Sign in to follow this  
AustNerevar

Orchestral Music Mod in the works

On 9/24/2018 at 7:15 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The gameplay I posted above gave me a good idea. Plus I can imagine how much nicer it would be to have.

I’m still fine with what we got, but hey, the option to use symphonic music for the PC version is nice.

Yeah that was my initial reaction as well, then I tried it and liked it. I'm still fond of the original OST, my dreamy in-game soundtrack would be a combination of both.

Edited by Shogil

I have installed the mod and I will say... I am pleasantly surprised. It really doesn't make a BIG difference, but it is nice.

It's mostly been an improvement so far.  I actually think the Synth/MIDI version of Sylvando's theme sounds better, it's faster and has a more whimsical punch to it over the orchestral version but the orchestral version of the overworld theme makes it much easier to listen to over and over!

What I wonder with this mod is how they dealt with the song “Corridors of Darkness,” one of the dungeon themes. It plays in the Heliodor sewers for a location example.

Anyway, that song in symphonic form is much shorter than the midi version, being about a minute or so shorter in length. Does the symphonic version just let the fade out play at the end and then just restarts the song, or did they try and create a custom loop?

What I wonder with this mod is how they dealt with the song “Corridors of Darkness,” one of the dungeon themes. It plays in the Heliodor sewers for a location example.
Anyway, that song in symphonic form is much shorter than the midi version, being about a minute or so shorter in length. Does the symphonic version just let the fade out play at the end and then just restarts the song, or did they try and create a custom loop?
Not sure. I'll go there tonight and let the track play.

However, part of development for this mod included properly looping all of the tracks. It's part of the reason why they have to provide the tracks in the mod itself.

12 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Not sure. I'll go there tonight and let the track play.

However, part of development for this mod included properly looping all of the tracks. It's part of the reason why they have to provide the tracks in the mod itself.

If I had to guess I bet they just let the song and then it restarts, similar to “Ruins of Darkness,” from DQ8, but a confirmation would be appreciated.

For reference, here’s the symphonic version.

It restarts the song. Honestly I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't been listening for it.