Sign in to follow this  
Sackchief

*Rumor* A group is secretly working on a DQXI 3DS translation

Yeah I'm not buying the legitimacy of it either after going over that thread. Those screens were pretty fake.

Also, the whole concept seemed strange. When an official script exists, why make your own?

It’s real. I can confirm. I’ve talked to some trustworthy people and it’s happening. That’s all I know.

It’s real. I can confirm. I’ve talked to some trustworthy people and it’s happening. That’s all I know.
If thats all you know then how can you confirm?

If thats all you know then how can you confirm?

I’ll double check with my guy. I actually just read the gbatemp thread and it doesn’t look good lol.

Okay I’ve checked with him and it is still happening. For reference the person I’m talking to is on the OOM team, so this is a trustworthy source.

Sadly it looks like the fan translation is likely fake news.
Regardless of plausibility, (which now I have my doubts), the source in the linked thread claimed to have received c&d from Square Enix and halted the project.  Suspiciously this claim came quickly after users pointed out suspicious details about the translation screenies.
I personally find the claim suspicious because history suggests it's extremely rare that Square Enix pays any attention to DQ fan translations.
Ditto at the end. The only example I can think of is the DQVII 3DS project, which got canned because Squeenix C&D'd right before deciding they were doing it themselves. They've stated they're not doing DQXI so unless they see it as a rival for the Switch version, what the hell do they care?

26 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Ditto at the end. The only example I can think of is the DQVII 3DS project, which got canned because Squeenix C&D'd right before deciding they were doing it themselves. They've stated they're not doing DQXI so unless they see it as a rival for the Switch version, what the hell do they care?

How on earth would the 3DS version be a rival to the Switch version? The Switch version is going to be based on the PS4 version (I HIGHLY doubt with how long it’s been under wraps it’s going to just be an upscaled 3DS version), and the 3DS version has a lot of different content compared to the console version.

But this is Square Enix. They only self published 4 games on the 3DS during the last 7 years after all. They just don’t have faith in the handheld, unlike the DS before it where they gave it a lot of support.

How on earth would the 3DS version be a rival to the Switch version? The Switch version is going to be based on the PS4 version (I HIGHLY doubt with how long it’s been under wraps it’s going to just be an upscaled 3DS version), and the 3DS version has a lot of different content compared to the console version.
But this is Square Enix. They only self published 4 games on the 3DS during the last 7 years after all. They just don’t have faith in the handheld, unlike the DS before it where they gave it a lot of support.
Yep, exactly. I don't see that as the case, so I think it's BS they got a C&D unless the lawyers had a slow work day.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:38 AM, ErdrickVII said:

Sadly it looks like the fan translation is likely fake news.

Regardless of plausibility, (which now I have my doubts), the source in the linked thread claimed to have received c&d from Square Enix and halted the project.  Suspiciously this claim came quickly after users pointed out suspicious details about the translation screenies.

I personally find the claim suspicious because history suggests it's extremely rare that Square Enix pays any attention to DQ fan translations.

Squenix tends not to care about fan translations in general unless they have their own translation coming out shortly, such as with Type-0.

sorry to bump an old thread, but..

is this DQ11 still going?

the switch version is coming out soon, but this is the one version I'm REALLY stocked for.

I love the 3ds 3d designs and the seamless 3d-2D transition.

2 hours ago, pakodx said:

sorry to bump an old thread, but..

is this DQ11 still going?

the switch version is coming out soon, but this is the one version I'm REALLY stocked for.

I love the 3ds 3d designs and the seamless 3d-2D transition.

Given the Switch has 2D-mode, and the 3DS Yochi Village sidequest (though I don't know if we're getting Yochi Dungeon, or if they're doing something like story hand-outs for the past DQ points), I would guess they're pulling out and not doing anything, assuming it was really happening in the first place.

They would likely have to wait a bit, because Nintendo would likely come after them, which is very different from SE.  Nintendo is far more aggressive.