Playable NPCs in Dragon Quest Heroes III.

Hi! I'm new to DD!

I was thinking about this....what if in DQH3 we get playable characters that were NPCs in their first apareance? Stella, Aquila, Anlucia, Pankraz, Harry, Trode, Marcello and all those characters that are pretty popular but they aren't playable in their original games.

Do you think we could see playable NPCs for the first time in Heroes 3 or it'll be Playable Characters only again?

• Like 1

I like the concept of having characters like that in the game. It could add a new depth to the game. I do want to note that Aquila is playable in DQIX if you complete specific quests and Harry (assuming you mean the prince from DQV), is also playable briefly during the second generation.

2 hours ago, Stuner50 said:

Hi! I'm new to DD!

I was thinking about this....what if in DQH3 we get playable characters that were NPCs in their first apareance? Stella, Aquila, Anlucia, Pankraz, Harry, Trode, Marcello and all those characters that are pretty popular but they aren't playable in their original games.

Do you think we could see playable NPCs for the first time in Heroes 3 or it'll be Playable Characters only again?

Welcome to the Den, friend!

As for playing NPCs in DQH3, I'm frankly pleased any time I get to play Psaro in DQH1 and 2, so maybe bosses could be playable?  Dragonlord could make a good Maya clone (Similar powers, with some variation).  I just started to play DQH2 myself today, so I'll play more until DQ11 comes out, and learn more to discuss what I'd like to see in a possible 3rd iteration.

6 hours ago, Stuner50 said:

Hi! I'm new to DD!

Hey, Stumer, welcome aboard!

If they did go that route -- and such a thing would not be unprecedented, given certain NPCs got basically equal representation with non-Hero player characters in the Monster Battle Road series as special cards -- I assume they would go for the big ones, like Pankraz and Pavo. Trode and Othello Marcello wouldn't be far behind on that list, I think.

4 hours ago, Democrobot said:

I do want to note that Aquila is playable in DQIX if you complete specific quests and Harry (assuming you mean the prince from DQV), is also playable briefly during the second generation.

More than that, DQIX has hidden costumes that allow you to dress your character up as Stella and Trode. It's not quite officially playing as those NPCs but it's clearly meant to allow you to pretend.

And your mention of Harry makes me realize he was never included in the Battle Road series, which is very curious, since he's roughly in Pankraz's ballpark as significant temporary party members go.

Talk about timing! I was on some other fourm board and they were talking about NPCs as well. There's not much room left for characters outside of NPCs, so I can see it happening!

3 hours ago, Imutone said:

Talk about timing! I was on some other fourm board and they were talking about NPCs as well. There's not much room left for characters outside of NPCs, so I can see it happening!

There is still the other half of the casts from DQ6 and 7 to use, as well as spinoff characters like the knight from DQSwords.  Could also make proper named characters out of the generics from DQ3.  Parsley the Sage, perhaps?  * chuckles *

*gasps * OOOH!  Speaking of DQ3!  What about the literal granddaddy of all DQ Characters!?  What about Erdrick / Loto!?  Would be an amazing addition to what may be the final DQHeroes Spinoff!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies!

I think Stella/Pavo and Anlucia from DQX might be the first playable NPCs we see, mostly because how popular they're in japan!

I think Marcello would be a great character to have if Angelo returns, i know he isn't the best guy around there but i could see him teaming up with the heroes like Psaro did in 1.

Trode is hard to say  he could be a joke character like Stella i guess, using Sticks to fight.

Pankraz and Sancho could come together as a duo i guess, i know people want Debora but i'm fine with waiting for her for DQH4 if that means we get Sancho and Pankraz.

The issue with DQ6 and DQ7 casts is that only Kiefer and Ashlynn are really popular in Japan, that's why i think they'll start using NPCs in this future entry.

Thanks for the replies!
I think Stella/Pavo and Anlucia from DQX might be the first playable NPCs we see, mostly because how popular they're in japan!
I think Marcello would be a great character to have if Angelo returns, i know he isn't the best guy around there but i could see him teaming up with the heroes like Psaro did in 1.
Trode is hard to say  he could be a joke character like Stella i guess, using Sticks to fight.
Pankraz and Sancho could come together as a duo i guess, i know people want Debora but i'm fine with waiting for her for DQH4 if that means we get Sancho and Pankraz.

