Sign in to follow this  
godcipherdivine

Kudos for DQ Heroes!

so as someone who grew up on Dragon Warrior, playing all the NES games when they first came out and then 7 and 8 on the PS1 and PS2, the whole hack n slash of Dragon Quest Heroes for ps4 took a lil getting used to. Wasn't crazy about it till I came upon the boss of DW4 who I eventually beat and becomes part of your party. That nostalgic moment was pretty cool as Alena's reaction pretty much mirrored mine as I thought he was defeated and killed in DW4. Then I came across Erdrick's equipment as well as the Zenithian equipment. I am a big fan of the Erdrick story line so I really enjoyed those easter eggs and have become pretty enthused about this series. I like how the bird Raia is a link to all the worlds of Dragon Quest and makes sense of the story. Even after beating the game I came across Zoma from DW3, who is hard as hell by the way, and can't wait to see what other easter egss there may be. Came across some guy I am sure was in one of the games I never played like 5,6,9 and 10. Be nice if  the Dragonlord showed up? Hargon maybe? Malroth? Dolmagus? I recall a Kandor like character that was in the game  as well as a mission in which as you proceeded you fought bosses that mirrored the ones you fought in Hargon's castle at the end of DW2. Good stuff yall. Barely started Dragon Quest Heroes 2 and it looks just as fun. Looking forward to DWQ11 as well. I really need to play 5,6, 9 and 10 now though

Glad you enjoyed DQHTWTWATBB! I have over 100 hours in that game and got everyone to level 99. My son had just realized now that he can beat the final boss anytime he wants, so he loves loading it up just to watch all the cutscenes and beat it!

Yes, get on those missing DQs from your list!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Glad you enjoyed DQHTWTWATBB! I have over 100 hours in that game and got everyone to level 99. My son had just realized now that he can beat the final boss anytime he wants, so he loves loading it up just to watch all the cutscenes and beat it!

Yes, get on those missing DQs from your list!

I thought you would be able to have everything when you started a new game after you beat it but none of those items are with my character

I thought you would be able to have everything when you started a new game after you beat it but none of those items are with my character
Damn, that stinks, but you keep your levels?I never did a Flying Start.

21 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
22 hours ago, godcipherdivine said:

Damn, that stinks, but you keep your levels?I never did a Flying Start.

As I recall, you keep your levels and get a bundle of new Skill Points for each character, but most items and such have to be re-earned. Somebody'd have to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you get to keep your mini medals and get to farm for more of them by killing monsters again.