YangustheLegendaryBandit

Dragon Quest XI Progress

57 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

I've done it. I unlocked every achievement. I did everything possible in this game. I'm so sad that it's over.

Capture.PNG.8af71f5aaa5828b75f2ea799ece1c028.PNG

What is “Origin - Don’t Judge Me Okay”? Is it literally just EA’s Origin?

5 minutes ago, eal said:

What is “Origin - Don’t Judge Me Okay”? Is it literally just EA’s Origin?

Uhm yeah. :laugh:

4 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Uhm yeah. :laugh:

Well, I am gonna judge you, you monster.

Well, I am gonna judge you, you monster.
I added it to Steam originally so I'd have a good way to back up my screenshots. At the time, Origin was quite garbage. Its a bit better now, but if I change the name then Steam Cloud will think its a different game and I'll have two entries for it in my screenshot gallery.

I just entered Mini Medal Manor...

...I'm so behind. =(

Just finished the final postgame boss, and I can finally call this game done, after more than 130 hours 😮

Warning, if you're a really big fan of Dragon Quest, there's a chance that you might cry at the very end >______<

I discovered a reference outfit from my “favorite,” Dragon Quest game after doing a side quest in the post game....

Urge to kill....RISING.

Edit: Oh, and NOW ONLY IN THE POST GAME DO WE GET THE EQUIVALENT OF NOSE FOR TREASURE. Thanks a lot game, I’m REALLY thankful to have this now.... (rolls eyes)

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

THE EQUIVALENT OF NOSE FOR TREASURE

Must have missed that one. Where/what is it?

The world just went to hell, so now I gotta help Hendrik...

Well...once again, Dragon Quest XI throws surprising twists into the story once again! I’m definitely glad the story actually continues as you play the post game, and the way it has has been satisfying (for me anyway). I’ve been putting off continuing the story as I’ve done the world tour to do new side quests and the post game town stories (which offer some really nice rewards), but I figured it was time to stop screwing around after the boss on the Snaerfelt kept kicking my butt.

Side note: My playtime has now gotten to 183 hours. We’ve past the highest playtime I’ve had for Dragon Quest VII, boys!

• Like 1

We’ve past the highest playtime I’ve had for Dragon Quest VII, boys!

Wow, purposely taking a shot at female Denzians. That's low, Twinsie.

About to finish my latest game for review, been doing some DQXI sidequests. Going to get back to this more this week & weekend! I guess I can tell it's a sidequest I've put off too long when the reward is a weapon 50 ATK below the one I'm using.

7 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Wow, purposely taking a shot at female Denzians. That's low, Twinsie

Don’t you mean “Denizens,” Twinsie? 😜

Don’t you mean “Denizens,” Twinsie?
Damn autocorrect! Haha

Ok, just finished a 6 hour overnight marathon. Knocked out half a dozen post game sidequests and then a few of those pink post game quests too. And started going around opening doors with the Ultimate key. Playtime is now around 93ish hours and seems like lots to do still! Fun times after not playing a ton the 2nd half of October.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Ok, just finished a 6 hour overnight marathon. Knocked out half a dozen post game sidequests and then a few of those pink post game quests too. And started going around opening doors with the Ultimate key. Playtime is now around 93ish hours and seems like lots to do still! Fun times after not playing a ton the 2nd half of October.

Only 93? Come on Platty, you gotta get to my level here and reach 193 hours (that’s 100% truly my playtime right now).

I’ve been doing the same. I now have the post game bonus dungeon I need to do, take care of the Sniflheim boss near the Fjord, and 2 more purple speech bubble side quests. I’m going to get to level 99 before I try tackling the final final boss of the game. With tough enemies I don’t even want to think about fighting it at a level lower than that.

• Like 1

Don't worry about getting to 99.

I fought that boss on level 80 with strong monsters on, and it was a bit of a pushover. Thought I needed to be tougher too, due to the difficulty of some of the challenges. I couldn't beat the final angri-la test, or the final of Drustan's five trials, but it seems they are just notably harder than the TLB :P

I just remembered that hero has upgraded armor post game with a helmet. I spent 40 hours in the stuff in Act 1 and 2. Need to get to forging or buying or whatever that now.

Upgraded Gringham whip once. Still doesn't hit everyone. Gotta do it again?

