Sign in to follow this  
diogoow

Already preordered my version!!!

Finishing Octopath Traveller and then it is time for DQ XI!!! I am very anxious.

I'm a little late to the party, as I was waffling between the Switch and PS4 versions.  My husband convinced me sooner was better, and he wants to play it, too, so I preordered the regular edition nearby.  I'm excited, too!

Just pre-ordered mine off PSN.  And now we wait...

Still kinda mad this game comes out the same week as Spider-Man though.  SE sucks with their release schedules lol.  Kingdom Hearts 3 and Resident Evil 2 are coming out the same week too 😂

image.jpg

40 minutes ago, Bob_the_Almighty said:

Still kinda mad this game comes out the same week as Spider-Man though.  SE sucks with their release schedules lol.  Kingdom Hearts 3 and Resident Evil 2 are coming out the same week too 😂

Spider-man picked their release date after we did for DQXI, sooooo... 😛

Oh, and for that matter, pretty sure KH3 was locked in before RE2 also!

Edited by Michi

10 minutes ago, Michi said:

Spider-man picked their release date after we did for DQXI, sooooo... 😛

Oh, and for that matter, pretty sure KH3 was locked in before RE2 also!

The release dates for RE 2 and KH 3 were announced pretty close together.  If I remember correctly we knew KH 3’s  a day earlier because the Xbox E3 show was a day before Sony’s. 

Not that it bothers me much.  I’d pick Resident Evil 2 Remake over Kingdom Hearts 3 any day of the week.  I won’t even touch KH 3 until I’ve beaten RE 2 like half a dozen times lol. 😛

But DQ 11 and Spider-Man the same week is going to suck lol.  I’ll start DQ 11 and it will be my main game until I need a break than I will Spider-Man it up for a bit until the need for more DQ 11 consumes me. 

I am pretty stoked though.  DQ 11, Spider-Man, and RE 2 are my most anticipated games at the moment.   I still haven’t purchased Spider-Man but thankfully I get paid on the day it comes out. 😃 

@Michi  what's the word/eta on those DQ11 questions you guys went to Japan for?  I'm really curious to see the picked q's and corresponding a's.

Also...any specifics on the buffed enemies?  Would be nice to know if there's some blanket buff like 120% stats or individual buffs and maybe if resistance tables were changed to make faq writing a lot easier for me or anyone else...given 662 enemies.  Nearly 4x the average DQ.  Any bit would be greatly appreciated.

@Bob_the_Almighty Leon kicking ass with RE4 style play and 0-4 style tension and ammo maintenance?  Where do I sign up?

1 hour ago, ignasia said:

@Michi  what's the word/eta on those DQ11 questions you guys went to Japan for?  I'm really curious to see the picked q's and corresponding a's.

Also...any specifics on the buffed enemies?  Would be nice to know if there's some blanket buff like 120% stats or individual buffs and maybe if resistance tables were changed to make faq writing a lot easier for me or anyone else...given 662 enemies.  Nearly 4x the average DQ.  Any bit would be greatly appreciated.

Having some technical difficulties and delays with the videos, but you'll see them as soon as we can get them up!

Also... I don't know, haha.

1 hour ago, ignasia said:

@Bob_the_Almighty Leon kicking ass with RE4 style play and 0-4 style tension and ammo maintenance?  Where do I sign up?

Yep.  RE2 Remake is going to be amazing.  Leon is my second-favorite video game character.  First is Solid Snake/Big Boss (I know they are separate characters but they are so intergrated that they seem interchangeable). 

My hype meter is:

1 - RE 2 Remake

2 - DQ 11

3 - Spidey

I can’t remember the last time I was this excited for a trio of games lol. 

1 hour ago, Michi said:

Having some technical difficulties and delays with the videos, but you'll see them as soon as we can get them up!

Also... I don't know, haha.

Darn.  Was hoping they gave you guys some details.  LOL I'll probably replay quite a few times so I'll figure it out.  Thank you for replying though.

Hope the video issues get worked out soon.  I look forward to watching.

1 hour ago, Bob_the_Almighty said:

Yep.  RE2 Remake is going to be amazing.  Leon is my second-favorite video game character.  First is Solid Snake/Big Boss (I know they are separate characters but they are so intergrated that they seem interchangeable). 

My hype meter is:

1 - RE 2 Remake

2 - DQ 11

3 - Spidey

I can’t remember the last time I was this excited for a trio of games lol. 

Technically in almost everyway Solid is the true clone...plus I mean one IS a clone of the other so why not interchange the two?

RE4 is solidly my 3rd fav for good reason.  I wish I could fit spidey on my list.  Switch takes priority and with it xbc2.  Lots of backlog.  At least Spiderman will be very accessible for a good while.

Still kinda mad this game comes out the same week as Spider-Man though.  SE sucks with their release schedules lol.  Kingdom Hearts 3 and Resident Evil 2 are coming out the same week too

I mean would a week or two apart really make a big difference?

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

I mean would a week or two apart really make a big difference?

They screw you with the pre-order bonuses!  You either pay full price for a game you won’t play for a month to get the pre-order bonus or you wait a month and save twenty bucks but no pre-order bonus.  😞 

#FirstWorldProblems

But I’m probably never going to buy Kingdom Hearts 3 because I kinda hate the franchise lol.  

