Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Possible Western DQX?

17 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Also why get upset over this? It’s just a possibility, not a guarantee.

Welcome to the Internet. Specifically, welcome to gaming discussions.

32 minutes ago, eal said:

Welcome to the Internet. Specifically, welcome to gaming discussions.

That’s why I don’t get into game discussions besides here.

DQX would be fantastic in the West. [EDIT: Its] absence has been a sore sticking point.

On 10/9/2018 at 1:46 PM, MKVarana said:

Think of X as the logical evolution of what they did in 9 with it's multiplayer, and less as a usual MMO.

Bingo.

On 10/9/2018 at 2:14 PM, Stuner50 said:

Because i want the full experiencie.

We all want the full experience. Most of us are willing to take something.

Here's the deal: you're trying to negotiate from nothing, in a market that the DQ franchise has historically been willing to ignore and has managed to convince itself might only technically be profitable (which is mostly their fault, admittedly), and the only thing you're bringing to the table is that you're going to stick your nose up in the air and not buy if you don't get what you want.

Keep threatening to not buy, and you will only be encouraging SQEX to not sell. Quite possibly ever again.

Edited by JaybirdC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JaybirdC said:

DQX would be fantastic in the West. It's absence has been a sore sticking point.

Bingo.

Here's the deal: you're trying to negotiate from nothing, in a market that the DQ franchise has historically been willing to ignore and has managed to convince itself might only technically be profitable (which is mostly their fault, admittedly), and the only thing you're bringing to the table is that you're going to stick your nose up in the air and not buy if you don't get what you want.

Keep threatening to not buy, and you will only encouraging SQEX to not sell. Quite possibly ever again.

What he said.

• Like 1

Its not very likely its even a possibility. Just a rumor really.

• Like 1

Someone call the French and have them convince Yuji Horii to have this idea happen.

• Like 3

Someone call the French and have them convince Yuji Horii to have this idea happen.
They should write him a letter. That'll nail it.

Online games always have these design elements that encourage way stretched out grinding, collecting, and rewards for coming back every day and such. Stuff that doesn't really add to the game at all, but essentially they need people to play the game forever to ensure a steady income, supporting the upkeep of the game. It's very good at getting people addicted to the game, but it's just not fun game design.

I can't speak for DQX since I haven't played it, but I'm certain it has at least some of that (FFXIV is filled to the brim with it), and I can only imagine that an offline version allowing them to purge it of that kind of stuff, would make it a better game.
Most online games I've played usually end up just feeling like a single player game with a live chat attached anyway.

11 hours ago, JaybirdC said:

DQX would be fantastic in the West. [EDIT: Its] absence has been a sore sticking point.

Bingo.

Keep threatening to not buy, and you will only encouraging SQEX to not sell. Quite possibly ever again.

I'm not going to buy a donwgraded product not matter what franchise is.

If you're going to buy it good for you but don't try to sell it to people who are tired of SE shitty business practices.

They can try to sell me this downgraded product all they want, i'm not going to buy it.

SE has nothing to do with this idea. It was something mentioned by a DQ dev.

7 minutes ago, Stuner50 said:

If you're going to buy it good for you but don't try to sell it to people who are tired of SE shitty business practices.

They can try to sell me this downgraded product all they want, i'm not going to buy it.

"Downgraded"

An offline version sounds like a blessing. No "LF DRAGON QUEST GF" or "U SUX AT THIS RAID KYS." Yes, it comes down to taste but to say an offline version is a downgrade is a subjective statement.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stuner50 said:

“Downgraded” is a subjective point of view. 

Some people would say that, despite not being the prettiest version, a graphical downgrade, Skyrim is best on Switch because it’s portable.

10 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Pas de soucis, on s'en occupe ! o7

Playing an offline version of DQX is what I've been wanting since the game initial release. It'd be easy : just add the possibility to recruit hand-made characters (like in DQIII and IX), and go through the game's bosses like a champ.

Tho I'm rather curious as of how they'd change the early game concepts for an offline adventure, especially the "pick a tribe" thingy. Sure it'd offer a nice way to play the game several times, but it'll probably be boring as #$*! soon enough. I'm also rather curious about how they would implement the already offline content in a offline game. 🤔

Other than that I'm in. I can already see DQX's gameplay being similar to FFXII (da best one), with a system akin to the Gambit system. Personalizable IA for the allies, and the possibility to select their individuals action whenever you want. 

21 minutes ago, Xiggy said:

Personalizable IA for the allies

Yes, your party members should have a personalized Iowa. @Woodusand I can get behind that idea.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

With all the stupid arguments going on in our group the last few days this comment doesn’t surprise me.

Also why get upset over this? It’s just a possibility, not a guarantee.

That Erik Derrick guy is a pretty notorious Facebook gamer troll. Whenever I've seen his name come up on various DQ or turn-based rpg related FB groups it's always to crap all over something. I wouldn't take him too seriously.

21 minutes ago, Liamland said:

That Erik Derrick guy is a pretty notorious Facebook gamer troll. Whenever I've seen his name come up on various DQ or turn-based rpg related FB groups it's always to crap all over something. I wouldn't take him too seriously.

The name sounds like a DQ NPC though.

1 hour ago, Liamland said:

Hmmm... time to ban.  Not like I don't have 4400 others.

10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Hmmm... time to ban.

That is fun to do to the trouble makers.

An offline version is absolutely an upgrade

• Upvote 1

I'd be down for an offline version.

I dunno if anyone’s made this point but some day, probably several decades from now, but some day nonetheless, the servers for X will go down. And then as far as I’m aware that game will be basically unplayable. One less game you won’t be able to legally or officially play anymore. An offline version would help to preserve that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I dunno if anyone’s made this point but some day, probably several decades from now, but some day nonetheless, the servers for X will go down. And then as far as I’m aware that game will be basically unplayable. One less game you won’t be able to legally or officially play anymore. An offline version would help to preserve that.
That's my problem with most online games. One day they'll be gone.
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
1 hour ago, eal said:

There are few situations as extreme, but we all remember what happened to P.T.

But the last two generations of gaming have a small graveyard of dead games all because the servers were shut down. And there are even more games that have a large swath of features that are totally gone now that the servers are offline. #$*!, man, there are some items and costumes I’ll never get in Gravity Rush 2 because the online features are gone.

Edited by eal

12 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

That is my problem with any online, DLC, digital download game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/10/2018 at 8:49 PM, eal said:

There are few situations as extreme, but we all remember what happened to P.T.

But the last two generations of gaming have a small graveyard of dead games all because the servers were shut down. And there are even more games that have a large swath of features that are totally gone now that the servers are offline. #$*!, man, there are some items and costumes I’ll never get in Gravity Rush 2 because the online features are gone.

Yeah, sadly this affected DQIX from my collection. If they end up making a mobile port of it I hope they fix this broken part of the game.

• Like 1