Sign in to follow this  
eal

Square Enix Responds to Sugiyama’s anti-LGBTQ Comments

29 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

kv3pUJ7.jpg

How’s this?

D08BBD91-46A7-4017-AA09-CD14B9FA1CEA.thumb.jpeg.ee1621a949f73d3c077e922ce558340b.jpeg

• Upvote 2

AustNerevar sjws complain bout how everything is sexist, racist, or homophobic, they also in the past years are all for mass immigration, letting people come into countries for free, with no checks what so ever, and no processing.  Also they are pro transgender. Also theres a SJW group I forget what they are called that dress in all black, they attack people, and burn the American flags. 

I was pointing out his review is flawed, but then people started crying about it. 

Edited by Hecatomb

By your definition I'm an SJW then since I advocate for trans rights.

While you're here arguing about this nonsense, using SJW as a buzzword, there are real ones out there perpetuating real misandry and trying to censor actual speech

This is a video game forum. This review thing is a non issue. You're actually giving the reviewers viewpoints credibility by treating them so seriously.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, eal said:

How’s this?

D08BBD91-46A7-4017-AA09-CD14B9FA1CEA.thumb.jpeg.ee1621a949f73d3c077e922ce558340b.jpeg

2inj7m.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/20/2018 at 7:10 PM, Megalosaro said:

"SJW"s are a myth.

Dude, you were on NeoGAF.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

By your definition I'm an SJW then since I advocate for trans rights.

While you're here arguing about this nonsense, using SJW as a buzzword, there are real ones out there perpetuating real misandry and trying to censor actual speech

This is a video game forum. This review thing is a non issue. You're actually giving the reviewers viewpoints credibility by treating them so seriously.

You just think whatever you want if it helps you sleep at night. I just pointed out his review is flawed, but you guys want to keep defending him. 

Edited by Hecatomb

You just think whatever you want if it helps you sleep at night. I just pointed out his review is flawed, but you guys want to keep defending him. 

Not criticizing someone =!= defending someone.

Go learn about moderacy.

• Like 1

Just now, AustNerevar said:

Not attacking someone =!= defending someone.

Go learn about moderacy.

Na I'm good, just keep defending his review 

6 hours ago, eal said:

You have this way of phrasing responses to people in an argument where you basically try to frame it as if they’re willfully making a statement in bad faith.

You make it very tempting, the way you dance around technicalities. That said, if you didn't intentionally contradict yourself than I apologize for overstating on that point.

4 hours ago, Hecatomb said:

Which they do because you called him an SJW without sufficient basis.

7 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

kv3pUJ7.jpg

YOU ASKED FOR IT.

Image result for dong doge

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The reviewer though acts like a typical sjw though, if you have ever seen buzzfeed post, or Tumblr, or any other site that supports SJWs.  

9 hours ago, JaybirdC said:

You, too, Sumez. Your objection is by definition a complaint. No more of this No, except Yes nonsense.

But I'm not objecting to anything.
Why is that so hard to accept?

Are you guys so upset about SJWs that you end up seeing them everywhere?

9 hours ago, JaybirdC said:

Sex Appeal-type fanservice is a lowest common denominator deal by definition; is there any of that kind that wouldn't be "juvenile"?

No, that's my entire point. I'm glad you got that, because that means you do follow my point, but Hecatomb consistently refuses to.
You can point out that something in a game is cringey/juvenile without being opposed to it. Especially if you are reviewing a game for the public, and know that something like that will stand out to a lot of people. In that situation I'd say you are obliged to do it.

The whole puff-puff thing is all in good fun. I have been seeking them out because I enjoy them. But it is also kind of embarassing, and for a series that we want to be taken seriously and respected as a game for adults despite its cartoon appearance, that kind of stuff kind will eventually hold it back.
At the end of the day I don't really have an opinion on wether or not it should be in the game. I don't mind it being there, but it's not like I would miss it if it didn't have it, either.

Edited by Sumez

2 hours ago, JaybirdC said:

You make it very tempting, the way you dance around technicalities. That said, if you didn't intentionally contradict yourself than I apologize for overstating on that point.

You can’t contradict yourself by dancing around a technicality. A contradiction are two statements that are in opposition of each other, while a technicality is a small detail within a point being made.

Regardless, my point was neither. Armor isn’t optional (well, technically it is, but it’ll be a Herculean task getting anywhere without it and you’re meant to wear some at all times), but that doesn’t mean the sexy costumes are required, just strongly encouraged due to how good they can be, as even you yourself said I was saying. They aren’t something that can be avoided for long but you don’t necessarily need them.

