Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

DQM2 3DS translation progress stopped.

Darn. After amazing times with Terry's Wonderland and Joker 3 this year I was hoping... 67220542ad6a7bc3677514a33a8432c3.jpg

NOOOOOOOO! I want a fan translation of Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 3DS SO BAD. It’s the game that made me a Dragon Warrior/Quest fan!

• Like 1

Just after I hacked my 3DS. Sounds about right

NOOOOOOOO! I want a fan translation of Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 3DS SO BAD. It’s the game that made me a Dragon Warrior/Quest fan!
The key system was so fun! It's the game I probably spent the most time with on GBC, actually breeding or catching every monster in the game.

Just now, Plattym3 said:
7 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The key system was so fun! It's the game I probably spent the most time with on GBC, actually breeding or catching every monster in the game.

See, I’m the same way. Unfortunately I didn’t have a link cable so I could transfer/breed stuff between the two versions, but I still played both trying to get as much as I could. I made the most progress in Tara’s version.

Just after I hacked my 3DS. Sounds about right
How'd you do that? Follow a guide? How hard was it?

Been a couple months and I still can't figure out if I should hack my extra 3DS or extra Vita.

How'd you do that? Follow a guide? How hard was it?

Been a couple months and I still can't figure out if I should hack my extra 3DS or extra Vita.
It wasn't hard, it was just a lengthy process. There's a guide that tells you everything to do. Obviously, you have to make sure you do everything correctly or brick your system.

Works great though. Imported XI just for this and I installed Terrys Wonderland the other night. Haven't had much time to play either though as I'm trying to finish up XI on PC.

If you're interested, here's the guide I used:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started

• Like 1

I feel like I should get the fan translation for Terry’s Wonderland. I was enjoying the game but just stopped for whatever reason. Language barrier wasn’t the issue either, but having all the text in English would be nice.

• Like 1

I feel like I should get the fan translation for Terry’s Wonderland. I was enjoying the game but just stopped for whatever reason. Language barrier wasn’t the issue either, but having all the text in English would be nice.
Loved it. Basically 99%'d the game with every post-game thing complete and all but 1 of the optional travelers gates completed. Couldn't beat Estark, mainly because I didn't have anyone able to cast sleep, and I didn't want to grind to get that ability bred in with Joker 3 looking me in the face.

I could never get into Joker 2. Is Joker 3 any different?

Oh yeah. I read your review already. Guess I asked a stupid question.

Oh yeah. I read your review already. Guess I asked a stupid question.
Nah. We all read 1000 things a day. It really was quite fun. I wish there were more people playing it to bounce questions off of and such. I didn't do post-game. It's a lot like the other Joker games in terms of island hopping, but some great new mechanics!

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

HI there. I've desperately been trying to find some way to "safely" hack my console too, and your link does look promising. However, there's mentions of "stock 2DS". I assume that's the first 2DS, the one you can't fold onto itself (Google search didn't help sadly). Is this compatible with New 2DSXL? :c

I'd really like to success in installing something to allow me playing English patched Japanese games and GBA games too. 

Man, this sucks.

Wish I could've been more help to the team, but my own life has been rather hectic this year (I was homeless/couchsurfing for a few months, not anymore but I'm still in the process of getting my life back together).

Unfortunately I lack the skills needed at this point anyway, but I do wish Helmax and the team the very best of luck. Hopefully someone with the right skills (or the time to learn them) comes along soon.

I'm not dead, jeez.  Believe it or not, I started on Terry's Wonderland a long, long time before we announced anything about it.  It took me many months, several times, to overcome all the hurdles to get to a playable point.  Every now and again, I would run into another month long stumbling block.  I just need to find time to get back on this again. 

• Like 1