Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

Update 1.01 Available for PS4/Steam versions

There’s an update for the two western versions, version 1.01. Below are the details.

“Hey everyone,

We hope you’ve been enjoying your time in Erdrea since DRAGON QUEST XI launched a few weeks ago! Today we’ve be released a free, downloadable update for both the PlayStation 4 and Steam versions of DRAGON QUEST XI, and here are a list of improvements we’ve made to the game.

PlayStation 4

We’ve identified a bug which can sometimes cause the game to crash when the player is 300m away from their horse on the field, this has been fixed.

People’s names (such as “Robert”) have been removed from the list of prohibited words when selecting the main character’s name at the beginning of the game.

Multiple text bugs have been fixed.

Steam

We’ve identified a bug which can sometimes cause the game to crash when the player is 300m away from their horse on the field, this has been fixed.

Players are now able to send log data to the DRAGON QUEST XI development team in cases where the game crashes.

Players are able to choose between three (Low, Medium, High) pre-set graphic settings before launching the game (see below for details).

People’s names (such as “Robert”) have been removed from the list of prohibited words when selecting the main character’s name at the beginning of the game.

Multiple text bugs have been fixed.

It’s now possible to move the command selection cursor using the left stick, and by extension WASD on keyboards, with very few exceptions in certain screens.

It’s now possible to select which key exits the game (by default this is set to Esc) and it’s also possible to bind the Esc key to a different function.

More frame rate options have been added; 90 fps, 120 fps, 144 fps as well as the option to leave the frame rate unlocked.

Finally, we’ve seen a number of questions about the in-game language in the Steam version of DRAGON QUEST XI. It’s possible to change the in-game language by changing the language setting of Steam itself.

Full details on pre-set graphics settings:

Low

Antialiasing Quality: None

Post-Processing Quality: None

Shadow Quality: None

Screen Percentage: 65%

Display Mode: Windowed

Resolution: 1280*720

Medium

Antialiasing Quality: 3

Post-Processing Quality: 2

Shadow Quality: 2

Screen Percentage: 83%

Display Mode: Full-Screen

Resolution: 1920*1080

High

Antialiasing Quality: 6

Post-Processing Quality: 3

Shadow Quality: 3

Screen Percentage: 100%

Display Mode: Full-Screen

Resolution: 1920*1080

Thanks for reading, and we hope you continue to enjoy playing DRAGON QUEST XI,

The DRAGON QUEST XI team”

https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/dragon-quest-xi-patch-announcement

This is...awesome. And shocking for SE to actually listen to the community.

Actually, I'm kind of upset. This breaks my mods, and there's no way to launch the game without updating. I guess I just won't finish Dragon Quest XI. I was so close, too (I think).

I hadn't thought of that. I don't think i can go back to the MiDI music after playing with Orchestral for so long.

Were the mods only for the music?

C'mon, guys. Doesn't the story deserve closure, even with MIDI?

• Like 1

I mean I'm still going to finish the post game. It'll just be less impactful.

The reason why the mod broke was the game updated the main exe and how the mod works was that the exe was hacked in order for the game to use the music mod. 

Yeah hopefully the team releases a new .exe before I finish the post game.

Actually, I'm kind of upset. This breaks my mods, and there's no way to launch the game without updating. I guess I just won't finish Dragon Quest XI. I was so close, too (I think).
Wonder if that in any way played a part in this... a little to modders.

Any update to the exe will break these mods. Its unavoidable.

Fortunately, it should be an easy fix for the mod devs.

1 hour ago, Cesar Hernandez-Meraz said:

Were the mods only for the music?

Mostly. And I can see why the company would want to disable it. Sugiyama Kobo seems to put a bunch of restrictions and royalties on the music. The fact that it was easily modded may have been a liability to the company.

• Like 1

Mostly. And I can see why the company would want to disable it. Sugiyama Kobo seems to put a bunch of restrictions and royalties on the music. The fact that it was easily modded may have been a liability to the company.
The actual mod part is the exe. The music files whilst currently still a part of the download files for the mod needn't be a part of it. The mod makers aren't breaking copyright by releasing the modified exe. Presumably in the future the exe will be the only thing offered by the Orchestral mod devs and youll go to a pirate site to get the modified music files.

I'll add though that the music files they packaged with the dlaod aren't something you can just put on am mp4 player. They are encrypted and only are compatible with the game. So theres no point in committing the Act of piracy to obtain them unless you're doing so to use them in the game mod.

The mod doesn't even modify the EXE directly. It's a DLL hook. Basically, the mod just sits there in the same folder and tells the game that it is DirectX, and when DirectX is called, it takes control to do it's thing, and then passes control on to the real DirectX.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

So OOM creators have a fix. Coincidentally, they have an EXE up for download. I believe this is just the release version EXE, though I can't say for sure.

• Like 1

I get screen tearing setting the FPS above 30 and using 1080p supersampled from 1440p (I set the percentage to 200%). Using a GTX 1070 on a gsync monitor. Is there a way to fix it?

Sad to see that it doesn't improve graphic cards' FPS .....