AustNerevar

DQXI True Ending Questions (Post-Game Spoilers)

image.png.aea815b87382092790cd6bb7e38cc5f4.png
Anyone else let down by how little these guys seemed to play a part in the story?
I'm let down as well.

But I have some hope that the Yocchi content that was exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version will makes its way to Dragon Quest XI S, and maybe we'll learn more about the Yoochi.
  • Like 1

From what I have read in the 3DS version there is a sidequest with them and that is how you get access to the older game areas, hopefully that comes across in the switch verison

17 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

But I have some hope that the Yocchi content that was exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version will makes its way to Dragon Quest XI S, and maybe we'll learn more about the Yoochi.

Odd I didn't see your comment before I posted mine, but I hope so as well

• Like 1

From what I have read in the 3DS version there is a sidequest with them and that is how you get access to the older game areas, hopefully that comes across in the switch verison

Fortunately, that quest is confirmed to be coming to Dragon Quest XI S, but not without changes.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Odd I didn't see your comment before I posted mine, but I hope so as well

It is. One of the articles I’ve shared in another topic talked about how all the past DQ game quests will be present in the Switch version, along with some new quests.

The Yocchi Spirits needed more exposure in the game. The 3DS version introduces them right before you reach Hotto along with the Yocchi Village.

My opinion, they should have been treated like the Kodama we see in Princess Mononoke: we see them all over the place, but once the world falls to ruin you see they are either weakening or straight up “dying” until balance is restored at the end of the game. Obviously the time travel event at the end of Act 2 would resolve that issue, but imagine that because you stopped Mordegon and thus removed the darkness from the world, the Yocchi Spirits slowly begin to return, which would lead to the Tower of Time.

The order of events might have needed to be re-written a bit, but seeing the little guys slowly disappear from the world in Act 2 only for them to begin to return based on your actions would make the player realize they have something to do with the world of Erdrea itself. It would at least show in the PS4/Steam versions that they have some significance long before you find out what they really are, thanks to some visual storytelling.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Doesn't the Yocchi content use Streetpass? I honestly couldn't see it being added without that being changed at the very least. 

I think so, too, which is probably why Square Enix mentioned that changes would be made when bringing a Nintendo 3DS exclusive quest (where you visit previous Dragon Quest universes) to Dragon Quest XI S.