique look at what it's like to be inside the VR room. Pretty cool.

On 1/28/2019 at 3:22 AM, Billy MK said:

I've been away from the community for some time, but somehow I thought it was you when I saw the video on youtube. When did you get involved promoting the series? That's pretty cool.

Sorry to kick up an old thread - apparently I have not been on the forum in months...

I started working for Square Enix a little over a year ago. :) Started just on DQ, and now I work on almost all of the Japanese titles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michi said:

Sorry to kick up an old thread - apparently I have not been on the forum in months...

Yeah, you only have a few other things to manage :P

2 hours ago, Michi said:

I started working for Square Enix a little over a year ago. :) Started just on DQ, and now I work on almost all of the Japanese titles.

Said it before an' I'll say it again, I'm really happy for you. Glad there are people there who are really invested in the series' success over here. All the promotion over the past few months has been really good and engaging.

• Like 1

Thank you. :) Most recently I was really happy with DQB2 at PAX East. Lots of people interacted with our cosplayer and photo wall, and tons of people loved the demo. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Michi said:

Thank you. :) Most recently I was really happy with DQB2 at PAX East. Lots of people interacted with our cosplayer and photo wall, and tons of people loved the demo. 

I really wish they would have added a PAXCentral so I could hit something like that a bit closer to home >.<

• Like 1

I really wish they would have added a PAXCentral so I could hit something like that a bit closer to home >.
PAX Disney World is what we need!

13 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

PAX Disney World is what we need! 

That would be interesting :)

19 hours ago, Michi said:

Dang that's amazing :o

Say, do you know if SE have a translation department, or if those things are handled by a sub party? I've been trying to get words from that at Square Enix France, but couldn't get any answer as of yet. 

I'd be my guess that the translation is handled the same way by SE, be it the US branch, or the European/French one

I started working for Square Enix a little over a year ago. Started just on DQ, and now I work on almost all of the Japanese titles.
So tell me, what is it like achieving your life's dream?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Woodus said:

Shido.thumb.jpg.11e82c8d91c5abece86f4243

Who are you and what have you done with our webmaster?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Who are you and what have you done with our webmaster?

I changed last month too, I have been keeping the Den, Twitter and Facebook ones all the same

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xiggy said:

Dang that's amazing :o

Say, do you know if SE have a translation department, or if those things are handled by a sub party? I've been trying to get words from that at Square Enix France, but couldn't get any answer as of yet. 

I'd be my guess that the translation is handled the same way by SE, be it the US branch, or the European/French one

By translation department do you mean localization for the games? Each game is kinda handled differently. For DQ specifically, actually, message me!

4 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

So tell me, what is it like achieving your life's dream?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Haha, I'm very satisfied career-wise but it's a lot of hard work. It's interesting seeing the inner workings and seeing how fans comes up with their own conclusions as to why things are they way they are.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Michi said:

By translation department do you mean localization for the games? Each game is kinda handled differently. For DQ specifically, actually, message me!

You can't hide anything from me! Shloc Ltd has been doing most of the localization for the recent releases, right?

4 hours ago, Michi said:

Haha, I'm very satisfied career-wise but it's a lot of hard work. It's interesting seeing the inner workings and seeing how fans comes up with their own conclusions as to why things are they way they are.

I can imagine you sitting back, drinking tea out of a slime mug, watching with amusement over people speculating/bickering. I'm kinda curious, how often do you get DM'ed asking "WHENS ___ GOING TO COME OUT!?"

I would hope not. Community managers tend to want the community to be happy.