Sign in to follow this  
eal

Hello, Everyone!

I don’t believe I ever actually made one of these topics when I first joined over 8 years ago. I’m pretty sure I just jumped right in. So in honor of 12,000 posts, I’m making an introduction post.

I first found out about the Den while looking up recipes and quest details and the like for IX. I realized that, 9/10 times, I’d end up here more then anywhere else for info. I poked my head into the forums and saw that a contest was going on for the Buy IX badge and that spurred me on to join. I remember the old post count ranking system using various types of Slimes.

I first discovered Dragon Quest in a way similar to how the first generation of fans did: a magazine. Except instead of a free copy in Nintendo Power, it was a demo in Shonen Jump. I replayed the demo for VIII endlessly leading up to Christmas the year it came out, and I still have it to this day. Ironically, I didn’t actually beat VIII until a little over two years ago.

I look forward to being an active member of this community!

Hi, nice to meet you.

I wonder how many of the regulars forgot to post an intro thread.

I don’t remember Yangus ever making one but I think he did one retroactively(?). Platty definitely made one when he returned.

Welcome aboard! Watch your step, don't fall off the thread, and you'll do fine!

Platty left?

He wasn’t around when I first joined, and when he returned, he had apparently not been active for a couple years, but he actually had like 8,000 posts before leaving, because his post count was restored. I think he made a new account. I remember seeing his username being text that you couldn’t click next to any of his posts, like his account was totally deleted or something but his posts remained up.

It was a ways back so I’m fuzzy on it, but I’m sure @Plattym3 remembers better then I do.

Platty left?
Divorce. Dating. Engagement. It all took some time to get through.

He wasn’t around when I first joined, and when he returned, he had apparently not been active for a couple years, but he actually had like 8,000 posts before leaving, because his post count was restored. I think he made a new account. I remember seeing his username being text that you couldn’t click next to any of his posts, like his account was totally deleted or something but his posts remained up.
It was a ways back so I’m fuzzy on it, but I’m sure [mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention] remembers better then I do.
Yeah, you might encounter one of my 8000ish posts. I think the username is guest_plattym3 and it's grey like @eal said.

We bite

1 hour ago, eal said:

I don’t remember Yangus ever making one but I think he did one retroactively(?). Platty definitely made one when he returned.

I made one back when I first joined. Let’s see if I can find the link for it.

Edit: Found it. And look, 5 years later and I still don’t like Dragon Quest IX!

https://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27137-yangus-joins-the-den/

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Bite him @Democrobot

What’s funny is that your post in my intro topic is you saying “You had me at ‘COR BLIMEY.’”

The Twinsies were meant to be from the moment I joined the Den.

• Like 1

What’s funny is that your post in my intro topic is you saying “You had me at ‘COR BLIMEY.’”

The Twinsies were meant to be from the moment I joined the Den.

Holey moley! I donut even remember that! Cool find! e059c1defe2bedea08e5248b5bd355e0.jpg&key=69f62ab2bbc0bc6993bb97c05aafb191076718a8a5be6ebb8b04877abd54a8af

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Holey moley! I donut even remember that! Cool find! e059c1defe2bedea08e5248b5bd355e0.jpg&key=69f62ab2bbc0bc6993bb97c05aafb191076718a8a5be6ebb8b04877abd54a8af

When both of us have retired we need to open a donut shop.

7 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

And look, 5 years later and I still don’t like Dragon Quest IX!

Well, there's no accounting for taste.

Welcome to the Den! And congratulations on your 12,000 posts.

Hello again for the first time ;)