But as for DQ 11 and Spidey, I think it’s more that Spidey might suck up all the oxygen in the room.  Insomniac said that Spidey has shattered their pre-order records by a crazy amount and I’m seeing much more excitement for it.  I mean that makes sense but I’m not seeing much for DQ 11 outside the usual places.  The games being days apart hurts DQ more than it does Spider-Man I think. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bob_the_Almighty said:

But as for DQ 11 and Spidey, I think it’s more that Spidey might suck up all the oxygen in the room.  Insomniac said that Spidey has shattered their pre-order records by a crazy amount and I’m seeing much more excitement for it.  I mean that makes sense but I’m not seeing much for DQ 11 outside the usual places.  The games being days apart hurts DQ more than it does Spider-Man I think. 

Dude, I went on Amazon to pre-order Spider-Man before their 20% games Prime deal ended and you can’t even get a physical copy of the game anymore. Dragon Quest is going to get buried by this game.

I still haven't heard anyone talk about that Spiderman game at all outside of DQ communities. I guess it's super popular, but obviously it's not rubbing off on my social circle of video game nerds.

4 minutes ago, Sumez said:

I still haven't heard anyone talk about that Spiderman game at all outside of DQ communities. I guess it's super popular, but obviously it's not rubbing off on my social circle of video game nerds.

*Spider-Man

And it’s literally the only game I’m hearing people talk about at the moment.

11 minutes ago, eal said:

*Spider-Man

I did this intentionally ❤️   

5 hours ago, Sumez said:

I see people talking about it everywhere I go online and almost everyone I know in real life that plays video games are super pumped for Spidey. 

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/games/106205069/with-great-power-comes-great-responsibility--the-burden-of-making-a-spidey-video-game

It’s the most pre-ordered game in Insomniac’s history (which includes Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, and Resistance).  It’s not that it’s Insomniac’s most pre-ordered game but it’s the most pre-ordered game by a landslide.  Not to mention it dominates Sony’s PSN advertising and I assume it’s going to have a big TV advertising push, which makes sense because it’s their big game for the second-half of 2018. 

To compare to it DQ 11, only about a third of my gaming friends even know what DQ is (whereas they all know a Spider-Man game is coming out) and outside a couple of emails (which you already have to be on SE’s mailing list to get), some YouTube videos, and some banners on places like IGN here and there I haven’t seen any decent amount of advertising for DQ 11 nor much excitement from people that didn’t already play DQ (compare to KH3, which people that never even played a KH still lost their crap over it). 

I wish DQ 11 had been pushed up to the middle of August or something to give it some breathing room.  I’d say I saw way more hype for Octopath Traveler than DQ 11 online. 

Hopefully DQ 11 will be a slow burner for SE.  Debut decently enough but strong reviews and word-of-mouth to carry it through the holidays. 

Honestly, if it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't be aware a Spiderman game was coming out this upcoming month.

I overheard at least two conversations about Spider-Man in the last week and when I started listening to Podquisition, Jim said he was watching the mailman waiting for his review copy.

I’m looking forward to it myself, though that leaked selection of costumes leaves much to be desired, and I’m not looking forward to reading “Spider-Man” without the hyphen all over the Internet for the next month or too. I wonder if it’ll get reviewed stronger then God of War was.

I'm genuinely confused. I looked for some footage of the game, and it looks exactly like every other Spiderman game ever, that no one cared about. Maybe it's something specific to your regions?

*Spider-Man

That’s the thing though. Gameplay for Spider-Man games are always different, but generally looks the same to the naked eye. I could play and enjoy Shattered Dimensions just fine while Amazing Spider-Man 2 is so dreadful I have to drop it 2 hours in.

Mainly it all comes down to how Spidey web swings. For a decade developers have been trying to mimic the success of Spider-Man 2 but never quite got it right. Just look at the last two games, the movie tie-ins. They both have totally different web swinging controls! But if you didn’t look closely, you might think they’re the same in that regard. It’s all about how it feels to move and most games have done a below average to middling job at that. Spider-Man looks to have great controls, and what we’ve heard seems to corroborate that impression.

Since 2012 all of the Spider-Man games have been movie tie-ins and as such have been very sloppy. Aside from an open world we haven’t had a truly modern Spider-Man game with all trimmings you come to expect from games today, just junk with poorly implemented ideas. Stealth was absolutely pathetic in Amazing Spider-Man and ASM 2 had a Hero or Menace mechanic that was so sloppy they might as well not put it in the game. Seriously, I spent more time trying to maintain a positive rating then enjoying swinging around.

I think you sum up quite well why I don't see why there should be any hype about this. :P 

But people have played it and said it handles beautifully. It’s also the first time in years that we’re getting a Spider-Man game that wasn’t based on a movie and didn’t look like ass and actually looks like a AAA experience.

Edited by eal

There's a Spider-Man game coming out? Is it turn-based?

spider-man-and-the-x-men-in-arcades-reve

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

Since we’re talking about Spider-Man games I implore everyone to seek out the PS1 game, simply titled Spider-Man, and play that one. It’s still so far my favorite Spider-Man game. You fight a Doctor Octopus/Carnage hybrid in an underwater base, a giant Mysterio, and spend a solid 10-15 minutes running from police copters while ‘90s chase scene rock plays.