Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Dragon Quest XI S Trailer

So Dragon Quest XI S is slated for release in Japan on 2019. Hopefully, we'll get a simultaneous worldwide release for Dragon Quest XI. And I'm liking the Japanese voice acting so far!

Edited by Dakhil
  • Upvote 1

I wonder if the Japanese voice acting will be included in the western Switch version. I don’t plan to use it if it was included since fighting games are about the only thing I like JP voice acting in (mainly because of The King of Fighters) but I’m sure others would appreciate it.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I wonder if the Japanese voice acting will be included in the western Switch version. I don’t plan to use it if it was included since fighting games are about the only thing I like JP voice acting in (mainly because of The King of Fighters) but I’m sure others would appreciate it.

There's more than likely plenty of space on the cart.  The VA work barely scratched 80MB for us.  More compression on the Switch with faster loading, so they could easily do that at 20~50MB per overall with both depending on the compression technique.  Will they?  Probably not, but it would be really cool to see as yeah, there are some people who are serious Otaku's and would kill for that.  Gotta love the PS4 threads prior to release on GameFAQs with people claiming it's not authentic because it has VA work, and somehow even though you can turn it off, it's still not how the original developers designed the game (which is usually, not always, a hilariously stupid argument when said developers signed on and are often part of those changes). 

Sometimes it's fun, and it isn't like we don't have "subtitles" anyway ;).

Stop the video at the moment I linked to and compare.  They did an amazeballs job at graphical and frame rate fidelity.

PS4:

Switch:

• Upvote 1

And that is...?

47 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

And that is...?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sugoi

The graphics look great, I wonder how they can make it work like that on the Switch!

Is the switch version going to have anything special compared to the PC/PS4 release?

10 minutes ago, Duran said:

Is the switch version going to have anything special compared to the PC/PS4 release?

Yes, this was already indicated in the October teaser.  As to what type or how expansive, we don't know.  Could be minor, could be major.  We'll find out sometime today (as Japan time is 4:50 AM on January 1st) .

Window dressing. Almost nothing. People will try to convince you otherwise. The S stands for "Same".
  • Like 1

OK, this is some bullshit!

All this hype for months and the S in DQ XI S stands for Switch?!

I thought it stood for Soulja Boy! I didn't want to play an inferior version on PS4. I wanted to play it on my vastly superior Soulja Boy game consoles!!

16 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

OK, this is some bullshit!

All this hype for months and the S in DQ XI S stands for Switch?!

I thought it stood for Soulja Boy! I didn't want to play an inferior version on PS4. I wanted to play it on my vastly superior Soulja Boy game consoles!!

Too late!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/soulja-boys-iffy-consoles-have-already-been-pulled-to-the-surprise-of-no-one/

NOOOO! GOD DAMMIT!!!

Well, at least I've got Michael Jackson's next album to look forward to. That reminds me, I need to check up and see how he's doing.

On 12/28/2018 at 6:39 PM, wiregu said:

The graphics look great, I wonder how they can make it work like that on the Switch!

Switch can pull off some nice stuff!

I guess it's easy to underestimate it, because if you compare multiplatform releases, they always get the short end on the Switch, and the ones that manage to still look great tend to suffer on framerate. So people rarely design Switch games to show off stuff, and it's become a welcome home to small-scale indies etc.

But then you have a game like Super Mario Odyssey, designed for the platform, which looks god damn amazing (and IMO better than DQXI looks on PS4)

Just now, Sumez said:

Switch can pull off some nice stuff!

I guess it's easy to underestimate it, because if you compare multiplatform releases, they always get the short end on the Switch, and the ones that manage to still look great tend to suffer on framerate. So people rarely design Switch games to show off stuff, and it's become a welcome home to small-scale indies etc.

But then you have a game like Super Mario Odyssey, designed for the platform, which looks god damn amazing (and IMO better than DQXI looks on PS4)

And I think it's also important to mention how well supported Unreal Engine 4 is on the Nintendo Switch, which is why Dragon Quest XI S looks as good as it does, despite some of the sacrifices being made.

This just reminds me of how salty I am about not getting the 3ds version lol.

But in all seriousness, I like the graphics and even though I'm not really a fan of the switch, I might try it out when it's released (I'm behind on this stuff but I'd rather play the PS4 version instead tbh).

Just now, Marrowfrost said:

This just reminds me of how salty I am about not getting the 3ds version lol.

But in all seriousness, I like the graphics and even though I'm not really a fan of the switch, I might try it out when it's released (I'm behind on this stuff but I'd rather play the PS4 version instead tbh).

There's also the Steam version of Dragon Quest XI if you have a powerful enough computer. 

Just now, Dakhil said:

There's also the Steam version of Dragon Quest XI if you have a powerful enough computer. 

True, although I've never used Steam but it's always an option.