Square Enix Responds to Sugiyama’s anti-LGBTQ Comments

11 hours ago, Hecatomb said:

I mean if you are going to cry about stuff like that then don't get it, theres no reason to cry about it. I still find it funny though how offended people are by it. Typical sjw cry babies. 

Are you even reading my post, or did you just "quote" it blindly? The only person here who is crying and acting offended is you.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1) Only in the West does anyone really care, and even then it's a very small, but often vocal minority that frankly I can't stand anymore, as they make a mockery of "liberalism," having neither the ba

As a non-american, I am more worried about his other #$*!ry, such as denial of war crimes, or the copyright bullshit he's pulling with music. 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

(I’m sorry but I saw myth and had to use this clip)

And this is why I like squirrels :)

12 hours ago, Sumez said:

Are you even reading my post, or did you just "quote" it blindly? The only person here who is crying and acting offended is you.

You didn't make any valid points at all though, he's complaining about side quest and optional things you don't even have to get, if you are going to cry about it then don't get it. What don't you understand about that. Im not offended by his review, I'm pointing how flawed his logic is. Just like how flawed your logic is. I mean if you are going to get offended by fictional characters that are not even real, and complain about side quest, you might have mental issues. Also I like how you said I'm the only person who didn't like his review, everyone in the comments made fun of him and didn't like the review on the youtube page. 

Also I don't care about your feelings, just remember the characters are not real. If you are trying to 100% the game, just un-equip the costumes after the quest. Im pretty sure the world isn't going to end all cause you had to put a bunny suit on Jade. 

Edited by Hecatomb
On 9/21/2018 at 7:15 PM, Hecatomb said:

I mean if you are going to get offended by fictional characters that are not even real, and complain about side quest

I'll type this out for the last time ever. If you don't get it, I give up:

No

One

Is

Offended

Or

Complaining

Except

You

7 minutes ago, Sumez said:

I'll type this out for the last time ever. If you don't get it, I give up:

No

One

Is

Offended

Or

Complaining

Except

You

Oh was that why everyone in the youtube comments was making fun of him? Even one of the biggest you tubers angryjoe. His review was still trash though, don't care what you think. You clearly don't understand  why his review is flawed. His review even has more thumbs down also, just read the comments in the review. 

Edited by Hecatomb
1 hour ago, Hecatomb said:

Oh was that why everyone in the youtube comments was making fun of him? Even one of the biggest you tubers angryjoe. His review was still trash though, don't care what you think. You clearly don't understand  why his review is flawed. His review even has more thumbs down also, just read the comments in the review. 

Sounds like the commenters were more offended then an boogeyman “SJWs” were. It’s a pretty sad state of affairs when a single comment could offend people so badly that they feel the need to completely disregard an entire (#$*!ing positive!) review enough to downvote it. However, downvotes and negative comments does not represent a majority opinion. People are just generally more passionate in their negativity then in their positivity.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, eal said:

Sounds like the commenters were more offended then an boogeyman “SJWs” were. It’s a pretty sad state of affairs when a single comment could offend people so badly that they feel the need to completely disregard an entire (#$*!ing positive!) review enough to downvote it. However, downvotes and negative comments does not represent a majority opinion. People are just generally more passionate in their negativity then in their positivity.

Seems like you just want to agree with sjws though crying about side quest, and optional things you can get like puff puff. If he didn't want them then why did he get them? Why did he go out of his way to find things that offend him, instead of talking about pep powers, or riding monsters. He doesn't even explain why. BTW Ign also gave GTA games 9 out of 10s but they know you can sleep with hookers, and have a lot more sexual content in those games. They also gave god of war games 9 out of 10s, even though theres a sex mini game 3some. Of course they are not going to say anything bad about those games. 

Edited by Hecatomb

This is me every time I check this topic:

• Like 2
This is me every time I check this topic:

1 hour ago, Hecatomb said:

Seems like you just want to agree with sjws though crying about side quest, and optional things you can get like puff puff. If he didn't want them then why did he get them? Why did he go out of his way to find things that offend him, instead of talking about pep powers, or riding monsters. He doesn't even explain why. BTW Ign also gave GTA games 9 out of 10s but they know you can sleep with hookers, and have a lot more sexual content in those games. They also gave god of war games 9 out of 10s, even though theres a sex mini game 3some. Of course they are not going to say anything bad about those games. 

First of all, his job was to review the game so his responsibility is to play it thoroughly. He can’t just skip over content, especially if it’s something he might find uncomfortable the readers might want to know about.

