On 8/25/2018 at 6:04 PM, ignasia said:

I actually thought about something.

DQ11 will be far and away less processor intensive due to the far far far fewer number of enemies to account for.  They both use a similar form of Cell Shading that mimics CGI graphics, though 11 has more detail.  On map animations seem far less wild than in-battle.  Nevermind the amount of animations and movement that has to be accounted for in Heroes 1 and 2 related to characters and monsters spamming attacks, and seemless play.  Despite higher grade textures and more details in the environment, Heroes 1 and 2 would be more gpu and cpu intensive than this game.

So I think it's safe to assume DQH and H2's specs will be rehashed for this, and you can safely treat the Minimum processor as a Recommended.  HDD space likely 32~34, so they'll post 35 or maybe even 40 as a failsafe for patches, saves, etc.

In anycase, Heroes 1 and 2 recommended (shared elements):

Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or AMD Radeon HD 7870
DirectX: Version 11

This was quite a few months ago when I still had the Athlon II X2 I was playing a few games that said quad core in the minimum system requirements. Elder Scrolls V Skyrim SE and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. A few areas the Mordor game would drop in frames per second.

On 8/26/2018 at 3:38 PM, ignasia said:

Not always.

DQ Heroes, for instance, still gives the same pre-order items for a normal purchase.  This is for PSN, Steam, any new copies printed after release.

I forgot to mention something that someone else wrote on Gamefaqs, which is a very good point:

DQ11 is made in UE4, so transition would be smooth.  DQH and H2 are also made in UE4, which reiterates that the spec sheet should very very similar if not identical to those two.

I thought the Hero's games was made on the warriors engine or whatever it is they call it.

The only other thing I am wondering about is DRM. Hopefully we get some answers tomorrow.

Edited by ethanej

Funny enough, I couldn't find any info on the Steam release online, and came here hoping someone had answers. 

I don't play much on PC, and most of my Steam library are ports of old console games, so I don't really know what to expect. As far as I can tell, all of the review copies were for PS4. Just some minor concerns, but enough of them that I'm starting to feel anxious.

4 hours ago, mnicolai said:

Funny enough, I couldn't find any info on the Steam release online, and came here hoping someone had answers. 

I don't play much on PC, and most of my Steam library are ports of old console games, so I don't really know what to expect. As far as I can tell, all of the review copies were for PS4. Just some minor concerns, but enough of them that I'm starting to feel anxious.

Most of the ways that I have tried to contact SE on the PC version they either ignore you or they say that they can't say anything or it hasn't been announced yet.

Twitter accounts: No response

Square Enix Support: Can't say anything or hasn't been announced.

Phil Rogers: Address not found.

PR: Nothing as of yet but I have the feeling that I'LL get the same treatment as the Twitter accounts.

Oh wow.  My giving out Phil's email and the dq7 8 10 and 11 requests must have forced them to shut down the account.  I hope no threats were sent.  It was still valid as of 8 months ago.

Oooooh shoot...maybe due to my dq11 3ds petition.  He was the first on the list if emails and it was valid then.

On 8/26/2018 at 3:53 AM, sounderfan84 said:

Sometimes they give you items for pre-ordering. That is only available with pre-ordering.

To my knowledge they are just giving you some (minor) game-breaking boost items. You aren't missing out on exclusive content.
I pre-ordered the physical, but I'm not going to use seeds to power up my character for the early game, why the HELLO would I do that?

13 hours ago, Sumez said:

To my knowledge they are just giving you some (minor) game-breaking boost items. You aren't missing out on exclusive content.
I pre-ordered the physical, but I'm not going to use seeds to power up my character for the early game, why the HELLO would I do that?

I was making a in general statement about pre-ordering.

Excuse me, but they are also giving you a lanyard for preordering. Geez, get your facts straight.

/s
On Steam?  
Well no, but...

Nevermind.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit