Sign in to follow this  
Madrigal

Dragon Quest XII Possible Names

Dragon Quest XII - The Lost Songs of the Celestrians

Dragon Quest XII - The Great Mountain of Judgement

Dragon Quest XII - The Forest of the High Elves

Dragon Quest XII - The Grand Forge of the Dwarven King

Dragon Quest XII - The Ethereal Realm of the Faeries

It has to have an alliteration, remember that.

• Upvote 1

Dragon Quest XII: Online Only, Just in Japan :ga_rolleyes:

• Like 3

Dragon Quest XII isn't going to happen til 2021 at earliest, so there's a long way to go.

I can wait. *starts waiting*

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, Sackchief said:

I can wait. *starts waiting*

I know... XI just came out and I'm already fiending for Dragon Quest XII, I feel like a Dragon Quest Drug Addict.... *Twitch* *Twitch*

Wow, 2021 would be much earlier than I personally dare hope. Imagine having another Dragon Quest game while I'm still in my 30s 😮 

Dragon Quest XII: Subtitles Aren’t Usually Generic in This Franchise so We Need to Wait to See What it’s About Before We Start Coming Up with Subtitles.

But, you know, with some alliteration.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, eal said:

Dragon Quest XII: Subtitles Aren’t Usually Generic in This Franchise so We Need to Wait to See What it’s About Before We Start Coming Up with Subtitles.

But, you know, with some alliteration.

True, but I was thinking that hardly any of the DQ games feature any elves or dwarves in them.  I kind of think it would be interesting to see a dragon quest that had them involved with the plot.  Also one thing I think would be cool is to have the hero come from a family with a son and a daughter and depending upon who you decide to choose to play as, the story is slightly more different along with the companions you meet.  Kind of like Star Ocean 2 how if you play as Rene or Claude you get different characters to join you although you encounter them all.  I also think that if they ever decide to remake IV that it would be interesting to embellish the story a bit with the hero finding out they have a long lost sibling including the other choice for the hero to be available.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, Sumez said:

Wow, 2021 would be much earlier than I personally dare hope. Imagine having another Dragon Quest game while I'm still in my 30s 😮 

I agree, that would be fantastic,  I hope they have at least started on the concepts of XII or at least decided upon which DQ game they want to remake.  If they do remake I'm thinking they may do I-II-III together as one since they are kind of relatively short compared to the others.  

There's no doubt there's already a team working on DQ12.

Keep in mind DQ11 took five years to make though.

Edited by Sumez

8 hours ago, Sumez said:

There's no doubt there's already a team working on DQ12.

Keep in mind DQ11 took five years to make though.

DQ11 took 4 years and half because they had to make the game in 3 engines, that takes time.

If they use the same graphic engine as DQ11 it could come out as early as 2020.

Edited by Stuner50

7 hours ago, Stuner50 said:

DQ11 took 4 years and half because they had to make the game in 3 engines, that takes time.

If they use the same graphic engine as DQ11 it could come out as early as 2020.

It almost seems like they intentionally wait a hardware generation per game since VI.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrandAlchemist said:

It almost seems like they intentionally wait a hardware generation per game since VI.

They're really not waiting, it's that DQ games since VI came out late in the console lifespan.

9 hours ago, GrandAlchemist said:

I don't think it's intentional, but with such a long development cycle is unavoidable. It would probably be dumb to release DQXII for PS4 two days before the PS5 drops. And if they need to "upgrade it" for PS5, it'll be delayed further instead. Like what happened to FFXV. I hope they are able to restrict the budget.

I wonder when they made Dragon Quest IV if they knew they were writing a trilogy?  I would gladly take another DQ game made the same way as 11.  

4/5/6 don't really feel as much like a trilogy as the first three games do. They do share some common aspects, but on a more broad term, tons of aspects are shared across the entire series. I guess they probably intended for some things to carry through, but without going into details about which, and for how many games.

Obviously they thought about breaking away from the "Erdrick setting" with the fourth game though.

Edited by Sumez

15 hours ago, Sumez said:

4/5/6 don't really feel as much like a trilogy as the first three games do. They do share some common aspects, but on a more broad term, tons of aspects are shared across the entire series. I guess they probably intended for some things to carry through, but without going into details about which, and for how many games.

Obviously they thought about breaking away from the "Erdrick setting" with the fourth game though.

True, I guess the only explanation for those games is that IV V and VI are hundreds or thousands of years apart?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Madrigal said:

True, I guess the only explanation for those games is that IV V and VI are hundreds or thousands of years apart?

Or they take place in parallel universes with Zenithia acting as a transdimensional nexus?

3 hours ago, GrandAlchemist said:

Or they take place in parallel universes with Zenithia acting as a transdimensional nexus?

That would be interesting too.

That's the best explanation for the connection between IV,V,and VI that I have heard of.I look it like this IV,V,and VI all take place in different universes or worlds that Zenithia serves the role of guardians for. VI would be the first in the timeline explaining the origins of the Zenithian Equipment and the birth of the Zenith Dragon,now as to where IV and V lie is another matter entirely. My belief is that it goes like this VI,IV and V.The reason I put IV ahead of V is that Estark existed in the past of IV's world and has been defeated and sealed away,where as in V he is in Nadiria,which could also be all three universes or worlds version of Hell and the home of monsters.

I for one, believe that VI, IV and V are the same world. I mean, besides Zenith Castle,  and Zenith Dragon, in VI you can put people from the futur (cast of IV) or from the distant futur (cast of V) in a town. 

That aside, it was clearly said, if I recall correctly, that the bride you choose in V is a descendant of Solo/Sofia from IV. And in the PSx version of IV you can see an ancestor of Rodrigo Briscoleti in the immigrant town. 

The games are just separated buy a thousand years each. 

Tho I agree that the Roto timeline is much more easy to follow.