Sign in to follow this  
Stuner50

No Dragon Quest Heroes III and Dragon Quest XI switch at TGS.

Is Heroes III even a thing?

Heroes 3 is a thing.  What the situation is is anyone's guess.  Also...hmm, interesting.  That can only mean one of two things:

1) Dragon Quest 11 is selling poorly in the West.  Like WAY under par.  SE is reconfiguring their approach to the Switch and are unsure what to say.

2) Dragon Quest 11 is selling like hot cakes in the West.  Like WAY over par.  SE doesn't want to jeopardize and slow PS4/PC sales by revealing the Switch just yet.  Let things stew a bit longer.

Given the last Horii interview it could actually be either one.  Though he seemed generally upbeat, and the way he spoke indicates past tense not so much current, despite the actual translation indicating currently.  Plus attitude seems to indicate he's happier now.  So I'm leaning towards #2.  They don't want to Jinx high PS4 continued sellthrough rates for the Switch (maybe a bit for the PC).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ignasia said:

Heroes 3 is a thing.  What the situation is is anyone's guess.  Also...hmm, interesting.  That can only mean one of two things:

1) Dragon Quest 11 is selling poorly in the West.  Like WAY under par.  SE is reconfiguring their approach to the Switch and are unsure what to say.

2) Dragon Quest 11 is selling like hot cakes in the West.  Like WAY over par.  SE doesn't want to jeopardize and slow PS4/PC sales by revealing the Switch just yet.  Let things stew a bit longer.

Given the last Horii interview it could actually be either one.  Though he seemed generally upbeat, and the way he spoke indicates past tense not so much current, despite the actual translation indicating currently.  Plus attitude seems to indicate he's happier now.  So I'm leaning towards #2.  They don't want to Jinx high PS4 continued sellthrough rates for the Switch (maybe a bit for the PC).

I always love reading your very explanative responses which are full of insight.  DQ Heroes III was hinted at a year ago I believe, and I hope they still plan on it.  I would love to see them use a bunch of other heroes from less known DQ Games, like from DQ Swords, DQ III, DQ V  - (Deborah, Sanchez),  DQ VI Milly and some of the others, DQ VIII - Red & Morrie and Maybe even from XI. They have a lot of possibilities they could do for III. I think III would be the ultimate mix since I'm sure they would do what they did in II by allowing other characters from the past in the game.  One thing I am jealous of the switch is how they gave them Sir Ragnar and we never got him for PS4.

I'm more interested in a couple of other things, DQ XII obviously if they've even started concept planning, and  a port of DQ VIII with the new material to PS4 especially since they added the hero's costume in it.

Heroes III should go all out and give us every Hero.

You know what else wasn't announced at TGS?

Joker 4
Slime Mori Mori 4
DQIX remake for Switch
DQXII (rumored to play itself while you watch)
DQ Itadaki Street 2

On 9/22/2018 at 3:00 PM, Madrigal said:

One thing I am jealous of the switch is how they gave them Sir Ragnar and we never got him for PS4.

I'm still a little salty about that.  My favorite character in the series exclusive to the one platform the game is released on that I don't own and have no intention of getting any time soon. >_<

5 hours ago, Shadownite said:

I'm still a little salty about that.  My favorite character in the series exclusive to the one platform the game is released on that I don't own and have no intention of getting any time soon. >_<

I agree, we should get Ragnar as a free DLC!