The bonus dungeon has been great for levels, and everyone is near or at level 90 now. The bosses you can fight and earn wishes from are great too, and whoever said to me earlier in this topic that I’d hate those fights if I didn’t like the Wheel of Harma...well, sorry, but you are very wrong. Wheel of Harma has very strict turn limits, these fights do not. I’ve enjoyed these challenges far more...

....except for the last #$*!ing one, Overweening Pride. #$*! this boss. Doesn’t help that the boss he’s based after was a real pain in the main game, but Pride is like 5 times worse. Yikes. Just...yikes.

• Like 1

FINALLY. All the trials in the bonus dungeon have been completed. It took way too many attempts to beat Overweening Pride, but I FINALLY did it.

Guess the only thing left to do is finish the Wheel of Harma and then head off to defeat the final post game boss. I may get all the other trophies first, since I’m guessing defeating the big bad will net you the last story related trophy. Only other trophies I have left beside the previously mentioned one are the “complete X character’s entire skill set,” and the costumes one.

Okay, discovered that the character mastery trophies are earned by having the respective character reach level 99, not because they master all their skills.

Also found a lot of monsters don’t appear in the bonus dungeon unless you go in at a certain time. I figured that wouldn’t matter, but apparently it really makes a difference. We’re talking you won’t find half of the monsters available if you don’t go in at night. It’s kind of ridiculous honestly, but I’m probably the ridiculous one trying to hunt down every monster.

On 11/2/2018 at 8:22 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I discovered a reference outfit from my “favorite,” Dragon Quest game after doing a side quest in the post game....

Urge to kill....RISING.

Edit: Oh, and NOW ONLY IN THE POST GAME DO WE GET THE EQUIVALENT OF NOSE FOR TREASURE. Thanks a lot game, I’m REALLY thankful to have this now.... (rolls eyes)

Yeah, that is something I really hope gets fixed in the Switch release.

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Okay, discovered that the character mastery trophies are earned by having the respective character reach level 99, not because they master all their skills.

Also found a lot of monsters don’t appear in the bonus dungeon unless you go in at a certain time. I figured that wouldn’t matter, but apparently it really makes a difference. We’re talking you won’t find half of the monsters available if you don’t go in at night. It’s kind of ridiculous honestly, but I’m probably the ridiculous one trying to hunt down every monster.

Yeah, I'm glad I read your GameFAQs topic.  That would drive me nuts as I wouldn't expect that in a dungeon.

@AustNerevar Pft.  Grind out every stat to max!  Then beat the game in a minimum level challenge (boss rush + forced battles + chest battles).  Yeah...then do it again on hard mode!

The adventures of MopTopMo have finally come to a close. The big bad of the post game has been defeated, peace is restored, and I went and got the platinum trophy, boys and girls!

aCfovT3.jpg

OdVdPiL.jpg

Man, talk about a great ending. I loved it. The final final boss was fun (and had a great mechanic throw back), the ending credits and what went on during the credits brought several smiles to my face, and that final cutscene.....

It’s always so sad when a Dragon Quest game has to finally come to a close, and I’m a little sad I’ve finally finished Dragon Quest XI. I would definitely put this game into my top 5 Dragon Quest games, maybe right after DQ7 (my #1 favorite) if I’m being honest. I’d really like to do a Yangus Thoughts on it, but we shall see.

Dragon Quest XI, you were a hell of a game, and the 200+ I spent playing you were fun, frustrating, hilarious, and charming.

On 11/11/2018 at 1:33 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Wheel of Harma has very strict turn limits, these fights do not.

Wait what?!

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

the ending credits and what went on during the credits brought several smiles to my face, and that final cutscene.....

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who cried 😐

Edited by Sumez

I got the platinum a few weeks ago, still have some stuff I want to finish up in-game.   Taking a bit of a break though.  Also still have my Steam play through to do.

edit:

Just double checked, got the platinum on the 28th, nearly the 27th of September.  Was just looking through a couple pages back, what's this lightspeed thing and am I missing a badge that should have been easy for me to get because I didn't sign up for something?1400819241_DragonQuestXI.thumb.jpg.ca7dbe3425673d03f55d81c23ab89d2d.jpg.94ab289543229d44085bbc77e4a966fb.jpg

Edited by Enclave
  • Like 1

I'm still playing through the main story. I just got Jade back into my party and I've upgraded her gear.