Which Monsters game released in USA has the easiest path to Dark Drium?

Dragon Warrior Momsters 2 was probably the easiest to get late game monsters early. There is a way to get specific foreign monster masters to show up and the monsters they had changed with your level. Unlike Pokemon you could capture the monsters of these other trainers. Unfortunately the website that had the information is long gone.

• 1 month later...

Monsters 1 from my gameplay (I just got Jamirus today) seems to be moreso a tedious boring grind to get DarkDrium than actually extremely hard/nigh-impossible. Pretty much all you can do is grind-breed-repeat for hours in the slime gate and get some monsters to breed to grind, rather-rinse, repeat. Not hard, just not worth it.

Monsters 2 is the easiest and most worth it, as the game has much more open world options post-game, allowing you to get basically any monster you want with enough patience when getting keys, and also lead to new worlds to explore and trainers to fight. Overall, best option for Darkdrium.

Joker 2 is just hard to do thanks to the ludicrous recipe for Dr. Snapped. It is so bad in fact, I reccomend that you tag your Dr. Snapped/Captain Crow before breeding Nokturnus so that you could use him for something else, because it just takes tooooo long to beat. Nokturnus is amazing in this game, but he alongside most monsters is not too worth it since the post-game content is so sparse and lacking that you have nothing to do with him except brag that you did it. He is also really annoying when you use him for scouting due to his knack for using counterstriker.

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee
  • 1 month later...