Secondly, he does explain why he had a problem with it:

”Dragon Quest’s long tradition of “puff-puff,” a pseudo-sexual metaphor coined by Dragonball creator Akira Toriyama, also returns in Dragon Quest XI. Dragon Quest games have long included semi-lewd puff-puff references as a sort of Easter egg, and Echoes of an Elusive Age leans too heavily into that tradition. At times it’s played for laughs... a cliffside puff-puff turns out to be just some bungee jumping, and another proves nothing more than an innocent makeup application. But one optional encounter really put me off. I was invited into a girl’s dim bedroom where I received a puff-puff in a dim room, and when the lights came back on, her father was standing there. She revealed that he’d delivered the puff-puff in the dark. The consent implications troubled me. I didn’t find it funny.

Notice how he’s neutral on puff-puff aside from one he found objectionable. As for the bunny girl costumes:

”I’d also be remiss not to mention some of the cringe-inducing sexualization present in Dragon Quest XI. What does a side quest tasking me to dress up female party members like fetishized bunny girls really add to the Dragon Quest experience?

Bunny girls are stapel, one that he is not knocking as a concept. He’s knocking dressing your party members up like bunny girls. 

And about IGN giving high scores to video games with sexual content...those are reviews given by different people. They can talk about whatever they find relevant. But more importantly, know what you get with GTA and God of War. Excessive violence and gore is expected in those games. Uncomfortable sexual humor is not common.juvenile sexual humor, yes, but never uncomfortable. I laughed at the puff-puff in question, but I can understand how it could make another person uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, eal said:

Notice how he’s neutral on puff-puff aside from one he found objectionable.

Which is strange given that fact that it's a nostalgic throwback to the Assalam moment; the most memorable Puff-Puff in the franchise. Your pervy intentions are foiled, which is what makes it so funny.

Edited by Dwaine
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

Which is strange given that fact that it's a nostalgic throwback to the Assalam moment; the most memorable Puff-Puff in the franchise. Your pervy intentions are foiled, which is what makes it so funny.

Exactly! That’s the funniest puff-puff in the series, and seeing it brought back in XI was hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

He found an issue with the consent, or lack thereof, involved with that particular instance.

3 minutes ago, eal said:

He found an issue with the consent, or lack thereof, involved with that particular instance.

That'sthejoke.gif

I know that’s the joke, and he had a problem with it.
I hate how every detail of a video game has to become some ethical issue. Its a Dragon Quest game. If you're going to make issues over something as innocuous as that then you should be boycotting Pokemon for animal cruelty.
4 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
6 minutes ago, eal said:
I know that’s the joke, and he had a problem with it.

I hate how every detail of a video game has to become some ethical issue. Its a Dragon Quest game. If you're going to make issues over something as innocuous as that then you should be boycotting Pokemon for animal cruelty.

He didn’t say it was worthy of a boycott. He said it was a detail that made him personally uncomfortable in a game he gave an otherwise glowing review of. If he felt uncomfortable, it stands to reason others could be put off by it as well.

He was not “outraged.” As far as I know he did not take to social media to lambast the game. He didn’t urge readers to #$*! at Square Enix about it. He didn’t even call it sexist. He said he found it uncomfortable. That’s a valid way to feel about something, and he’s allowed to express it without being called a “SJW.”

Edited by eal
He didn’t say it was worthy of a boycott. He said it was a detail that made him personally uncomfortable in a game he gave an otherwise glowing review of. If he felt uncomfortable, it stands to reason others could be put off by it as well.
He was not “outraged.” As far as I know he did not take to social media to lambast the game. He didn’t urge readers to #$*! at Square Enix about it. He didn’t even call it sexist. He said he found it uncomfortable. That’s a valid way to feel about something, and he’s allowed to express it without being called a “SJW.”
You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't call him an SJW or accuse him of being outraged.

I simply said I'm sick how in reviews like this, somebody has to pick an incredibly minor detail and treat it so seriously as if it's a big ethical issue when it's just a silly joke. I don't care if he felt uncomfortable or if other people did as well. They're being childish and petty if they do.
7 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't call him an SJW or accuse him of being outraged.

I simply said I'm sick how in reviews like this, somebody has to pick an incredibly minor detail and treat it so seriously as if it's a big ethical issue when it's just a silly joke. I don't care if he felt uncomfortable or if other people did as well. They're being childish and petty if they do.

The first paragraph was specifically addressed to you, the second was a wider point I was making. Sorry, should’ve been more clear on that.

Jaybird's here to stir the pot!

(Dwaine's had the sanest reaction so far, but forget him, bickering is more fun).

The Dragon Quest fandom is too puny and obscure to have a serious contingent of Single Japanese Womens in it.

The consent objection to the puff puff gag is ridiculous and should be laughed at. The entire point point of the puff puff gag is discovering what new way will the perv main character be punished for his attempt at no-strings-attached sexytimes. It's a boke and tsukkomi routine with the universe.

On 9/19/2018 at 5:43 AM, eal said:

I don’t know where the sexy costumes thing comes from though, but they really aren’t optional.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:39 PM, eal said:

First, please don’t call me a liar over something as subjective as what armor you equip because I found out about visible armor after I equipped the Dancer’s Costume to Serena because it was the best armor for the right price for me at the time. I also said nothing about them being required.

