Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Possible Western DQX?

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/10/09/dragon-quest-producer-wants-to-bring-dragon-quest-x-to-the-west-possibly-an-offline-version/

During the Super Dragon Quest X TV Fall Festival 10-Hour Special 2018 broadcast, Dragon Quest executive producer Yu Miyake talked about wanting to make an offline version, and possible for the West. [Thanks, Gamestalk.]

Back in August 25, 2018, Yosuke Saito, who retired from his position as the producer of the game, stated that Dragon Quest X is packed with excellent stories that even lineup with the conventional Dragon Quest series. Saito said “We talk about an offline version here and there, but I don’t think it’s impossible. It’d be great if we could introduce it to customers.”

In the live stream, Yu Miyake touched on the subject of Dragon Quest’s state in the West saying “Dragon Quest X hasn’t released overseas,” and “The 3DS games weren’t that popular overseas, and some folks jumped from Dragon Quest VIII all the way to Dragon Quest XI.”

“Dragon Quest X has plenty of rich stories, and I want to make something to share it with others, including those overseas,” said Miyake, about possibly making an offline version of the MMORPG title.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/10/09/dragon-quest-producer-wants-to-bring-dragon-quest-x-to-the-west-possibly-an-offline-version/#s5dhH1EY3RO5RRSs.99

Taking out the Multiplayer entirely would be limiting, but if they're able to make a non-subscription version I'd definitely play it.

Interesting that they say the portables under-perform here. I've never really looked at the DS/3DS sales figures vs. their projected revenue.

• Like 1

I really hope this happens. I’m not huge on MMOs, but I’d be more than satisfied with a full offline version if we can get the full game and the expansions.

This might be a big seller in Japan as well, since DQX was not a week 1 million seller with long lines. I never made a huge issue of no DQX over here since it was the first and only DQ title over there that didn't cause a mass stir. Several years and multiple platforms put it at a million sold, and 300,000 regular players is great, but it was definitely the oddball.

My above text was jumbled for some reason.  

Edited by redneckpride4ever
text is jumbling up

A full offline version is what I've been wanting since I learned of X.

Yes! I consider the prospect of an offline version of DQX even more appealing than that of an official English release. It would be like an entirely new -traditional- Dragon Quest game, for free!

Wow, this might just be speculation as of now, but it's extremely interesting news.

• Upvote 1

While the thought of an offline version of an MMO is cool, most MMOs dont really have much of a story and Im assuming DQX is the same. What exactly could there be in an offline version if its not totally redone?

I would much prefer the MMO form myself as I love the genre and am itching to get back into another one.

I'd rather see an offline version of DQX.

And... free? Why would it be free?

That's sounds a terrible idea.

An offline Dragon Quest X will be extremelly boring, i want to play with my friends and meet new people that's why DQX is a fun MMO, because of the interaction the game has between users.

Edited by Stuner50

The problem with an online MMO is cost of translation and maintaining the number of servers required for a western release.  It would need to bring a lot sales more than the franchise has ever seen for a western release. I just don't think it'll bring the numbers for it to be successful.

11 minutes ago, RyuKisargi said:

And... free? Why would it be free?

"Free" as in the game basically exists already. You wouldn't need to wait 5 years for another one.

1 minute ago, sounderfan84 said:

The problem with an online MMO is cost of translation and maintaining the number of servers required for a western release.  It would need to bring a lot sales more than the franchise has ever seen for a western release. I just don't think it'll bring the numbers for it to be successful.

Then just let American and Europan players play DQX without VPN.

Not need to make some boring offline DQX.

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I really hope this happens. I’m not huge on MMOs, but I’d be more than satisfied with a full offline version if we can get the full game and the expansions.

I feel the same way. I would love a offline version of DQX. They can make it like DQIX/DQIII in which you go to a tavern and completely customize/make your party to go along with your main character.

Of course they would need to rebalance the game for offline play I don’t think people would invest the same amount of time they normally would in a MMORPG if it was offline only. So boost up the exp,money,loot gain.

22 minutes ago, Soera said:

While the thought of an offline version of an MMO is cool, most MMOs dont really have much of a story and Im assuming DQX is the same. What exactly could there be in an offline version if its not totally redone?

I would much prefer the MMO form myself as I love the genre and am itching to get back into another one.

This is not the case with DQX.  It has as expansive and engaging of a story as you would expect from a proper DQ game.

Think of X as the logical evolution of what they did in 9 with it's multiplayer, and less as a usual MMO.

As a player of DQX, I'm very glad they are considering this.  It would be a shame for its story to be lost when the game unfortunately ends service.  It would need to be rebalanced and the combat would need to be altered a bit, but it would definitely be a good thing to have.

Edited by MKVarana
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stuner50 said:

Then just let American and Europan players play DQX without VPN.

Not need to make some boring offline DQX.

Why are you against making it accessible for people to play and enjoy even if its SP.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sounderfan84 said:

Why are you against making it accessible for people to play and enjoy even if its SP.

Because i want the full experiencie.

I want this game to come out in English in whatever form it might exist as just so I can start to see the flood (well, drizzle, it’s Dragon Quest after all) of Tumblr and DeviantArt drawings.

Would the offline version be a test to see if the investment would be worth it for a online version? That's what it seems like to me. Test the waters with an offline mode, ya know?

I find it funny for maybe the first time ever there's a hint DQX in English. And already the ungrateful fans come out of the woodwork.

Guess it doesn't much matter, because
e37802778fe035669d35c780c669897c.jpg

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

I find it funny for maybe the first time ever there's a hint DQX in English. And already the ungrateful fans come out of the woodwork. emoji2961.png

e37802778fe035669d35c780c669897c.jpg

Where are the ungrateful fan comments? In our Facebook group?

I find it funny for maybe the first time ever there's a hint DQX in English. And already the ungrateful fans come out of the woodwork.

e37802778fe035669d35c780c669897c.jpg&key=5f6fb32576f20926fb34b3c440112e4c0f72d93ff82e1ee3f9b6525357cd2e1c
Who's being ungrateful.

Who's being ungrateful.
You don't know of the reverse Platty curse! It shouldn't be spoken of, but things I say won't come usually do. This goes back to... I think even before DQ7 3ds.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
7 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
Who's being ungrateful.

You don't know of the reverse Platty curse! It shouldn't be spoken of, but things I say won't come usually do. This goes back to... I think even before DQ7 3ds.

No I mean that literally. Who is being ungrateful?

I've been here for five years. I know how Plattys work by now.

No I mean that literally. Who is being ungrateful?

6e070600a87c220d4b464b513a61873e.jpg
Where are the ungrateful fan comments? In our Facebook group?
Our group's very first comment. 203734ca918b2157f058e376864d1318.jpg
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Our group's very first comment. 203734ca918b2157f058e376864d1318.jpg

With all the stupid arguments going on in our group the last few days this comment doesn’t surprise me.

Also why get upset over this? It’s just a possibility, not a guarantee.

• Like 1