13 hours ago, Hecatomb said:

The reviewer though acts like a typical sjw though, if you have ever seen buzzfeed post, or Tumblr, or any other site that supports SJWs.  

No, a Social Justice Warrior is a warrior. They are substantially more aggressive by definition. Your inability to recognize the difference between an SJW and the mild whining over DQ's level of fanservice is only going to continue to waste time and energy and make you look foolish.

12 hours ago, Sumez said:

No, that's my entire point. I'm glad you got that, because that means you do follow my point, but Hecatomb consistently refuses to.

You can point out that something in a game is cringey/juvenile without being opposed to it. Especially if you are reviewing a game for the public, and know that something like that will stand out to a lot of people. In that situation I'd say you are obliged to do it.

The whole puff-puff thing is all in good fun. I have been seeking them out because I enjoy them. But it is also kind of embarassing, and for a series that we want to be taken seriously and respected as a game for adults despite its cartoon appearance, that kind of stuff kind will eventually hold it back.
At the end of the day I don't really have an opinion on wether or not it should be in the game. I don't mind it being there, but it's not like I would miss it if it didn't have it, either.

It's hard to accept that you aren't "objecting" because you keep using words that indicate disapproval, which is the essence of an objection. You call it "cringey" and "juvenile" and now you argue that the fanservice is a obstacle to the series being taken seriously. The definition of the words you're using have put you literally in the position of saying "the fanservice is immature and makes me uncomfortable, but I don't disapprove", so maybe you don't mean it, but you give every indication of trying to have your cake and eat it, too.

As for the rest of it, screw "being taken seriously". Dragon Quest is great exactly the way it is and I've loved it since I got onboard with VIII. Taking out the minor quantities of sex appeal isn't going to make the grownups all go "this thing is suddenly less kiddy and more worthy my attention". If you think Dragon Quest should change, do it for a reason more substantial than wanting it to be more appealing to your preferred demographic. Changing a nerdy thing to get in with the cool kids is a dumb, adolescent idea.

12 hours ago, eal said:

You can’t contradict yourself by dancing around a technicality.

Sure you can.

12 hours ago, eal said:

Armor isn’t optional (well, technically it is....

See? It's easy.

More seriously, It's now apparent we agree that the sexy costumes are occasionally encouraged but only actually required in one sidequest, which is a point I belabor because the problem is that that's not what you were saying when you started. Your argument with Hecatomb is a mess because you exaggerated by saying the sexy costumes are "really not optional" and "Yes, you need it", and then when he took you at your word and accused you of lying, you took offense, said the subject of equipping armor is subjective (as if that meant something) and then, "I also said nothing about them being required", which was bullshit, intentional or otherwise.

I know Hecatomb isn't helping with his "You're with me or you're a sissy SJW" thing. I get it. Lots of gamers are like that, unfortunately. Don't make it easier for him to be like that.

EDIT: Forgot the dog.

Image result for shiba inu meme

Edited by JaybirdC
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sumez said:

I already told you like 10 times you don't need to get the puff puff or bunny suit, but you guys are too thick headed to understand that. If you also don't want the bunny suit, but are going to 100% the game you can just un-equip it.  I don't care if he gets offended or if anyone else gets a offended by female video game characters, they are not real.  Its like your brain refuses to understand any logic at all.  Show me game reviewers that review games based on side quest. 

Edited by Hecatomb

3 hours ago, JaybirdC said:

EDIT: Forgot the dog.

Image result for shiba inu meme

I was gonna say, your post felt naked earilier without the doge meme.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

@Hecatomb I really have no idea what's going on with you, but you consistently keep responding to things I didn't even write, or even touch on - which goes right back to your foray into this thread which was about Sugiyama's comments on LGBTQ people. A completely unrelated issue.

710x528_6256654_1597808_1459313013.jpg

10 hours ago, Sumez said:

@Hecatomb I really have no idea what's going on with you, but you consistently keep responding to things I didn't even write, or even touch on - which goes right back to your foray into this thread which was about Sugiyama's comments on LGBTQ people. A completely unrelated issue.

guess we better boycott every dragon quest game now

You just don't quit, do you

Edited by Sumez

Just ignore him. We've already fed the troll to much. Nothing new of value can be said anyway.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm all for discussion and shitposting, but wheel spinning isn't fun and will get the thread locked.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 1:07 AM, Sumez said:

You just don't quit, do you

the same can be said about you

tenor.gif?itemid=12514428

• Like 1