Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Quest #179 - Brag Your DQ Swag XI

GOO-REETINGS! 

Westy @WestyBlueSlime, here, with another DQ-promotional Quest. In honor of XI days to Dragon Quest XI, we're doing another #BragYourDQswag photo contest. If you missed the last one or even if you didn't, please join us in showing SquareEnix how much we love our DQ merch.

It's simple! Just arrange your DQ merch, photograph it and post it to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtags:

#BragYourDQswag

#DQXI

#DQForMeToo

...and the following accounts:

@DragonQuest

@DQDragonsDen

@WestyBlueSlime

...in the post.

The contest will last until DQXI launch day, and then starting 9/12/18 we will begin a week of voting on the Dragon's Den Forum. Once the voting is complete there will be prizes for the top three winners!

The new rules are as follows:

1. The plan is to promote Dragon Quest in The West, but anyone in the world can enter the contest.

2. Fit as many photos as you want in one post for the contest. Hint: historically we've seen fewer photos with more stuff make a bigger impact among DQswag voters.

3. To enter, take photos of your DQ merch and in the photo include a small piece of paper with your social media screenname as well as the hashtags #BragYourDQswag and #DQXI in the photo. We want to differentiate this contest from previous ones and give a nod to the DQXI release. Feel free to also hop into the photo as well, if you like! Adding the #s and @s will help us and the official Dragon Quest account have visibility.

4. If you entered a past DQ merch photo contest, please no reusing old photos you submitted previously. However you can take new photos of the same DQ swag and submit that to this contest!

5. In order to vote you will need to be a member of the Dragon's Den Forum (a Denizen), but you can still support the spread of Dragon Quest in the West by posting additional photos of your collection using the above hashtag and @-mentions.

6. It doesn't matter if your collection is about quantity or quality. Show us what you got!

7. Entries are due by the DQXI release date: 9/12/18. Voting will take place from 9/13-9/19 and the top three winners in will receive DQ-related prizes from Japan, donated by anonymous Dragon's Den members. Show us your swag and win some more!

40075787_301679570387945_6375696487816364032_n.jpg

Edited by Plattym3

This is Quest #180. Quest #179 is the fantasy football league.

2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

This is Quest #180. Quest #179 is the fantasy football league.

au contraire mon amie

The FF league is likely being cancelled, so I removed it's official number. 15 minutes ago you were 100% right!

Edited by Plattym3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

au contraire mon amie

The FF league is likely being cancelled, so I removed it's official number. 15 minutes ago you were 100% right!

I see. I should time travel 15 minutes ago then and then I’ll be right.

1 minute ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I see. I should time travel 15 minutes ago then and then I’ll be right.

And now that I called it a FF league, I want to kill it dead.

8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

And now that I called it a FF league, I want to kill it dead.

At least you didn’t call it the FFXII league.

I wonder if FForums have FF leagues, do they call them FFF leagues or FFFF leagues?

At least you didn’t call it the FFXII league.
That's the NFL. I just sit back and watch, no effort required.

Man. All my DQ stuff is in a box at my Dad's house. Best I can do is my PS4 DQ games. I'll have to get something set up.

Edited by HeavyQ

I've made the post, and pinned it to my Twitter account, @Iffy_Jottere.  Here's the link to the page, the post is pinned there.

https://twitter.com/iffy_jottere

And here's the direct link to my Photobucket page with the image:

IMG_20180831_103406329_zpsovhgjnlw.jpg

Hope this is sufficient!  Also just realized I forgot to include my copy of DQSwords for the Wii

Edited by The Dog of Zahan
  • Like 1

Westy asked me to make some changes and extend the deadline a bit.  Keep them coming!

Here is my entry: https://twitter.com/sackchief/status/1035949638682071041

bragyourswag.thumb.png.cbf5ee0ea6e36ce1c27114c913b85351.png

I'm kind of in the same predicament as HeavyQ.  I literally just moved to a tiny apartment in a new city a few weeks ago and I had to leave my whole DQ collection with my parents lol, so these are pics I already had on my phone otherwise if I had known, I'd show off all the magazine clippings and Nintendo Power posters I've collected.  Hope this is acceptable.

One more picture.

38e735d1f7c5da56677b762028a71840.jpg

• Like 1

One more picture.

38e735d1f7c5da56677b762028a71840.jpg&key=90a486c1de0fad32264fd3ac500704417e88d98b1e4fbcb2c2fa5f78f693dc0e
Lucky! Mine hasn't even shipped yet.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
9 minutes ago, Sackchief said:
One more picture.

38e735d1f7c5da56677b762028a71840.jpg&key=90a486c1de0fad32264fd3ac500704417e88d98b1e4fbcb2c2fa5f78f693dc0e

Lucky! Mine hasn't even shipped yet.

Square Enix shop did not let me down!

Here are most of my items

Brag2.jpeg

Brag1.jpeg

• Like 2

Do just having the games count as swag? I thought of taking part, but then I realised the only DQ swag I own are bootleg knockoffs from Wish.
I got plenty of them games though.

Edited by Sumez

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

Do just having the games count as swag? I thought of taking part, but then I realised the only DQ swag I own are bootleg knockoffs from Wish.

As far as I understand the contest, not being the guy running it?  The games are the main thing.  Don't hold back for fear of not having enough to show off.  Go for it!

Edited by The Dog of Zahan
  • Like 1

Yeah, anything you have, knockoffs or not, couple of my shirts aren't official.

I have a photograph I just took. I added all my XI merchandise. So if it doesn’t count, no worries at all. Figured I would try haha. 

17BA5F2D-4DEE-4B00-A3FF-0494552F4C5C.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sumez said:

Anything goes!

Saving this spot for my pictures.

• Like 1

Testing.

@dqdragonsden @dragonquest #BragYourDQswag #dqxi #dragonquest #dragonquest11 #squareenix #jrpg #dragonquestxi

A post shared by RL Baron (@rl_baron) on

Sign in to follow this