Edition of Lost Time code

Hey. I bought the edition of lost time from the SQNX Store, and I can't find the code that gives the extra skill seeds and pep brews. Any tips?

According to Tiael and a few others on GameFAQs it has to be emailed to you.  All of the special pre-order bonuses beyond the edition of light come via email.

So call up and send in tickets over it.  Go up the chain if you can.  Don't fault the call-center people who first pick up, because they generally know nothing, but getting up to management means you'll get real answers and paperwork gets moved earlier and faster to get your code sent sooner.

3 hours ago, ignasia said:

According to Tiael and a few others on GameFAQs it has to be emailed to you.  All of the special pre-order bonuses beyond the edition of light come via email.

So call up and send in tickets over it.  Go up the chain if you can.  Don't fault the call-center people who first pick up, because they generally know nothing, but getting up to management means you'll get real answers and paperwork gets moved earlier and faster to get your code sent sooner.

I could be a real dick and contact the Better Business Bureau. It work on Comcast. Twice.

1 hour ago, redneckpride4ever said:

I could be a real dick and contact the Better Business Bureau. It work on Comcast. Twice.

Hopefully it doesn't have to come to that, but a lot of people are having far more problems with SE with the CE codes than I did for Amazon, and Gamestop purchasers are reporting for GS.  Amazon took some time, but after four contacts they sent me the necessary codes.  A few are still waiting though.  Gamestop seems to be the same, but SE seems to be universally difficult.

Apparently the only non issue is Steam, then PSN took a few days for some people.

My biggest issue is that I live in New Mexico.  Amazon's warehouse with my copy is in a suburb of Phoenix.  There's a direct route from Phoenix to Albuquerque where I now live.  Rather than send it there (and my potentially getting a copy on the 4th or 5th, as it was initially sent out on the 3rd), they flew it to Kansas City, Missouri.

It's been sitting in Kansas City since Tuesday.  No movement at all.

One person on GameFAQs who works for Amazon and is a developer for their transport logic scripts attempted to explain to me how this is actually saving Amazon money and not Amazon simply assuring that 5~8 business days will actually be within 5~8 business days, and this is somehow far more cost effective for transport by some metric I haven't enough knowledge to see and understand without being part of his team.  Can't explain why because that breaks protocol and whatever confidentiality agreements he signed, but c'mon, that's utter horsecrap.  This is way more costly for them given major distribution routes directly from Phoenix and Albuquerque, as I've gotten quite a few packages from the same warehouses as that's the closest to me.  Sometimes my packages get sent right away, but never games.  Never ever games.  Calling does nothing, but maybe I might take your post as a bit of advice, as talking to Indians in India to get service in the US is insulting.

• Like 1

I find it satisfying Square Enix is dropping the ball with the codes. It sucks for everyone who is waiting for them, don’t get me wrong. That part sucks. But hearing that Square Enix is screwing up puts an evil smile on my face.

For all the Denizens’ sakes who are waiting for the codes I hope you guys get it soon.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
13 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I find it satisfying Square Enix is dropping the ball with the codes. It sucks for everyone who is waiting for them, don’t get me wrong. That part sucks. But hearing that Square Enix is screwing up puts an evil smile on my face.

For all the Denizens’ sakes who are waiting for the codes I hope you guys get it soon.

Why?

18 minutes ago, ignasia said:

Why?

I would have thought my anger towards them for all the trouble I had with the SQ store, the poor customer service and trying to get an Edition of Lost Time would have been clear why I made that post.

But that’s why I made that post. I’m bitter towards Square Enix right now and I’ll totally admit it. The response I got from the store team only made it worse. Them dropping the ball is funny to me. Only reason I want them to get the issue fixed is so folks here who ordered the CE can get the bonus, which is why I said at the end I hope everyone gets their codes soon. People who paid for that edition should have gotten the code, no questions asked. Hell, the code should have been packed in WITH the CE from the start.

I would have thought my anger towards them for all the trouble I had with the SQ store, the poor customer service and trying to get an Edition of Lost Time would have been clear why I made that post.
But that’s why I made that post. I’m bitter towards Square Enix right now and I’ll totally admit it. The response I got from the store team only made it worse. Them dropping the ball is funny to me. Only reason I want them to get the issue fixed is so folks here who ordered the CE can get the bonus, which is why I said at the end I hope everyone gets their codes soon. People who paid for that edition should have gotten the code, no questions asked. Hell, the code should have been packed in WITH the CE from the start.
Them screwing up means absolutely nothing to them. They don't care a single ounce how many orders they blunder because they will eventually sort it out.

