Sign in to follow this  
muddy120

What do you guys think of the DQ person who doesn't support the series because of views of Sugiyama

4 hours ago, Sackchief said:

I see what you mean ignasia and I’ll admit I was wrong about that now that I think about it. And yes I do kind of hate the majority of the DBZ fanbase haha.

Much love bro, and sorry I came off so harsh.  It's not as harsh when I say it in my head.  Lots of good people in the DBZ fanbase, so sorry you've had the run of members who annoyed/frustrated you to that point.  Even DQ has its childishness.

7 hours ago, eal said:

^ He probably just thinks DBZ fans suck. I feel the same way of plenty of fandoms. I’m sure we all do.

LOL, we can be annoying.  Each fanbase has their annoying people.  Some more incessant than others.   I've certainly had my fair share of fanboy posts, lol.

3 hours ago, Dwaine said:

Like Insignia said. Intent. Those Dragon Ball characters were created over 25 years ago. Toriyama will design a character with big lips, but he's been applying it to a lot of different types of faces. Japan is just now getting around to realizing that's considered a negative depiction.

LOL, maybe I should have started up here with The Unknown Gamer =p, though insignia isn't too bad of an inaccurate name.  I certainly am my own distinguishing mark.

That he does though.  Always reuses similar styles.  It's interesting given his variety and range when it comes to enemy drawings, especially with 7 (literally reworking almost all of the former designs that came before and were carried over, along with new enemies), 9, 10, and the new enemies present in 11.  Nevermind the monsters series.  Perhaps due to the complexity of dialogue and redrawing mouth movements.  Big and no lips would be infinitely easier, and then I have to consider the working conditions and time constraints for anime/manga artists.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ignasia said:

I've certainly had my fair share of fanboy posts, lol.

I think we’re all guilty of this one.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

9 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I think we’re all guilty of this one.

Except me, of course.

2 minutes ago, eal said:

Except me, of course.

Spide...*is yanked off stage*

30 minutes ago, eal said:

Except me, of course.

Whatever you say, eal. 😏

32 minutes ago, ignasia said:

Spide...*is yanked off stage*

That was just a “heated gaming moment.”

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, eal said:

That was just a “heated gaming moment.”

Of course it was.  Much love eal.

On one hand I find it unfortunate that he receives royalties. It does give the music a less pleasant context. On the other hand, It is his past creations that are valued in combination with a product created by many others. I doubt there's anyone stoked to see what he comes up with next. 

I guess we can hope he dies soon and doesn't pass his royalties onto hateful causes or children.

We can hope he changes his views in the future. You shouldn’t wish he dies, this man is an integral part of the franchise. He’s been with DQ for decades and he’s created some brilliant compositions. He can change still and you should just hope he does and separate the artist from the art.

I am merely exaggerating a wish that he not commit any of his money to programs which work against LGBT+ Death seems the most likely.

I have little faith that old and successful have any reason to change their minds. Especially if their beliefs contain any sort of superiority complex. 

I personally define old as an unwillingness to learn about or adapt to the world as it changes. Some people get old sooner than others..

22 hours ago, jonahstrix said:

I guess we can hope he dies soon and doesn't pass his royalties onto hateful causes or children.

OK, that's enough. We've had thoughtful discussion on the topic, but this is what it always comes down to.

And I'm sick of it.

The Dragon Quest series has gone through so much to get to where it is today. Now you can't have a mainstream topic about it without shitposts like this. "DQ supports homophobia." No, it doesn't, and if you want to wish for his death, feel free to chant that all you want on ResetEra. I'm done seeing it here. Discussion is fine, but I'm going to start deleting ignorant and spiteful comments.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2