The Legend of Dragon Quest - new book

Hi everyone, it's been five years since I last posted here. I haven't really been playing games much for the past years, but I'm on vacation and  managed to run Dragon Quest XI on my laptop and it's just amazing.

Anyway, I'm still a big fan even if I can't really play anymore. I picked up Dragon Quest Illustrations: 30th Anniversary Edition, it will arrive today. I also noted there's a another book coming out in may, about the history of the series. Have you guys seen it? 

2053575619_41ESN2lZC0L._SX333_BO1204203200_.jpg.9d94bb2460cd3b24465d3b1da29a320c.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Dragon-Quest-Daniel-Andreyev/dp/2377840345

I already preordered it.

Edited by Billy MK
1 hour ago, Billy MK said:

I also noted there's a another book coming out in may, about the history of the series. Have you guys seen it? 

Interesting, I went ahead and preordered it, as well as the DQ Monsters Manga (all 3 volumes)

Based on Amazon this looks like an actual book and not one of those random self-published game guides or history/discussion books that you’ll stumble on on Apple’s digital bookstore with a non-cover made in Microsoft Publisher. I’ll wait to see what other people say ($30 is a lot to commit to a book with just a cover and blurb to go by).

10 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Interesting, I went ahead and preordered it, as well as the DQ Monsters Manga (all 3 volumes)

Yeah, I'll wait another import sale to grab all of them on amazon.br

• Like 1

I think I’ll pick that up. The author looks like he has some experience.

Ah! I know these guys. They’re based in France, but translate their books in English. I bought their FFVI book because that’s my favorite FF. To be honest I hastily bought it confusing it for the Ultimanias (actual development info straight from the devs, exclusive art/photos) But it’s basically like one of those extensive “analysis” or essay videos you see on YouTube in book form. It does bring up some rare Japanese interviews and it might go into detail on things you never noticed or thought of before. But I think the lack of visuals and the whole third person perspective makes it feel somewhat lacking (especially for something that’s ~30 dollars.

Edited by Choppasmith