Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

DQXI Nominated for PlayStation GotY Category in Golden Joystick Awards 2018

So, for the Golden Joystick Awards 2018, Dragon Quest XI is one of the nominees for the category of PlayStation Game of the Year. So you can vote for Dragon Quest XI in that category if you want.

Edited by Dakhil

Hooray for Dragon Quest XI! It’s definitely my PS4 game of the year. For me it’s got some competition with Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus (PS4), and Ni no Kuni 2, but so far DQ11 is gunning for the top.

The big thing is that DQ11, like NNK2, has really held my attention without the feeling of getting bored. I’m already at 50 hours in DQ11, and all I can think is, “Man, I still need to see more,” or “Oh hey look, it’s like 2 hours later all of a sudden.”

I said this on a Facebook post I made in the group Platty and I run; I haven’t been this addicted to a Dragon Quest game since DQ7 (either version). It’s just so much fun to play. Even if I’m just goofing around, I don’t feel like I’m doing nothing or sitting around just for the story to progress.

Dragon Quest XI has been oh so very good, and the wait for it was totally worth it.

Easily the best game I've played this year; just wish the plot ended at Act II rather than continuing into the post game.

Really has my hyped for future DQ games (and maybe a DQ MMO eventually coming stateside?)

Man, I can't believe this is the same year that Monster Hunter World came out in. That feels like an age ago. But yeah, this is my favourite Dragon Quest bar none. I've been waiting for a true successor to DQVIII since that game came out and we finally have it; then it exceeded my expectations and wasn't just as good, it was better. It's also the best Final Fantasy game I've played since IX since it's really inherited that series' much more involved plots and interesting, varied characters. It's like SE have fused DQ and FF and the actual FF is now some bizarre action game/J-pop music video hybrid.

Anyway, I digress. This game deserves to win that award although, sadly, it seems inevitable Spider-Man or GoW is going to win quite easily.

Nice. Done and done!

I honestly couldn't put the game down.  Now that I beat it I'm probably going to play it only a bit for a while to fill out my bestiary and item lists a bit more while I play Spidy.  This has been the best new game in years for me and absolutely deserves awards.

• Like 1