The issue with DQ6 and DQ7 casts is that only Kiefer and Ashlynn are really popular in Japan, that's why i think they'll start using NPCs in this future entry.
The issue with 6 & 7 is only Keifer and Amos are popular amongst Plattys.
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
5 hours ago, Stuner50 said:
Thanks for the replies!

The issue with 6 & 7 is only Keifer and Amos are popular amongst Plattys.

I'd like them if they used hammers or axes insted of swords.

And what ABOUT Erdrick / Loto for DQH3?  DQ3 always was a favorite of mine, and I'd love to see the main hero of that game come back... the game's ending even says he "mysteriously vanished".  To where?  Why, to here!

9 hours ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

Could also make proper named characters out of the generics from DQ3.  Parsley the Sage, perhaps?  * chuckles *

I'm a simple man. I see a well seasoned pun, I like it.

1 hour ago, Democrobot said:

I'm a simple man. I see a well seasoned pun, I like it.

I like to pepper in some pun humor in my posts.  The Spice must flow.

I could see Erdrick (DQ3) being in DQH3... but not as a playable character.  More like a cameo or something.

I think all the obvious characters are already in DQ1 and 2.  Some obvious missing ones are:

DQ2 Cousins

DQ5 kids

Torneko...?

Chamaro (I forgot what his name was in the DS game).  Barbara and Mireiyu

Mervyn and Aishe

Trode?

Andelucia

4 hours ago, Megalosaro said:

I could see Erdrick (DQ3) being in DQH3... but not as a playable character.  More like a cameo or something.

I think all the obvious characters are already in DQ1 and 2.  Some obvious missing ones are:

DQ2 Cousins

DQ5 kids

Torneko...?

Chamaro (I forgot what his name was in the DS game).  Barbara and Mireiyu

Mervyn and Aishe

Trode?

Andelucia

Princeton, Rex, Tabitha, Mervyn, Aishe and Anlucia all use swords so they'll have to give them a diferent weapon ala Bianca and Maribel.

Torneko is playable in DQH2, Sancho could be an spear user, Nevan could use whatever weapon is he using in his oficial art.

Trode would be amazing, he could use sticks to fight (it always weirded me out that Trode doesn't fight with us when he clearly has fighting skills)

But i don't think having fighting skills matter at all when Erinn joins your party in DQIX or we have freaking Marin in Hyrule Warriors lol.

On 8/30/2018 at 6:02 AM, JaybirdC said:

Hey, Stumer, welcome aboard!

If they did go that route -- and such a thing would not be unprecedented, given certain NPCs got basically equal representation with non-Hero player characters in the Monster Battle Road series as special cards -- I assume they would go for the big ones, like Pankraz and Pavo. Trode and Othello Marcello wouldn't be far behind on that list, I think.

More than that, DQIX has hidden costumes that allow you to dress your character up as Stella and Trode. It's not quite officially playing as those NPCs but it's clearly meant to allow you to pretend.

And your mention of Harry makes me realize he was never included in the Battle Road series, which is very curious, since he's roughly in Pankraz's ballpark as significant temporary party members go.

I do think Harry's problem is what weapon could he use that isn't another sword and what would make him stand out of other characters gameplay-wise.

Edited by Stuner50
14 hours ago, Stuner50 said:

I do think Harry's problem is what weapon could he use that isn't another sword and what would make him stand out of other characters gameplay-wise.

I always remember him as a whip user when he left my party so they could do another whip and make him different from Jessica somehow. Or maybe like a dagger? Of course, they could just as easily give him some new weapon that hasn't been used yet, like a flail.

I know I'd love to play Ortega and Pankraz in DQH3. Aquila and Pavo too. But I don't know how I'd feel about the idea of playing a main character. Methink the God Bird can only choose characters whose demise wouldn't impact much the timeline or something. 

In a similar fashion, I'd love to play Claymore (the father of Sword's hero). And Pop, Avan, Abel, Daisy ands other characters from various spin-off, manga and anime. :D

On the other hand, I'd still love to play a Dissidia Dragon Quest. Like, 012 with DQ skins on the characters would be just fine. Alef over Warrior of Light, Allen over Firion etc. But with just the main characters. Or a MOBA made in Square Enix, with various characters from all of their franchise. DQ, FF, KH, the Mana serie, Parasite Eve, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile... Soooo many possibilities. *-*

Edited by Xiggy