C'mon, eal, that's no good and you know it. You can't say something is basically mandatory and then defend yourself on the technicality that you didn't say it was actually mandatory.

Just say the game heavily encourages it by giving the sexy costumes good stats and move on.

On 9/20/2018 at 3:07 AM, Sumez said:

No one is complaining about sexy costumes.

...He just points out that the oversexualised dress-up of female characters is cringey.

You, too, Sumez. Your objection is by definition a complaint. No more of this No, except Yes nonsense.

On 9/20/2018 at 3:07 AM, Sumez said:

That kind of juvenile fanservice is cringeworthy as hell.

Sex Appeal-type fanservice is a lowest common denominator deal by definition; is there any of that kind that wouldn't be "juvenile"?

On 9/19/2018 at 6:25 PM, Plattym3 said:

I love how people exaggerate 1 person or 1 thread and discount the 99% of other people who don't speak up or give 2 shits.

The 99% of other people who don't speak up provide no information on their interests and tastes. They got no business complaining about being ignored when they provide nothing to pay attention to. (It's not fun, but they won't hear you if you don't make yourself heard).

On 9/20/2018 at 5:10 PM, Megalosaro said:

"SJW"s are a myth.

Not true. Prime Minister Shinzou Abe has been making waves in his attempt to combat the rising tide of Single Japanese Womens.

The obnoxious politically-consumed and victimhood-obsessed on the other hand just swarm around juicier targets. One of the newer things they're interested in is Medieval Studies.

On 9/20/2018 at 2:16 PM, Dwaine said:

Two cute dongs it is.

VcmJnd5.jpg

GJS2I6g.jpg

Image result for two cute doges

Your move, @Mefista. I bet you my doges are cuter than anything you could throw at this thread.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, eal said:

First of all, his job was to review the game so his responsibility is to play it thoroughly. He can’t just skip over content, especially if it’s something he might find uncomfortable the readers might want to know about.

Secondly, he does explain why he had a problem with it:

”Dragon Quest’s long tradition of “puff-puff,” a pseudo-sexual metaphor coined by Dragonball creator Akira Toriyama, also returns in Dragon Quest XI. Dragon Quest games have long included semi-lewd puff-puff references as a sort of Easter egg, and Echoes of an Elusive Age leans too heavily into that tradition. At times it’s played for laughs... a cliffside puff-puff turns out to be just some bungee jumping, and another proves nothing more than an innocent makeup application. But one optional encounter really put me off. I was invited into a girl’s dim bedroom where I received a puff-puff in a dim room, and when the lights came back on, her father was standing there. She revealed that he’d delivered the puff-puff in the dark. The consent implications troubled me. I didn’t find it funny.

Notice how he’s neutral on puff-puff aside from one he found objectionable. As for the bunny girl costumes:

”I’d also be remiss not to mention some of the cringe-inducing sexualization present in Dragon Quest XI. What does a side quest tasking me to dress up female party members like fetishized bunny girls really add to the Dragon Quest experience?

Bunny girls are stapel, one that he is not knocking as a concept. He’s knocking dressing your party members up like bunny girls. 

And about IGN giving high scores to video games with sexual content...those are reviews given by different people. They can talk about whatever they find relevant. But more importantly, know what you get with GTA and God of War. Excessive violence and gore is expected in those games. Uncomfortable sexual humor is not common.juvenile sexual humor, yes, but never uncomfortable. I laughed at the puff-puff in question, but I can understand how it could make another person uncomfortable.

Yes but he did skip talking about pep powers, and riding monsters. Pretty much every game review also don't include side quest, since they are not part of the main game. Most game reviewers will just say the game has side quest, but he go's out of his way to find things that offend him, and even in the review he complains about the bunny suit but doesn't take it off. If he doesn't like then why was he wearing it. It just seems like he wants to find things that offend him, thats the typical SJW mind set. 

Edited by Hecatomb
33 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

C'mon, eal, that's no good and you know it. You can't say something is basically mandatory and then defend yourself on the technicality that you didn't say it was actually mandatory.

Just say the game heavily encourages it by giving the sexy costumes good stats and move on.

You have this way of phrasing responses to people in an argument where you basically try to frame it as if they’re willfully making a statement in bad faith.

Yes but he did skip talking about pep powers, and riding monsters. Pretty much every game review also don't include side quest, since they are not part of the main game. Most game reviewers will just say the game has side quest, but he go's out of his way to find things that offend him, and even in the review he complains about the bunny suit but doesn't take it off. If he doesn't like then why was he wearing it. It just seems like he wants to find things that offend him, thats the typical SJW mind set. 
Aren't you an SJW then?

We associate the term SJW with extremist leftism/regressivism (correctly so) but the mindset exists everywhere. You're just looking for things to be angry ahout with this one guys review.

Why is he so worth your time?
  • Dwaine locked this topic