Dragon Quest 3 Remix Monster Animations

Woodus

Thanks to rpgking :thumbsup::thumbsup: for sending me animated GIF files of all of the monster battle animations from Dragon Quest III SFC Remix.

I added the battle animations to the Dragon Quest 3 Remix section. The list is just text links to the image files (I tried to list them all, but it would take a loooong time for some people ;))

Monster Battle Animations

From the Readme from the files:

Dragon Quest III Super Famicom Animated GIF Set

===============================================

Credits:

Animated GIF Creation: Robin Pillai(rpgking)

DQ3 Monster Ripping: rpgking, MageSlime, wolfnfox, neb

---------------------------------------------------------

Alright, here's the complete set of Dragon Quest III SFC animated

GIFS. These are animations for every action of every monster, and

they are named according to their MONSTER MEDAL ORDER from DQ3GBC. 

So although there are 146 monsters, there are 312 animations total(311

of which are in this GIF set. There is a Divinegon magic animation

that can only be emulated through code).  Anyway, hopefully this will

be useful to someone, or atleast fun to look at :P It took me countless

hours of tedium(spread across a few months, total) to get all these

perfect, but I think it was worth it in the end. ;) Oh, and my thanks

goes out to the people who helped rip the animations into the original

DWL format(from which I converted to GIF).

-rpgking

Naming Conventions

===================

I named the files in this format:  MonsterName-[Action]

Possible Actions:

-----------------

Attack - Normal attack of the monster

Attack2 - An extra attack the monster may have

Brutal Attack - The critical hit of the monster

PoisonAttack - A monster's poison-laced attack

StunAttack - A monster's paralysis-inducing attack

SleepAttack - A monster's sleep-inducing attack

Magic - The spell casting animation of the monster

Call - The animation that plays when the monster calls another monster

Breath - The animation for a monster's breath attack

Hehe. It looks like you've found a great way to put these up and still manage to please those who have 56k modems :P Oh, and thank you for taking the time/effort to display these in a nice table format. :)

;) Thank you for making these rpgking. I love all of these especially the Zoma and Baramos animations. A full four :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: to thee. :biggrin:

Doesn't bother me, and I don't think rpgking will mind.

That is fine, until it kills my monthly transfer limit ;) But I am no where near it right now :)

You should be fine for those little ones, like I said, I still have half my trasfer allotment avaliable each month, so I am doing OK ;)

Heh, whoops, maybe I shouldn't have said that. I was just thinking that since it was within the same site it would load faster, but I didn't consider the bandwidth usage :female: Sorry splushie. You could link to that image on your own server, as your idea was the smart thing to do. Don't mind my one-sided thinking. :baa: Woodus is the main man here and I wouldn't wanna eat up his bandwidth. :thumbsup:

I don't think these would dramatically add to the load, it's not like they are 1MB movies or anything ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, do you have pictures of all the characters from the super nintendo remix. I have been looking for weeks. :D

Well these are from the DQ 3 Super Famicom Remix version, or did you mean artwork over sprites?

character class sprites, I am sorry for not specifying :blush2: .

These are extremely easy to rip. Just use ZSNES, and remove all the layers except layer 5(sprite layer). Then Press F1 to take a screenshot. Do this for every frame.

Oh, and Woodus is back! :thumbsup:

;) Yeah I noticed that!! Welcome back dude!! :thumbsup:

I think VaAllstar should read your post rpgking, seeing as how he's trying to make character sprites for his RPG.

hmm nope I dont think he knows how t make character sets sense when i talk to him on aol he said he didnt know. Atleast i think. Thanx to wonderslime for explaining this to me i get character sets and RPGking explained tilesets or atlease where to get them :)

You misunderstood me. I know how to rip character sprites from ZSNES easily, as this is what I did for my game. The thing is, I have no idea how rm2k characters sets are formatted, because I don't use rm2k.

I do not have a copy of the rom. :cry:

Sound advice, I will try that. :thumbsup:

Google it is always good advice :P

rpgking, how long did it take to do all those? :S

I downloaded the Tech Demo of DWL and... well it plays I guess, i hear music and can press buttons and hear button sounds :P but the screen is black and I can't exit. What the Hades did i do wrong?

;) I can't seem to get the game to work at all. Is there something special that I need to get the game to run? Do I need to download verge?
Google it is always good advice :P 

rpgking, how long did it take to do all those? :S

I downloaded the Tech Demo of DWL and... well it plays I guess, i hear music and can press buttons and hear button sounds :P but the screen is black and I can't exit.  What the Hades did i do wrong?

It took me about 1 month to rip all the monster animations, because it was sort of a community effort. But to actually convert them to GIFs took a good 6 months of working on/off. :/

Oh, and I think I know what your's and Slime Master's problem is(You don't need any other programs. DWL will work by itself). For some reason, certain video cards have trouble working with Verge2's 320 x 240 full screen mode. So you guys will have to run it in window mode for it to work.

Setting it to window mode is easy. Open up USER.CFG, and you'll see a line that says "windowmode 0". Change that to "windowmode 1" and you should be good to go. Hopefully your desktop resolution's not too big because it'll be running in a 320 x 240 pixel window... I should've added a troubleshooting section to the ReadMe, as you're not the only ones who've brought up this issue.

Archived