Billy MK

Dai confirmed for Jump Force

Our boiiii is in!

I know a couple people on this site that must be thrilled

Edited by Megalosaro

9 hours ago, Megalosaro said:

I know a couple people on this site that must be thrilled

I know I am. 
I wasn't paying much attention to this game, but I'll try to play it eventually. 

More importantly, if they're bringing Dai back, maybe we could see something new. Manga rerelease or whatever. I hope the manga gets released here in Brazil.

Edited by Billy MK

It’s official. I already see a bunch of people getting salty about it lol. Can’t wait for Erdrick in Smash nowZ

41 minutes ago, Choppasmith said:

Direct feed screens from Twitter

DxsT2jFUcAATJFv?format=jpg&name=large

DxsT_QnVsAACoE9?format=jpg&name=large

DxsUBB4V4AAfZYI?format=jpg&name=large

DxsUC2pU0AEcIVO?format=jpg&name=large

Also agreed @Sackchief

#$*!, Yugi blowing up into rays of light. Heart of the Cards can’t save you now.

1 hour ago, Sackchief said:

It’s official. I already see a bunch of people getting salty about it lol. Can’t wait for Erdrick in Smash nowZ

There's always going to be saltiness.

There's a LOT of people pushing the notion that after Ike was given codename Brave's stats, he seems a lot like Sora.  Watching the video of it, I can't see anything that indicates it's either or, given the movement is not explicitly identical to Sora.  Plus the height stat given means nothing, as the nature of it is universal, not specific to actual Height, suggesting it's a function that intakes a parameter that breaks it down based likely on a number sequence for each aspect of total size within the parameter.  Point being it's going to be a slim build model, and the movement indicates this.  So it could be Sora, however there are no guarantees on KH3 Switch, and if so it won't be for a very long time, so correspondence is low as SE is more likely to announce it in March or April if it will come, depending on whether they can get a build working they're satisfied with.  I think that will definitely come out, but who knows on the timing.

While Dragon Quest 11 S is right around the corner, and would make more sense to correspond it.  Plus it isn't like KH is as substantial for SE as DQ is.  MUCH higher development costs for core games, and much higher due to much larger teams for spin-offs, remakes, and remasters.  It's surprising how many people work on those smaller projects.  Nevermind Erdrick started on the NES.  The first remake was on the SNES.  The second remake was on the GBC.  Erdrick is a nostalgic symbol in Japan....Sora is not.  Even for newer generations there's less connection to Sora I imagine than Erdrick, especially given DQ3 mobile's numbers.

Nevermind the 3DS release of the first trilogy (PS4 as well, but the point is 3 appears again on a Nintendo system).

Then there's DQ11 going 3DS as well, the ties the Luminary has to Erdrick, that the first major and more credible leak indicated the Luminary as a costume change, which makes sense, if not an unlockable character THROUGH using Erdrick.

There's a lot of buzz in Japan about DQ3 being remade.  A lot of buzz here.  At least there was when the DQ3 test for DQ11's design was fully discussed and unveiled.  Plus at this point they would have to fully remake the original trilogy if they're going to release it again given sales numbers are increasingly slowing with each new port.  Some people say DQ1 is too small to be remade...christ that's beyond stupid.  It's because it's so limited that it offers a LOT of room for development without overwhelming players with an excessively long quest.  Nevermind DQ2.  If Builders 1 isn't proof of this, I don't know what is.  Plenty of mechanics to expand upon, nevermind story direction (hell Builders 1 seems to expand the story quite a bit).

Plus Erdrick and the Luminary are the most agile of the heroes, and compared to other classes/characters, are fairly agile and often go first or second (unless you've a team of Fighters).

Brave can relate to a few games and characters, but as discussed and pointed out, it's tied to EVERY DQ since the original game, and was cemented with DQ3.  All Hero classes in Japan are called "Brave," rather than Hero.

So definitely looking forward to Erdrick in Smash.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm seeing a ton of so called "gamers" who don't know jack about JRPGs, hating on Dragon Quest all of a sudden and hoping Brave is Sora, despite the fact that the word "Yuusha" is completely synonymous with Erdrick and directly translates to Brave and the guy who leaked Isabelle says Erdrick is in.  It is just delusional to think that Sora is going to be in the game.  In Japan, Erdrick is easily the most iconic RPG protagonist.  Erdrick and Dragon Quest absolutely dwarfs Kingdom Hearts and Sora, but I still see ignorant comments on my channel of people hating on DQ, despite the fact that DQIII is a top selling NES RPG and paved the way for pretty much every RPG to come afterwards.  I'll look forward to the meltdown for sure though, it will be good lol.

• Like 1

I want to meet the person that’s salty about a member of the roster of Jump Force.

2 hours ago, eal said:

I want to meet the person that’s salty about a member of the roster of Jump Force.

Twitter has shown me how bad fanboys can be lol.  If you look at any of Bandai Namco's tweets about Ace Combat 7 there's dozens of comments like "we don't care about this" and "where is Jump Force"?  I saw AC7's director actually apologize to someone on Twitter for the Jump Force thing like wtf.  Its so dumb.

