So I've played all warrior/quest games from I through viii, and am looking for ways to replay them on a variert of platforms. I still own the original NES versions of I, III and IV, as well as the DS rerelease of VI which I enjoy emensely.

So my question is this: what are opinions of the Android/ moble versions o these or any other DQ title and/ or those availyon the Nintendo store to download onto a 2DS?

Thanks for any and all input!

DQ4 mobile is the definitive way to play thanks to party chat.

The others...it depends on how well you can deal with touch controls. It isn't exactly easy. But that is the way I played 1 - 3.

I be played a few clone games, and yeah the controls take some time to adjust. I was more curious about gameplay itself. Are they similar to the originals or more like rereleses. Especially wonder about II with it's misbalanced prince character (imo). I haven't played the GB color version but from walkthrough I have seen he's at least got better weapons and armor options

I be played a few clone games, and yeah the controls take some time to adjust. I was more curious about gameplay itself. Are they similar to the originals or more like rereleses. Especially wonder about II with it's misbalanced prince character (imo). I haven't played the GB color version but from walkthrough I have seen he's at least got better weapons and armor options
As I understand it there are some minor changes in terms of balance but I don't think they are significant enough that you'll notice them.

To me the best thing about them were the DQ-ified scripts for the first 3 games.

I played and beat all the mobile versions as they released (we had quests here based one speed) on an old iPad 2. They were OK, and seriously after I got through 70+ hours of DQVIII, controls were no longer an issue, I was used to them.

The only remarkable mobile ports are the remakes of the first three games because of their new graphical style and the DQIV port since its actually finished this time around.  Other than that, DQV, VI, and VIII are all basically the same as their original version.  Heck, VIII actually removes the Symphonic Suite I believe, but just imagine having VIII on your phone.  Thats crazy.

I plan to have all of them for back up playing and because it's my way to support the DQ franchise.

That said, yeah IV has the party chat, and VI incidentally has some tweaks to it.  One is that the level caps are altered a bit for vocation grinding which I find handy as you can grind just a bit more before fighting Murdaw, and I believe Terry joins at a higher level that both the DS and SFC versions.

• Like 1