Sign in to follow this  
Choppasmith

New 2ch leak says Erdrick is second DLC character for Smash

Announcement came from Persona Central as the same leaker seemed to accurately report on some Persona and Granblue Fantasy stuff.

https://personacentral.com/rumor-persona-5-arena-development-p5r-complete-edition-2019-super-smash-ultimate-leak/

Erdrick

Stage is Alefgard

Erdrick (Male) and Erdrick (Female), 2 colors each of Anlucia and the Dragon Quest XI Hero

Slime appears on screen with a skill

Achieved through active collaboration on Square’s side

To the benefit of overseas marketing for the DQ series

I don’t want to get my hopes up, but that sounds all sorts of plausible. I’ve been saying that DQ in Smash would be the best way to help get the series more attention in the US. It’s one of the last big third parties missing.

• Like 1

If this happens...omg...omg that would be like soooo epic...Cloud vs Erdrick vs Ness vs Lucas vs Marth vs Link

Edited by ignasia
  • Like 1

If it happens I’ll be curious what happens with the music. Watch as it’s only 2 songs (if we’re lucky) like the FF7 stage.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Hey! We'll get an official English name for Anlucea! (She's a character from Dragon Quest X).

14 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Hey! We'll get an official English name for Anlucea! (She's a character from Dragon Quest X).

I like “Ann Lucia” but yeah, we’ll see. Her being in could be a sign of us getting the offline version of X they keep teasing. There was, oddly enough, a 4chan rumor a while back about getting the new FS and her name was going to be changed to Sonia. Guess we’ll see.

This part was interesting to me, “to the benefit of overseas marketing for the DQ series.” We all know what Smash did for Fire Emblem.

That being said, when it comes to leaks as they pertain to Smash, I’ll believe it when I see it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, eal said:

That being said, when it comes to leaks as they pertain to Smash, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Same. Until it’s proven/shown off officially by Nintendo, I don’t believe a thing.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Same. Until it’s proven/shown off officially by Nintendo, I don’t believe a thing.

That's a smart way to look at things, but in lieu of Dragon Quest 11's impending Switch release, it would be a very smart move for this release ahead of the game if SE has actually organized this, and it turns out to be true.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ignasia said:

That's a smart way to look at things, but in lieu of Dragon Quest 11's impending Switch release, it would be a very smart move for this release ahead of the game if SE has actually organized this, and it turns out to be true.

That’s why people assume Joker was announced: to help promote an impending Persona 5 Switch port. Same with why Corrin was added to Smash 4, to help promote Fire Emblem Fates. Smash Bros. is a big promotion for games, and as eal pointed out, it did its job by raising awareness and interest in Fire Emblem. So Erdrick being added for the upcoming Switch version would make sense.

Personally I want this to be true, as I’m sure a lot of us do, since we’re all Dragon Quest fans. But I want to keep my expectations in check and if ends up being true, all the better. I’ve believed in leaks and “leaks,” in the past and have gotten burned for it, so I’ve adopted my Nintendo Direct philosophy: go in expecting nothing of interest, then be pleasantly surprised by the unexpected.

(Oh, and if this IS true all I ask for is a color scheme resembling DQ4’s hero.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Luckily there’s no Geno or Banjo on that list so there’s a stronger chance then usual that this leak is real haha.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

That’s why people assume Joker was announced: to help promote an impending Persona 5 Switch port. Same with why Corrin was added to Smash 4, to help promote Fire Emblem Fates. Smash Bros. is a big promotion for games, and as eal pointed out, it did its job by raising awareness and interest in Fire Emblem. So Erdrick being added for the upcoming Switch version would make sense.

Personally I want this to be true, as I’m sure a lot of us do, since we’re all Dragon Quest fans. But I want to keep my expectations in check and if ends up being true, all the better. I’ve believed in leaks and “leaks,” in the past and have gotten burned for it, so I’ve adopted my Nintendo Direct philosophy: go in expecting nothing of interest, then be pleasantly surprised by the unexpected.

