Sign in to follow this  
Slimeknight

Dragon’s Den ruined my Dragon Quest 11 Experience.

I never went into the Dragon Quest 11 forum for fear of spoilers.  I planned to eventually go in when I finish the game.  Today, I was browsing the forum names looking for things like Dragon Quest General and Dragon Quest Monsters when right to the right of the forum headers there was a discussion about the ending of Dragon Quest 11.  

Did you click on it? The title just says “True Ending.”

Unfortunately, there’s only so much one can reasonably try to keep a game spoiler-free without effecting their ability to discuss it themselves.

Regardless, I’m sorry that happened to you. I remember trying to avoid spoilers when all the discussion leading up to the game’s Western release was ramping up.

So you are wanting me to turn all the sidebar stuff off?

10 minutes ago, Woodus said:

So you are wanting me to turn all the sidebar stuff off?

Maybe you should just turn off the Posts thing? The one that shows the 5 most recent posts made on the Den.

5 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Maybe you should just turn off the Posts thing? The one that shows the 5 most recent posts made on the Den.

I turned off posts and topics

Is it possible to default activity streams to "condensed" instead of "expanded"? I only use the former anyway, since the latter looks like a mess, and makes it hard to get an overview over what's going on.

Btw the exact same thing was spoiled for me on this forum, before the game was even released in English 😕 In a thread that wasn't intended as a spoiler thread, too.

Edited by Sumez

3 hours ago, Sumez said:

Is it possible to default activity streams to "condensed" instead of "expanded"?

All the basic streams that are configured in the system are now set to condensed, if anyone created their own custom stream though I cannot change that.

• Like 1

Cool. That'll definitely help prevent spoilers like this in the future :)

This is silly. DQ games have had their real endings after the credits since VIII. Since VI if you wanna get technical. So what if there's a second ending. To blame the site for ruining the experience is overly dramatic.

To quote Miley Cyrus, "Ain't about how fast I get there. Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side. It's the climb."

@Dwaine The issue wasn't the title of the thread, but the fact that the forum automatically printed out a snippet from the first post in the thread. :) 

Edited by Sumez

52 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

This is silly. DQ games have had their real endings after the credits since VIII. Since VI if you wanna get technical. So what if there's a second ending. To blame the site for ruining the experience is overly dramatic.

To quote Miley Cyrus, "Ain't about how fast I get there. Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side. It's the climb."

Another thing with that topic: it’s mainly us who have posted there just speculating what the post game ending means from what it presents. You’re not going to understand it unless you see it for yourself and have context, especially since post game really changes the narrative for the entire game.

And another thing about this topic: if you saw the topic was labeled “True Ending discussion,” why did you read what the posts where then? Seeing the title of the topic should make anyone who wants to avoid spoilers go “Oh, I shouldn’t read that.”

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

On 11/16/2018 at 7:14 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

if you saw the topic was labeled “True Ending discussion,” why did you read what the posts where then? Seeing the title of the topic should make anyone who wants to avoid spoilers go “Oh, I shouldn’t read that.”

That's how it's worked for me. (I resolved to myself not to get involved with DQ11 until I finish my obese backlog of unplayed games). Never bothered me much.