Grandia I and II HD Remasters heading to the Switch

12 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
19 hours ago, Madrigal said:
I still have my original copies of these games, I'll buy them if they have new content.  I think most users on here who read and know my posts know what a addition addict I am.
New side quests, dungeons w/ bosses/ New Playable characters.... 
I also have three and Grandia Xtreme...

Don't be ashamed of Xtreme. I loved that game just as much as the rest!

Are you kidding me?!  I LOVED that game, it was long yes, but I loved the amount of characters that were available.   I think the story and character development could have been better but overall I still loved the game.

• Like 1
Are you kidding me?!  I LOVED that game, it was long yes, but I loved the amount of characters that were available.   I think the story and character development could have been better but overall I still loved the game.
Yeah it was purposely light on those things. They knew they had an awesome battle system and made a game of just that!
10 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
14 hours ago, Madrigal said:

Yeah it was purposely light on those things. They knew they had an awesome battle system and made a game of just that!

Personally I would like to see the first Grandia completely remade.... we are getting awesome games remade lately.  Secret of Mana remake was awesome....minus the non moving mouths...but I still liked it.

• Like 1

Man, I'll all up for Grandia on solid state media if they do physical releases. I have the original two games (on PS1 and Dreamcast), but the CD medium is exactly the reason I never even played through the first game, as the game would consistently freeze on one of the early game bosses.

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/21/2018 at 4:49 AM, Plattym3 said:
On 8/20/2018 at 7:06 PM, Fates said:
Hopefully physical releases on the Switch, otherwise unfortunately a pass from me.
I'd love to replay these games. I played 2 on the PS2, and it was incredibly buggy.

You know, I hear that all the time yet I played it and never had an issue. I wonder if it was because it was on a slim PS2 or I just got lucky.

I played through the DC version and then the PS2 version years later, the only thing I noticed was the PS2 colors were a bit muted. Other than that I never had any issues with Grandia 2 on the PS2.

• Like 1