The ONLY people this hurts are the curtomers.
2 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

The ONLY people this hurts are the curtomers.

Yep. Square Enix #$*!ed up and it’s screwing over the customers. Again, they should have packed the codes in with the CE.

$150 +shipping to be treated worse than those of us who got our codes in the box with Amazon? Meh, screw them. I'm a fan of the employees that made DQ. Other than that, the rest of the company is a piece of crap in my mind. They obviously only care about the bottom line, not fans, so I'll apply the golden rule of business to them: I'll treat them the way they want to treat me, with complete indifference and as little interaction as possible, saving myself the maximum amount of money.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

$150 +shipping to be treated worse than those of us who got our codes in the box with Amazon? Meh, screw them. I'm a fan of the employees that made DQ. Other than that, the rest of the company is a piece of crap in my mind. They obviously only care about the bottom line, not fans, so I'll apply the golden rule of business to them: I'll treat them the way they want to treat me, with complete indifference and as little interaction as possible, saving myself the maximum amount of money.

Speaking of Amazon, I’ve seen they are offering the game new for $55. It’s not a huge drop in price, but I’m surprised it’s already $5 cheaper for a new copy. It hasn’t even been a week yet!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I get your anger, but it seems counter intuitive to want them to be evil so it fits the sense of narrative, rather than to learn from their mistakes.  It's just a bit odd and the opposite of how I would look at it.  That's why I asked.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yep. Square Enix #$*!ed up and it’s screwing over the customers. Again, they should have packed the codes in with the CE.

This is very true.  They could have printed each one out on a slip of paper and placed it in the box, and left a note in the shipping information that said code would be on said note in said box.  Problem would have been non-existent.

Actually, when I called SE themselves, the guy told me the name of the company that runs the SE store.

I don't know if this falls under outsourcing, or if the store is run under the SE name with permision. Damn it, I should have remembered the name of the company.

I suspect they do it that way so that they can sell at retail price with no legal issues. Its probably because they don't need actual retailers pissed at them for selling cheaper, maybe legal reasons, or any number of possible things.

Either way, I think the responsibility rests on them to at least pressure the tribe that oversees (possibly owns) the SE store operation.

Edited by redneckpride4ever

Received today via email when I submitted a ticket a couple of days ago about the DLC code:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your feedback.

I just talked to our tech team and they confirmed we recently had an issue distributing the codes, but the problem is just about to be fixed. If you placed the order while logged into your store account, the code will appear in your account after refreshing the page; if you placed the order as a guest, you will find it in your order confirmation email.

Regards,

Debora
Square Enix Store

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I just got my code, I think. Haven't tried it yet. My brother and I have been talking with the Square team in Twitter for a few days now, so everything should be good

• Like 1

I just got an email with my code. I assumed the Edition of Lost Time code was the one that came in the game case. which I haven’t bothered to use yet, so I got what I didn’t even realize was missing haha.

3 minutes ago, eal said:

I just got an email with my code. I assumed the Edition of Lost Time code was the one that came in the game case. which I haven’t bothered to use yet, so I got what I didn’t even realize was missing haha.

I'm using those bonus 15 skill seeds as a last minute oomph when someone levels up and is 1 point off from the skill I'm trying to get next.

Sorry, catbro. Wasn't thinking about puns at the time. It's bad enough my copy came 3 days late -_-

35 minutes ago, jay said:

Sorry, catbro. Wasn't thinking about puns at the time. It's bad enough my copy came 3 days late -_-

When I’m thinking about Dragon Quest I exclusively think in puns.

16 hours ago, eal said:

Jay missed out on calling this topic Edition of Lost Codes.

Must. Resist. Moderator. Power. Urge.

15 hours ago, eal said:

When I’m thinking about Dragon Quest I exclusively think in puns.

Speaking of catbro @eal, I thought that was a placeholder avatar until his new one came in.  Will the real eal ever step forward?

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Speaking of catbro @eal, I thought that was a placeholder avatar until his new one came in.  Will the real eal ever step forward?

I had a few in mind but I’ve been feeling too lazy to replace it. I probably will eventually, I’m not too into it.