Twitter is honestly pretty bad. A lot of people open their mouths when they should learn to shut up. Especially a lot of content creators who get in spats with each other or shove their foot into their mouth.

Twitter should be avoided like the plague in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Sackchief said:

Twitter has shown me how bad fanboys can be lol.  If you look at any of Bandai Namco's tweets about Ace Combat 7 there's dozens of comments like "we don't care about this" and "where is Jump Force"?  I saw AC7's director actually apologize to someone on Twitter for the Jump Force thing like wtf.  Its so dumb.

So many gamers are like children.

Honestly, there's going to come a time when there needs to be a reckoning.  I know some AAA companies and titles pull some stupid #$*! and there are ample reasons for a lot of gamers to get pissed, but it's individual, not industry-wide.  I get if people want to move away from EA or Activision (WoW accounts are actually going downhill now, with quite a few major players who stuck it out since the start making videos about leaving, which is very bad for Blizzard...very, as WoW has been their consistent money maker, and Fortnight is not going to remain popular given the genre, but who knows).

There's so much ridiculous anger, and people not willing to even pay attention to other games.  I guess for the companies they feel they have to put up with it, as these are their audiences.

Granted it's probably a very small minority of gamers, but it is a sizeable vocal group that just gets pissy over anything.  There's a huge DQ fan who predicted certain things concerning a Dragon Quest...I think 7.  Anyway, some gamers took it to heart when he was wrong (no e3 announcement when he said there would be one, back in 2016 I think?), and he's had death threats, and people drive by his house after being doxxed.  It hasn't happened for years, but for a few months the guy was terrorized because some gamers took to heart that Dragon Quest 7 3DS would be announced, because he claimed insider info, and was wrong.  Whether he had info or not isn't the point, the point is that some people took verbal abuse online to a whole new level.

I seriously think there are some gamers who need a good spanking, or a tar and feather...publicly so they feel shamed (hopefully), and calm the fudge down.  I wish I were joking, but I feel bad for that guy.  Ace Combat is a really good simulation series too, but regardless, the man definitely did not deserve that.

I brought up something similar on gamefaqs, and I was accused of being abusive and a monster.  I did carry it a bit far though, but the intent was to make the point that there are some gamers who just have no sense of self-control, and they make the rest of us look really bad by comparison, especially when they take matters in to their own hands over emotional hurdles.  Though in my case it was due to someone not caring about making major story reveals in every post.  Granted after the whole exchange he stopped, and I did carry things a bit far, but for me it's just unbelievable either the apathy for certain things or the childish emotional bullshit.

1 minute ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Twitter is honestly pretty bad. A lot of people open their mouths when they should learn to shut up. Especially a lot of content creators who get in spats with each other or shove their foot into their mouth.

Twitter should be avoided like the plague in my opinion.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/twit

I sometimes get the impression Twitter was created on purpose for this reason, to showcase to the world how stupid and annoying some people can be by giving them a platform and limiting their vocabulary, so they naturally degrade themselves in smaller bytes...or maybe to encourage the dullwitted amongst us.  Not saying that most or all twitter users are themselves twits, but I get the impression that was the intention for the platform...afterall I would be saying I myself am a twit given I use it, and I don't think I am.

Edited by ignasia
  • Like 2

Gamers just need to stop building their identities around their after hours hobby meant to unwind. Like, I can get people being upset about all those changes Sony is implementing that affect Japanese games, but at the end of the day, this is your hobby. Move on to something you would find better.

Gamers think everything is a personal attack against them. Get angry over bad consumer practices like loot boxes, not titty physics being taken out of a game.

• Like 2

Gamers just need to stop building their identities around their after hours hobby meant to unwind. Like, I can get people being upset about all those changes Sony is implementing that affect Japanese games, but at the end of the day, this is your hobby. Move on to something you would find better.
Gamers think everything is a personal attack against them. Get angry over bad consumer practices like loot boxes, not titty physics being taken out of a game.
You shut it. My hobbies are all I have!!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

You shut it. My hobbies are all I have!!

*as your wife looks over your shoulder*

Edited by ignasia

*as your wife looks over your shoulder*
She knows my Reddit username but she's never heard of the Den!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

She knows my Reddit username but she's never heard of the Den!

Basically everyone I know is aware that I’m on Reddit, but nobody knows of the Den. They don’t know what Dragon Quest is but everyone knows what Reddit is!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eal said:

I've been actively trying to spread some awareness about what Sony is doing, I think censorship is abhorrent, but I honestly I leave it at informing people about the changes and encouraging them to take their money elsewhere.  

16 hours ago, ignasia said:

So many gamers are children.

Or child-like.  I've honestly never interacted with people who look old, but act like my students more than tons of self-proclaimed "gamers".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Or child-like.  I've honestly never interacted with people who look old, but act like my students more than tons of self-proclaimed "gamers".

Gamers are the most oppressed minority, after all.

• Like 2