Your favorite fat guy from Dragon Quest?

Who is the best?

19f2e1ebe2b361ce2d171b4682790903.png

9f1aa9ff12707da62a3f3e5c93c553d5.png

1e83d27c40cdf8b9b5fb1f2b7aec1363.png

5b7c06c5cac4bdd9d34b7009b2626504.jpg

My favorite is Torneko. He is a very hardworking man and so badass.

(Points to user name)

I'm reporting this chain for body shaming.

Not trying to butter up the user of the same name, but I gotta go with Yangus, as well.  From the first moments I played DQ8 I liked that bloke.

"Awright, let's 'ave ya!"

For the sake of the topic, while I would ordinarily go with Torneko, having a hot doting wife, and going on adventures, and having a massive...MASSIVE HP pool, and for calling in merchant armies to do damage for him, because he's so world famous and popular...and for stealing 100% each time, and so fast the universe doesn't catch up as the item still remains, meaning he not only steals stuff, he COPIES whatever he steals, allowing infinite steals...and while I love Yangus' antics, though seriously, Yangus, for all his boisterousness, is the worst thief in the series!...

I'm going to go with Rab this time around.  His skill and magic set make him a Sage, a dark sage, but a Sage nevertheless, mixed with a martial artist.  So he's quite versatile, and his version of a certain skill opens up like a Kamehameha wave at the start...yes, I think I'm going to go with Rab.  Plus an international man of mystery...yeah baby, yeah!

2 hours ago, eal said:

I know at least one person around here that has some opinions on Rhapthrone...

Gee, I wonder who you mean...

Fatterthorne, the oversized firefly that becomes the superfat flying purple people eater with an ass so massive, it's gravitational pull is like an event horizon.  He's so fat, he IS his own singularity.  So utterly massive, the actual dark world is buried in his folds.

4 hours ago, JaybirdC said:

Yangus has a romance.

That’s debatable. They’ve both clearly got feelings for each other that they keep hidden away but no aspect of their relationship during the game reaches a romantic point at all.

I briefly put down my vote earlier in a hurry.  Let me clarify my fanhood for Yangus further, with more time on my hands.

I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the reformed thief and/or the rogue who breaks the law to serve justice.  Your classic Robin Hoods (not "Robbin' 'oods", the axemen of DQ), or even Malcolm Reynolds, or more recently, Ant Man in the movie.  Yangus hits that mark just so.  A streetwise fella with a hidden warm heart, wrapped in a hairy jovial belly and a cockney accent.  He may not be successful as an RPG thief, but he delivers on the reformed crook theme very well. He also gives the team he belongs to some much needed muscle!  In DQ8 or in DQ Heroes, I enjoy throwing his weight around, as my favorite quote of his illustrates.  I can't play an axe character in a video game without shouting " 'atchet Man!" as he does.  (Or occasionally, from Looney Tunes: "Hassan, CHOP!" but I digress)

4 hours ago, eal said:

That’s debatable. They’ve both clearly got feelings for each other that they keep hidden away but no aspect of their relationship during the game reaches a romantic point at all.

Implied romance is still romance. The fact that the original damage in their relationship involves a jewel named for a grief-stricken love goddess certainly suggests it was on the creators' minds, and that was before they added things in the remake like Morrie wanting them to have babies.

10 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

Implied romance is still romance. The fact that the original damage in their relationship involves a jewel named for a grief-stricken love goddess certainly suggests it was on the creators' minds, and that was before they added things in the remake like Morrie wanting them to have babies.

Torneko’s is better don’t @ me.

So much Yangus stanning. You guys know he has no eyebrows right?

45 minutes ago, Sackchief said:

And he's homely!

7 hours ago, eal said:

Torneko’s is better don’t @ me.

Everybody @eal.

2 hours ago, Sackchief said:

Yeah, that guy who’s user name is based after Yangus is the worst of the bunch. Lazy bugger isn’t even using the character as his profile picture.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Having not played XI yet I can't say much about Rab yet,and I do love Torneko and Sancho.But I definitely got to go with Yangus for so many reason,His relationship with Red,his voice\accent,like mentioned above I definitely have a soft spot for Robin Hood Types,and last but not least Cor Blimey,Guv and calling Trode,grandad.

Guys...I just realized there’s a character from Dragon Quest that’s better than the 4 pictured in the opening post. And his name is Prince Charmles!tumblr_inline_nah1d2MfNq1qk1uvh.jpg 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Guys...I just realized there’s a character from Dragon Quest that’s better than the 4 pictured in the opening post. And his name is Prince Charmles!tumblr_inline_nah1d2MfNq1qk1uvh.jpg 

Oh God not Charmles."Runs for the hills"

3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
54 minutes ago, Maxrebo said:

Dude, it's Charmles, no need to run. Walk normally for the hills.

Casually saunter for the hills.  He'll still be out of breath by the time you're across the valley.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, Maxrebo said:

Dude, it's Charmles, no need to run. Walk normally for the hills.

If he sees a lizard is behind him he’ll outrun you no problem. Charmles secretly is the fastest DQ character.