Dragon Quest XI glitches, typos, & mistakes

21 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Found the first one. Every time you pick one up, no space.

PS4 4663e24ab1b9b5b4a6f78a717d394a3a.jpga1d299ab20842f571eaa8c295520dd4a.jpg

That looks like it’s at the start of the game. Pretty funny if it is.

That's the only one I've noticed so far.

I have found one they used the wrong word this is much much further in the storyline this is on PS4 not sure if it's the same for pc  
DSC_0005.thumb.JPG.ec663e86a86e8d5be043816163338711.JPG
It's an odd turn of phrase, true. Maybe not wrong so much as archaic or UK-ish.
I have found one they used the wrong word this is much much further in the storyline this is on PS4 not sure if it's the same for pc  
DSC_0005.thumb.JPG.ec663e86a86e8d5be043816163338711.JPG
I'm not seeing it.
  • Like 1

I don’t know 100% if this one is a typo, but I found the following towards the beginning of the game before the hero leaves Cobblestone:

dnvigM5.jpg

The line, “And you just a youngster!” just reads wrong whether I say it aloud or in my head. It seems like it should be “And you’re just a youngster!” Could be wrong and this could be totally fine, but again, it just seems off every time I read it.

I don’t know 100% if this one is a typo, but I found the following towards the beginning of the game before the hero leaves Cobblestone:
dnvigM5.jpg&key=1771c179ff0cf006a65b3351181fe2f1b053ac55de4ff1a15a5d346c5f96c6e9
The line, “And you just a youngster!” just reads wrong whether I say it aloud or in my head. It seems like it should be “And you’re just a youngster!” Could be wrong and this could be totally fine, but again, it just seems off every time I read it.
Sounds fine to me. It's just a way of referring to a persons status. Its a abbreviated manner of saying "and you just being a youngster".
  • Upvote 1

I found a big and obvious mistake that bothered me more then it should have. Though it contains spoilers. I am sure everyone will notice it when they get to that point in the game.

Spoiler

When you have the flashback scene with your father, he has a spoken dialogue where the first part sounds like it was recorded on a cellphone. Then the rest of the dialogue sounds fine. It honestly sounds like they forgot to record that line and had the voice actor call them and record the line by phone.

36 minutes ago, Bururian said:

If there was a comma there, it would flow better. Most people would expect a break with said comma.

That might have made all the difference. No break just makes it sound funny to me. Could be the difference in the British translation style they go for.

It would not have been grammatically correct if they added a comma, though.

4 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

It would not have been grammatically correct if they added a comma, though.

Doesn’t sound right with or without a comma the more I keep reading it. That line just bugs me because no matter what it doesn’t read right to me. DAMN YOU RANDOM OLD MAN NPC!

Ok, this time I definitely found a text glitch.

ozmL9c9.jpg

If you look in the 1st line, “bodkin bowyer,” gets cut off. 2nd line has a word cut off at the end (which explains the little white line that looks like part of a lower case “t”). It’s also a bit hard to tell from the picture, but the spacing between words is smaller than in Bo’s other lines.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

A lot of these typos seem limited to the PS4 release.

One glitch I noticed was that once the girl manning the Inn in Lonalulu was almost totally clipped through the floor. I took a screen, ill have to upload later.

Hopefully they’ll patch them at some point. I still know what Bo was trying to tell me, but I’d like to see it fixed.

Ok, this time I definitely found a text glitch.
ozmL9c9.jpg&key=d765b4dce9d3954d7b935a73cf1febdbddf36cfb47f3dcb1b176fef7039fd7f3
If you look in the 1st line, “bodkin bowyer,” gets cut off. 2nd line has a word cut off at the end (which explains the little white line that looks like part of a lower case “t”). It’s also a bit hard to tell from the picture, but the spacing between words is smaller than in Bo’s other lines.
Nice find. Yeah, it's like they didn't want the test to scroll and got it smashed in there.

Not a glitch (this post doesn't warrant a new thread but I wanted to say it anyway)...

Erik/Kamyu kind of resembles Axel from Kingdom Hearts... Even his voice sounds similar.