Dragon Quest XI Progress

I'm grinding in Gondolia at the moment. Having trouble with the "boss" in this area.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 2 enjoy DQ. Last night was the first time my oldest wanted to play XI over Heroes. Good times!

I kind of dig the mobile version. I’m often switching through tabs on Safari anyhow. Especially now that I know how to run it properly haha.  Also, I’m running Hero, Erik, Jade, and Rab. They’ve

I just got my team back together in act 2, doing some side-questing now. I just got the metal slime recipes from that bard in Arboria so I'm working on making new weapons and armor.   As for my e

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:

I'm currently in Gondolia. Draconian mode calls for more grinding so I'm probably behind the others who also started playing on launch day.

I started playing on launch day, but I only get to play for roughly 90 minutes a day. You're a little ahead of me.

I started playing on launch day, but I only get to play for roughly 90 minutes a day. You're a little ahead of me.
My son was born last month so I'm on parental leave till October. I'm getting a lot of play time in.
  • Like 1

Anyone else think this game is dreadfully easy? I admit, I knocked out a Metal Slime so my party is a level higher then they would have been, but the bosses and enemies have posed no threat. If you finish a battle but the hero is killed, he’ll revive with 1HP. These campsites and statues make it a breeze. I go halfway, heal and save, continue to the boss.

Also, I had Serena and Erik pepped up, Erik lost his pep, then the hero pepped up. wtf I just want to finish this quest.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Anyone else think this game is dreadfully easy? I admit, I knocked out a Metal Slime so my party is a level higher then they would have been, but the bosses and enemies have posed no threat. If you finish a battle but the hero is killed, he’ll revive with 1HP. These campsites and statues make it a breeze. I go halfway, heal and save, continue to the boss.
Also, I had Serena and Erik pepped up, Erik lost his pep, then the hero pepped up. wtf I just want to finish this quest.
That's what Draconian Quest is for.

Trust me. The game is not easy with Exp Reduction and Hard Monsters on.
Question regarding events in Gondolia:
Spoiler Is it possible to kill the guards in Gondolia? Seems like it is but does it play out the same anyway?

Do you mean the ones the game throws at you when you only have two party members or the ones you encounter roaming the city?

If its the former, then yes it is possible. I took them all out just barely but the game narratively treated me as if I'd lost.
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, AustNerevar said:

Do you mean the ones the game throws at you when you only have two party members or the ones you encounter roaming the city?

If its the former, then yes it is possible. I took them all out just barely but the game narratively treated me as if I'd lost.

Cheers, then I do not need to restart the last save. 😉

16 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

That's what Draconian Quest is for.

Trust me. The game is not easy with Exp Reduction and Hard Monsters on.

But isn’t that a new feature included to appeal to Westerners? The default difficulty that the game was built around is very low. The point of a higher difficulty setting is to be more challenging and I was hoping hard mode would be, well, harder then normal, not bringing the game up to a normal level of difficulty.

I’m confused why something had to be added in for Western audiences to make it harder. That’s a first. Usually easier difficulty modes are added in for newcomers.

Like, maybe I’m misremembering but I could swear Metal Slimes gave out 1000 or so exp, but the one I killed gave me over 2000. So exp reduction basically brings it down to normal, or slightly below normal, amounts.

Edited by eal
But isn’t that a new feature included to appeal to Westerners? The default difficulty that the game was built around is very low. The point of a higher difficulty setting is to be more challenging and I was hoping hard mode would be, well, harder then normal, not bringing the game up to a normal level of difficulty.
I’m confused why something had to be added in for Western audiences to make it harder. That’s a first. Usually easier difficulty modes are added in for newcomers.
Draconian Quest can be harder than normal.

As far as I understand, Japan did get some of the Draconian Quest features but they added more for the western release.
4 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Draconian Quest can be harder than normal.

As far as I understand, Japan did get some of the Draconian Quest features but they added more for the western release.

Even still, I’m not a fan of making the level of the default difficulty lower. Including new difficulties to make it more accessible, yes. But making the base difficulty easier reduces the challenge of any harder difficulty or makes the harder difficulty way, way harder then the normal difficulty in comparison and you’re not prepared for it.

This game is already having throwbacks to many older games.

Spoiler

That puff puff in the desert town. same location as DQ3

Birdsong nectar.

I know that it's supposed to, but didn't realize it would begin in almost every city.

Edited by Plattym3
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Quite literally every reviewer of this game out there.

Indeed. The Japanese complained about that right away as well. The overall easier problem hit Ni no Kuni 2 as well, but like Dragon Quest XI they did (eventually) add in new difficulty options.

I’m glad we have options to make DQ11 more difficult. The 3DS version was fun, but man, I felt no real challenge even with the language barrier. I’ll be using the Draconic mode for harder enemies. If it ends up like Memories Lane bosses from DQ8 3DS, I’d be okay with that. Those were good fights since you had to be mindful of what you did.

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:

That Puff Puff in the desert town...

You need to remove the “s” at the end of “spoilers,” for the spoiler tag to work Platty. Just FYI.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I believe I’ve come down with the Dragon Quest Fever. To be fair it is my vacation and I’ve still been cleaning my house. Not much of a spoiler but here is my location. 

Spoiler

I just received the Sewer Key.

118D18B6-564E-48DD-B84D-144BD29A4B35.jpeg

Octogonia is giving me huge Dragon Ball vibes and I love it.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Reveal hidden contents

That puff puff in the desert town. same location as DQ3

Birdsong nectar.

I know that it's supposed to, but didn't realize it would begin in almost every city.

I believe that you get a trophy for going to every city and doing it.

9 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Now that I think about it, the art style for the game in general looks kinda similar. I wonder if the artist took his inspiration from Dragon Ball. 

Now that I think about it, the art style for the game in general looks kinda similar. I wonder if the artist took his inspiration from Dragon Ball. 
I just meant the events going on in Octogonia.
6 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
8 minutes ago, eal said:

I just meant the events going on in Octogonia.

And I just meant a joke.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

I honestly thought the same thing haha.

Made it to Gondolia.
After buying, forging and reworking new equipment, I'm off to the Grotta della Fonte for some water.