YangustheLegendaryBandit

Dragon Quest XI Progress

58 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You answered your own question. All the Spectral Sentinel fights are fun save for the last one. That last one sucks, especially with stronger enemies on.

With my current build I had no issue with Tyriant. Hendrick kept using Forbearance so I took el zilcho damage during that battle.

Quadraslash is now mine, and I'm back in Phnom Nohm helping Sylvando figure out a mystery. (I liked the parade a lot)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've finally finished the game (more specifically, Act 2)! 

Dragon Quest XI Ending (Pre Post Game).png

Now it's time for the real fun to begin with Act 3!

Dragon Quest XI - Let The Post Game Begin!.png

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

I just got Sonny Corleoned by Jasper Unbound at level 54 (strong enemies) . Dazzle works, so I have a chance if I can get him early on that.  I'm going to try again at level 55.

• Like 1

I've just started Drustan's trials. Disciple trial was easy enough, Sage trial, on the other hand, are hitting pretty hard and I'm currently Lv. 70.

Posted (edited)

Jasper went down the 2nd time. Level 56.

Third time was the charm with Act 2 Big Boss on strong enemies. Two metal kings KO'ed do wonders after I lost to him the first time. I thought I had him the 2nd until a massive magic burst took out three people including my two healers and Mac. I won despite the !@#%ing Zing spell working on my 3rd attempt. 

Level 57 or 58 for Mac. 88 hours on strong enemies. I finished the game including Act 3 in 92 on regular (easy) mode. Grinding is a lot more important this go around.

Edited by Red Dragon

Taking a break from the trials and all I have to say is: #$*! Sylvando and #$*! Horses!

• Like 1

Taking a break from the trials and all I have to say is: #$*! Sylvando and #$*! Horses!
If you're stressed out by trials and need some sneaky happy fun time with Sylvando, I'm not going to judge you there. What 2 adventurous fellows get up to is none of my business.

But the horses...? Yikes, that's frowned upon.

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

If you're stressed out by trials and need some sneaky happy fun time with Sylvando, I'm not going to judge you there. What 2 adventurous fellows get up to is none of my business.

But the horses...? Yikes, that's frowned upon.

I hate you sometimes...

• Like 1

I hate you sometimes...
Beastiality. Keep it in the phylum. 01c850c6989aa98312273ac77c137eeb.jpg

16 minutes ago, Duran said:

obvioustroll.jpg

Silly Duran, Platty’s no troll. He’s a Platinum King Jewel Slime.

• Like 1

I will Thunder Thrust the both of you...

• Like 1

Save it for the horses.

12 minutes ago, Duran said:

You could at least take us out to dinner first before trying that. 😘

2 hours ago, Duran said:

Okay, all joking aside, why are you upset? Is the latter because of the later horse racing cups in Gallopolis?

In regards to the races, thank God for the Xbox Controller than works on the PC.  I got past Platinum Difficult races because of that.

As far as Sylvando goes, let me guess. Slayer of the Sands on hard monsters? That's a nasty fight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Dragon said:

In regards to the races, thank God for the Xbox Controller than works on the PC.  I got past Platinum Difficult races because of that.

As far as Sylvando goes, let me guess. Slayer of the Sands on hard monsters? That's a nasty fight.

He’s at post game.

44 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Okay, all joking aside, why are you upset? Is the latter because of the later horse racing cups in Gallopolis?

Yes. And I hate that Sylvando gets this magical speed boost 75% into the race.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duran said:

Yes. And I hate that Sylvando gets this magical speed boost 75% into the race.

Oh, you must be talking about the unlockable Black Cup. That one is tricky, but if you can get the speed boost from the countdown and can drift accurately you’ll be able to win in the last few seconds of lap 2. It also helps to not take all the ramps in the last bit before the finish line on both laps. The last 3 in a row, skip the third one.

Just practice the difficult black cup and you’ll nail it. Took me quite a few tries but I was able to win it. Don’t give up.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Oh, you must be talking about the unlockable Black Cup. That one is tricky, but if you can get the speed boost from the countdown and can drift accurately you’ll be able to win in the last few seconds of lap 2. It also helps to not take all the ramps in the last bit before the finish line on both laps. The last 3 in a row, skip the third one.

Just practice the difficult black cup and you’ll nail it. Took me quite a few tries but I was able to win it. Don’t give up.

40 tries later, still nope, but I DID clear the mini-medal album

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Duran said:

40 tries later, still nope, but I DID clear the mini-medal album

That’s about as many tries as I needed to beat it. It can be done.

Here. Use this video for some help. I found it after I completed the race and it’s definitely a useful visual guide. Use it at your leisure (putting it in spoilers just to be safe for those who haven’t finished the game):

Spoiler

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Level 60. Got all except 4 "sidequests" completed. I'm putting the battleground one off till dead last since that monster beat me even on regular strength enemies. The new dragon between Arboria and the Snaerfelt is also on my "dead last" last followed by the 4th fight challenge (which I only beat at around level 72 on REGULAR enemies).

Going to start working my way towards the postgame dungeons now.

During last weekend, I've completed the Cobblestone scenario*, the Gondolia scenario, and the Octogonia scenario. Maybe it's because I suck, but the Octogonia scenario was a huge pain in the ass; but I'm glad I got that over with.

By Cobblestone scenario*, I mean I've saved Derk from the Malicious Hades Condor.

So.....I haven't been on here in quite a while and my play has been nearly as limited, though I have managed to squeeze an hour or two in here or there. I'm just shy of 40 hours and I just got the magic key and grabbed the easy orb that comes thereafter. 

Hopefully my playtime increases soon, but realistically, who knows when I'll finish this game. 

That being said, one positive note I can add at this point, is that DQ XI is very easy to pick up after a hiatus. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1