Sign in to follow this  
Choppasmith

New 2ch leak says Erdrick is second DLC character for Smash

There’s a rumor floating around that there’s a DLC character codenamed “Brave,” which lends credence to the theory that a Dragon Quest character will be in Smash.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, eal said:

There’s a rumor floating around that there’s a DLC character codenamed “Brave,” which lends credence to the theory that a Dragon Quest character will be in Smash.

Not a rumor, verified datamining

https://mobile.twitter.com/jam1garner/status/1080961830825193473?

There’s even stats.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1080971781790416896?

Stats place “Brave” as being about as heavy as Cloud and as fast as Young Link. No wall jump or fast jabbing.

I mean sure, it’s still not 100%, it could be a Bravely Default character for all we know. But it’s starting to lineup with the leak.

Edited by Choppasmith

Bravely Default and Final Fantasy getting in before Dragon Quest would confirm that Square Enix hates the franchise.

Posted (edited)

Brave huh? Well it's obvious who it is....

Braev Lee the Templar!

480?cb=20121021010028

Edit: omg i can't believe I just realized that "Braev Lee" is a play on the word "Bravely" me smrt.

Edited by SlimeVagrant

5 hours ago, SlimeVagrant said:

Braev Lee the Templar!

480?cb=20121021010028

Edit: omg i can't believe I just realized that "Braev Lee" is a play on the word "Bravely" me smrt.

That’s a pun worthy of a Dragon Quest game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SlimeVagrant said:

Braev Lee the Templar!

480?cb=20121021010028

That’s the first character I thought of too.

However, this is who the “Brave,” stands for:

1200px-628Braviary.png

They use "Brave" as a noun to refer to the heroes of DQ games in Japan, anytime they must omit the name. (For example, in Fortune Street.)

5 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

1200px-628Braviary.png

'MURICA! :wd_coolslime:

3 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

They use "Brave" as a noun to refer to the heroes of DQ games in Japan, anytime they must omit the name. (For example, in Fortune Street.)

I actually didn't know that. I've only ever played the Wii fortune street and off the top of my head I don't remember any of the main dq heroes being playable in it.

1 hour ago, SlimeVagrant said:

'MURICA! :wd_coolslime:

I actually didn't know that. I've only ever played the Wii fortune street and off the top of my head I don't remember any of the main dq heroes being playable in it.

The only DQ spin offs I can think of where the heroes are playable are in Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (good game to import and easy to play/navigate too) and those arcade Battle Road games.

It’s weird the heroes don’t show up more in playable roles outside their respective main games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The only DQ spin offs I can think of where the heroes are playable are in Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (good game to import and easy to play/navigate too) and those arcade Battle Road games.

It’s weird the heroes don’t show up more in playable roles outside their respective main games.

Fortune Street Special on PS2 and Fortune Street Portable on PSP. Probably (though I haven't had the chance to try it) in Fortune Street 30th Anniversary.

That's cool!

16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
11 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

That's cool!

Considering how much Japanese borrows from other languages, I should specify, it's their word own for brave, they didn't borrow the English "Brave".

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

1200px-628Braviary.png

You know what sucks?  The Japanese name for Braviary is "Wargle", which is, like, 50 times better than what we got.

Anyway, I'm not too surprised about getting Erdrick/Loto in Ultimate, considering the data... but I am going to be surprised if Dragon Quest gets all of this music and spirits when, let's be honest, Final Fantasy (the more globally popular of the two JRPGs Square-Enix operates) just has Cloud and didn't even bother making the summons in Midgar spirits (which would have been easy), it's going to put people in a sour position.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Vulcanos said:

You know what sucks?  The Japanese name for Braviary is "Wargle", which is, like, 50 times better than what we got.

Anyway, I'm not too surprised about getting Erdrick/Loto in Ultimate, considering the data... but I am going to be surprised if Dragon Quest gets all of this music and spirits when, let's be honest, Final Fantasy (the more globally popular of the two JRPGs Square-Enix operates) just has Cloud and didn't even bother making the summons in Midgar spirits (which would have been easy), it's going to put people in a sour position.

Wargle sounds like a noise you’d make if you have something caught in your throat. 😂

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Wargle sounds like a noise you’d make if you have something caught in your throat. 😂

I know.  It hits that rare milestone of both epic and bad that you can't help but be amazed by it.  Like, it's their interpretation of what sounds "badass" in English, like how we take combining words for describing creatures and they took a stab at it, and that's what they got.  I know they do it with Japanese, but it's more or less playing with characters of hiragana or kanji, or using alliteration to make puns, as opposed to using actual phonetics to just make the name.

The character class for DQ heroes is Yuusha in Japanese which quite literally means Brave if you put it through Google translate.  I can't believe how much these Sora fanboys are denying it lmaooo.

Out of the loop with the new smash. Do the DLC characters get an assist or a stage too?

Battling it out while various bosses appear in the background and attack the stage would be amazing.

Zoma, Sidoh, Estrek

On 1/4/2019 at 6:54 PM, Erdrick The Hero said:

Considering how much Japanese borrows from other languages, I should specify, it's their word own for brave, they didn't borrow the English "Brave".

However, a certain item in DQX known as the Bravestone does borrow our word, "brave".

Out of the loop with the new smash. Do the DLC characters get an assist or a stage too?
Battling it out while various bosses appear in the background and attack the stage would be amazing.
Zoma, Sidoh, Estrek
According to nintendo direct (may have been Sakurai himself who said it, im not sure) each of the dlc packs will come with 1 character, 1 stage, and some music for the stage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Whoops, wrong topic.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

If it’s Erdrick, the stage should definitely be Charlock Castle. And you could have Zoma or the Dragonlord as stage hazards.

3 minutes ago, Sackchief said:

If it’s Erdrick, the stage should definitely be Charlock Castle. And you could have Zoma or the Dragonlord as stage hazards.

That would kick @$$! Would love to see Malroth too.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 2:39 AM, ignasia said:

Very short.

If Act 1 is about 60% of the story, then Act 2 is about 30%, and Act 3 is about 10%.

However, in terms of content, Act 3 is MASSIVE.  It's like DQ7 after you first defeat Orgodemir, and includes the two bonus dungeons.

I should note that the entire game is about Act 3.  That is essentially the main event.  It's also like DQ7 in that you have like 3~4 major twists, and with less foreshadowing.  Actually...yeah, Act 3 really is directly comparable to the aftermath of the first battle against Orgodemir in terms of the level of surprise that are to unfold soon after.

Oh right, the subtitle, especially the Japanese subtitle, only makes sense after Act 3 is completed.

They did take the "Baramos/fake final boss" trope to a new level.

• Like 1

The Orgodemir thing wasn't a surprise if you realized there a whole other disk that hasn't been touched yet.

• Like 1