I think I beat the game with the lowest level Luminary out of anyone lol.

• Like 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finally got there in the English version, things make so much more sense this time around Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried beating the game two levels lower, but got my ass handed to me by the boss's first form. Super strong monsters mode doesn't screw around. (I love it and would have hated playing without it)

Something tells me I won't be getting this badge. I tend to talk to every NPC multiple times to get maximum dialogue. My getting the Heroes 2 Light speed badge was a fluke.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sackchief said:

I think I beat the game with the lowest level Luminary out of anyone lol.

I tried beating the game two levels lower, but got my ass handed to me by the boss's first form. Super strong monsters mode doesn't screw around. (I love it and would have hated playing without it)

A few Metal King Slimes later, as well as some careful management to keep my kabuff at max at all times did the job though.

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 2

OMG. The post game is like another whole game packed in one. Like this’ll take another dozen hours easily.

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

4 more days? I can do this.

You can do it, Twinsie!

51 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Done. 94f4a0ca52f358b41cac86a4982c7697.jpg

And of course Persona 5 is next up on the docket since you’ve got the PS4 all fired up and everything.

And of course Persona 5 is next up on the docket since you’ve got the PS4 all fired up and everything.
So I started Alliance Alive this morning. Going to do that and DQ post game the rest of this month. Then the decision is...

P5
Trails of Cold Steel 2
Strange Journey Redux
Or Suikoden

You're right though, I'm leaning towards P5.
12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

So I started Alliance Alive this morning. Going to do that and DQ post game the rest of this month. Then the decision is...

P5
Trails of Cold Steel 2
Strange Journey Redux
Or Suikoden

You're right though, I'm leaning towards P5.

Play Trails 2 next.

5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
11 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
Play Trails 2 next.

It just came in the mail today and is in the Vita.

Excellent.

Actually, you know what you should do? That Suikoden idea we had.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
9 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
Play Trails 2 next.

It just came in the mail today and is in the Vita.

This is like a conversation in a sitcom.

eal: Play Persona 5 next.

Platty: So I started Alliance Alive this morning.

Yangus: Play Trails 2 next.

eal: P5 is probably shorter.

Platty: [Trials 2] just came in the mail this morning and is in the Vita.

This is like a conversation in a sitcom.

eal: Play Persona 5 next.
Platty: So I started Alliance Alive this morning.

Yangus: Play Trails 2 next.
eal: P5 is probably shorter.
Platty: [Trials 2] just came in the mail this morning and is in the Vita.

Yangus: We should play Suikoden
Platty: Let's do it!

I finally got there in the English version, things make so much more sense this time around

b8c5099d1ca7529a4b1a34a052aaaf88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Woodus said:

I finally got there in the English version, things make so much more sense this time around emoji12.png

b8c5099d1ca7529a4b1a34a052aaaf88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And just in time too!

Shocked to see so many people playing without draconian settings. Did you guys still find the combat system appealing?

The same combat system around for decades? Yes, yes I did.

I don't play Dragon Quest for a challenge. If I want that I'll pull out a SMT game or soemthing else. Dragon Quest is like ice cream. It needs to go down easy.

I'm actually shocked to see your shocked comment. The "casual gaming" market is many multiples greater than any sort of hardcore gamer market. It makes sense that many many many more magnitudes of players would want the more casual, easier experience. I mean, if the main demographic wanted harder DQ games, they'd make the game hard and then add a Slime Mode for the casual market.

I don't play Dragon Quest for a challenge. If I want that I'll pull out a SMT game or soemthing else. Dragon Quest is like ice cream. It needs to go down easy.

I'm actually shocked to see your shocked comment. The "casual gaming" market is many multiples greater than any sort of hardcore gamer market. It makes sense that many many many more magnitudes of players would want the more casual, easier experience. I mean, if the main demographic wanted harder DQ games, they'd make the game hard and then add a Slime Mode for the casual market.
Nothing wrong with playing without Draconian, but its definitely not the same same combat that's been around for decades. Vanilla monsters are much easier than earlier games.
24 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

You must not be a real fan since you didn’t use Draconian settings.

Damn, I thought it'd be at least another 12 years here on the Den before someone caught on. C'mon, Twinsie, whatcha gotta rat me out for?
I think you guys are just taking his words out of context. He was just expecting more people from the Den to play with Draconian mode on since that mode is definitely intended for DQ vets who want a challenge. He didn't say anything about demographics or what makes a true fan.

Unless I'm misreading you@Sumez.
17 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
26 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Nothing wrong with playing without Draconian, but its definitely not the same same combat that's been around for decades. Vanilla monsters are much easier than earlier games.

I’m playing without Draconian settings and it is the same combat, just easier. If anything, aren’t Draconian settings meant to make the game harder and to mix up the classic combat?

Just now, AustNerevar said:

I think you guys are just taking his words out of context. He was just expecting more people from the Den to play with Draconian mode on since that mode is definitely intended for DQ vets who want a challenge. He didn't say anything about demographics or what makes a true fan.

Unless I'm misreading you@Sumez.

And I think you’re taking one of my posts too seriously again. 😘