(Oh, and if this IS true all I ask for is a color scheme resembling DQ4’s hero.)

I’m in the same boat. It makes too much sense, I really WANT it to happen, but since it’s just rumor I don’t want to get my hopes up. So annoying.

As for colors, I think it’s possible. From the sounds of this rumor, it seems like there’ll be a bit of a Bowser Jr. like setup with 4 unique character models with 2 color schemes each. Male Erdrick, Female Erdrick, Luminary, and Ann Lucia. I could see 2P Male Erdrick possibly being the DQ1 redesign hero. I mean yeah, the classic armored design is more well known, but thinking of 3D models, the “Super Saiyan” redesign is closer in design to III’s Erdrick. Even just a quick recolor would look like the real deal.

I couldn’t think of a better 2P Female Erdrick color than a Sofia color scheme, though it wouldn’t match as close as Male Erdrick. Then have “Evil Ann Lucia” as the 2P color for her and IM NOT FAR IN XI YET SO I DONT KNOW WHAT THE LUMINARY’S COULD BE (alternate armor maybe?).

HOLY #$*! ERDRICK? From DQ3, hell yea! 

Wait it’s Erdrick from DQ11 or 3?

Edited by Reddragon18

45 minutes ago, Reddragon18 said:

HOLY #$*! ERDRICK? From DQ3, hell yea! 

Wait it’s Erdrick from DQ11 or 3?

Uh, what?

I haven't touched DQXI's post game yet, but Erdrick himself was never mentioned throughout the main story, despite every other character's name rhyming with it. (Unless there's an NPC I missed or something?)

2 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Uh, what?

I haven't touched DQXI's post game yet, but Erdrick himself was never mentioned throughout the main story, despite every other character's name rhyming with it. (Unless there's an NPC I missed or something?)

I can’t spoil you unless you want me to.

12 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Uh, what?

Don’t worry about it. You’ll get the answer soon enough as you keep playing.

14 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Uh, what?

Finish the post game.  Seriously, do it before you get spoiled.

10 minutes ago, Reddragon18 said:

I’m just hoping it’s DQ3. ERDRICK THE HERO, please don’t look at this thread I really want to talk about this?

Oh come on, you can put stuff in spoiler tags! Asking someone to leave the topic just so you can talk about something is ridiculous.

How do you put something in a spoiler tag, I wasn’t trying to be ridiculous.
[spoi1er]

Instead of 1 use an l

[/spoi1er]

13 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

[spoi1er]

Instead of 1 use an l

[/spoi1er]

There's also the "eye" symbol to the left of the bullet points symbol and to the right of the emoji symbol, in the function bar.

• Like 1

Grain of salt until confirmed but we can hope

How long is post game story? I kind of stopped right after the credits as I don't really have the time to play anymore, for the time being. The little bit of RPG time I've had (not much) I've been putting into finishing Dragon Quest X's second offline mode story (I *think* I'm almost done with it, but I'm not entirely sure - the PC version lost offline mode before I actually beat it).

6 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

How long is post game story? I kind of stopped right after the credits as I don't really have the time to play anymore, for the time being. The little bit of RPG time I've had (not much) I've been putting into finishing Dragon Quest X's second offline mode story (I *think* I'm almost done with it, but I'm not entirely sure - the PC version lost offline mode before I actually beat it).

Very short.

If Act 1 is about 60% of the story, then Act 2 is about 30%, and Act 3 is about 10%.

However, in terms of content, Act 3 is MASSIVE.  It's like DQ7 after you first defeat Orgodemir, and includes the two bonus dungeons.

I should note that the entire game is about Act 3.  That is essentially the main event.  It's also like DQ7 in that you have like 3~4 major twists, and with less foreshadowing.  Actually...yeah, Act 3 really is directly comparable to the aftermath of the first battle against Orgodemir in terms of the level of surprise that are to unfold soon after.

Oh right, the subtitle, especially the Japanese subtitle, only makes sense after Act 3 is completed.

Edited by ignasia