What did the western version added compared to the Japanese one?

So far I know of the following changes:

• Addition of voice acting (did that affected battles in the Japanese version, stuff like characters not grunting?)
  • Sprint button (R2/RT depending on PS4/Xbox controller)
  • 2 extra Draconian restrictions (stronger enemies and no experience from weak enemies)

Are there any other changes?

Did they keep the japanese 8-bit SFX (You know, the short sounds in battle when they cast a spell or prepare for attacking) in the western version or did they remove them like in DQ8?

Edited by wiregu
4 hours ago, Sumez said:

waaaaaaaaa

You wish you knew and I wish I didn't

16 minutes ago, wiregu said:

Did they keep the japanese 8-bit SFX (You know, the short sounds in battle when they cast a spell or prepare for attacking) in the western version or did they remove them like in DQ8?

They do sound like 8-bit but I only played DQ1 on Android so I'm going with yes.

10 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

You can rura/return/zoom inside buildings.

As I understand, this also applies to the Japanese PS4 version (but not the 3DS version).

So far it seems the special key items (that do nothing) earned by using the Scroll save password were changed to new find spots all over the game, like the Choker which is a throwback to DQ1's infamous necklace accessory that cursed the player.

4 minutes ago, Sumez said:

No I actually wish I didn't learn of that, because now I won't be able to keep myself from using it

I see it as an exercise in self-control...

... when the second playthrough comes with the full restrictions 😊

1 minute ago, ignasia said:

So far it seems the special key items (that do nothing) earned by using the Scroll save password were changed to new find spots all over the game, like the Choker which is a throwback to DQ1's infamous necklace accessory that cursed the player.

Ohh I found that one only today don't spoil! *closes eyes and turns away*

Edited by Shogil

There is no spoiler.  What you see with the Choker is what you get.  It's just knowing intrinsically what it references.  The game gives no indicators beyond the description.

12 hours ago, ignasia said:

There is no spoiler.  What you see with the Choker is what you get.  It's just knowing intrinsically what it references.  The game gives no indicators beyond the description.

Confirming that there's nothing to spoil is a spoiler. Rip my dreams :(

4 minutes ago, Shogil said:

Confirming that there's nothing to spoil is a spoiler. Rip my dreams :(

Ok then.  My apologies for spoiling that for you.  I don't consider that a spoiler, but I see why you do.

On 9/12/2018 at 2:50 AM, Shogil said:

So far I know of the following changes:

• Addition of voice acting (did that affected battles in the Japanese version, stuff like characters not grunting?)
  • Sprint button (R2/RT depending on PS4/Xbox controller)
  • 2 extra Draconian restrictions (stronger enemies and no experience from weak enemies)

Are there any other changes?

Japanese version had zero voice acting, including no grunts or anything.

Other additions:

- first person camera mode
- adjusted camera in general, quality of life stuff especially when inside
- updated UI/menus