Sign in to follow this  
Stuner50

What game do you like better Dragon Quest Heroes I or Dragon Quest Heroes II?

I'm not asking what game is objectively better, i'm asking what game do you like better overall :D.

I personally love both, but i think Heroes II is my favourite because how refined the gameplay is, Heroes I has a better atmosphere and the nostalgia factor as well.

Edited by Stuner50

As much as I enjoyed DQH1, DQH2 improved upon it in every way.  Plus it had Angelo.

1 hour ago, cobolisdead said:

As much as I enjoyed DQH1, DQH2 improved upon it in every way.

Took the words right out of my mouth as I was clicking into this post, hahaha.

Improved on everything, additions were fantastic, AND made it far less cheesy. Great game, and I can't wait to see what they do with the 3rd entry.

Edited by hawkeye77o4

Ditto on cobolisdead and hawkeye77o4, and I hope they plan on releasing a 3rd, I though they were talking about working on it after 2 came out.

DQHTWTWATBB is my favorite, by a bunch. I felt like I wanted to do side stuff and almost 100% the game. DQH2... while I loved all the systems more, I felt it had... maybe too much little side stuff and post-game stuff for me to do. I have MAYBE 41% of the trophies and have zero desire to go back to it as well. Plattym4 routinely asks to play DQHTWTWATBB more than DQH2. Also, DQH2 has Maribel.

That said, I'd prefer the next (if it comes) to be more like DQH2. Maybe I was just burnt out after 100 hours of DQHTWTWATBB when I played 2? Heck, I didn't even want to play as any old players in DQH2, I only ever played with the 4 characters introduced in the game unless forced to.

Nostalgically, definitely DQHTWTWATBB is my favorite!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Woodus said:

Ditto on cobolisdead and hawkeye77o4, and I hope they plan on releasing a 3rd, I though they were talking about working on it after 2 came out.

DQHII came out 2 years ago, hopefully they haven't forgotten about it!

They still have so many characters to add like the DQ2 duo, someone from DQ9, Nevan, Milly, Papas, Debora, Harry,  Erik, Red, Morrie, Mervyn and the list goes on...

Heroes 2 for me. Not only is Razel more fun to use then the older protagonists, it has more monsters I like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jay said:

Heroes 2 for me. Not only is Razel more fun to use then the older protagonists, it has more monsters I like.

I hope they include monsters from XI, they're cool.

• Like 1

dragon quest heroes 3 could add some of the characters from dragon quest 2, they were left out in both games. Kids in dragon quest V were left out, dragon quest 6 left out both females, and still missing characters from 10. 

Edited by Hecatomb

Ooh, tough call. Ultimately, I think I'm siding with Heroes 2, as while I like certain character builds from Heroes better, 2 has exploration that I love dearly. I love running around and taking it all in.

I loved em both but Im going to go against the crowd here and say that I liked 1 a bit more. First off Aurora. Secondly, the trophy list/hunt was more achievable.